Lightbulb Critics and Reviews much appreciated ^_^

http://www.pinkpt.com/ ^_^

<<MOD NOTE: This URL has been changed (by request of the thread starter) from a previous URL>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-21-2002 at 11:42 PM.

Nothing there but 3 dots ...
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Looks okay, the only thing I don't like is all the ads, but maybe that's where your site's revenue comes from.

Pretty good overall.

am I missing something? I only see 3 dots too

hmmm....I saw the site this afternoon but now I see the 3 dots

Try refreshing the page.

Three dots is all I saw as well.
    Alvin Slocombe
    E-Insites - "Web services, simplified."

No three dots for me.

When I first came to your site, I was puzzled on what it was about. I was thinking along the lines of a new anime cartoon, such as Pokemon... Then until I actually clicked on one of the links (How to Use PPT), I found it it was something associated to NeoPets. Just as a recommendation, you should probably have a tagline or slogan near your PinkPooglyToy logo that states that your site is a resource for NeoPet strategies, info, etc.

I have to say, for a Neopets website, it's fantastic. It's clean, orderly, and a much better improvement that your previous layout.

I also like your Quick Links feature, clever way to make your homepage the default page for Neopet fans.

Cheers!

Btw, popup = evil = less visitors

what am I missing, I looked at the source and there are only 3 dots as well, could someone post a screenshot?

Looks great! I love it!

Seems to come up now. Strange.

I don't know much about NeoPets, but the site seemed to not really have much focus. There are so many links on either side that I would be intimidated if I didn't know what I was looking for. But if you are an experienced user, then maybe it all makes sense. Not sure. You need to valign your left nav to top though, it is currently going to the center which doesn't look good or make for easy navigation. Oh yeah, and the pop-ups ... bad.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Originally posted by progex
    No three dots for me.

When I first came to your site, I was puzzled on what it was about. I was thinking along the lines of a new anime cartoon, such as Pokemon... Then until I actually clicked on one of the links (How to Use PPT), I found it it was something associated to NeoPets. Just as a recommendation, you should probably have a tagline or slogan near your PinkPooglyToy logo that states that your site is a resource for NeoPet strategies, info, etc.

I have to say, for a Neopets website, it's fantastic. It's clean, orderly, and a much better improvement that your previous layout.

I also like your Quick Links feature, clever way to make your homepage the default page for Neopet fans.

Cheers!

Btw, popup = evil = less visitors
    Okily dokily, I will valign Thanks for all the constructive criticism I will use them lol. Much appreciated. Yeah sorry about the pop ups. My host automatically puts them there. There should only be one though.

Actually, the reason why some people may be seeing three dots is because my host servers are being sabotaged by an old staff member. Unfortunately, my site had to be on one of those servers.

It's been occuring for a few days now and they're trying to fix it. Usually, they provide excellent services argh >_<

Oh wells ^_^ Thanks once again for all you koo critics out there!

Oh. I am having a small delemma if anyone can help solve. Counters. ALl the counters I sign up for on the net, delete my account after a week because they say "You generate too much traffic". I then ask them if I paid for the counter and then they say "We're not designed to handle your traffic".

I've tried stats4all and bravenet. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Originally posted by huynhk
    Oh. I am having a small delemma if anyone can help solve. Counters. ALl the counters I sign up for on the net, delete my account after a week because they say "You generate too much traffic". I then ask them if I paid for the counter and then they say "We're not designed to handle your traffic".

I've tried stats4all and bravenet. Does anyone have any reccomendations?
    I'm not a big fan of counters, but have you thought of making your own? What type of site do you have that remote host won't keep you? I couldn't view your site... three dots.

Not being funny, but I would be more concerned about downtime instead of a counter. I understand it's not your host's fault directly, but if you get as much traffic as you say, the downtime has to be hurting your site's reputation and/or business.

Naah I'm cool with it I don't really care how much traffic the site gets, I just wanna keep track of how much it has roughly gotton (as silly as that sounds)

Yeah, I think setting up my own would be the best option.

A php counter would be the way to go, if your host has it that is.

I was able to view your site. Not to bad, the main content area could be centered evenly. It's a little squished towards the right.

Your content and menu area is sort of like a gamer/phpnuke looking site, the curved graphics don't match with it.

I never heard of neopets before (sorry) but it seems to be a huge hit. Would be nice if you could get your own domain and a ad free host.

Originally posted by punaboy
    A php counter would be the way to go, if your host has it that is.

I was able to view your site. Not to bad, the main content area could be centered evenly. It's a little squished towards the right.

Your content and menu area is sort of like a gamer/phpnuke looking site, the curved graphics don't match with it.

I never heard of neopets before (sorry) but it seems to be a huge hit. Would be nice if you could get your own domain and a ad free host.
    Do you have any reccomendation for counrer scripts on the net? I think I'll need to install it myelf as my host takes ages to reply to any of my emails (2-3 weeks). I guess I could look for a new host, but I still need to look for one that offers what I'm looking for.

Ahh ok I see. What would you do to the menu to make it more asthetically pleasing?

NeoPets is an online game Preety big actually lol. Hmm

Just my opinion,

It's the not really the menu, the curved graphics aren't working with the "squared" look. I would go with one or the other.

You should be able to find a script at www.hotscripts.com or any script site that will suit your needs/hosting.

I only see THREE LOUSY DOTS!
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Thumbs up

GREAT SITE!!!!
    I LOVE RAVEN!

. . .?

sorry. new url http://www.pinkpt.com