* xboxgnome.com - review me

Please take a look at XBOXgnome.com. And add any suggestions, comments, and feedback. I am fully aware that the articles aren't on the site yet, but they'll look like the rest of the site.

I am trying to build a truely unique gaming site. How you might wonder? No pop-ups or pop-unders (possibly a single 250x50 banner), unbiased reviews, free mini-strategy guides, intellectually-based articles, and a forum that will have almost constant superivision. So all those jerks, get booted.

What do you think?

Why the big black box in your news section under the date? (see screenshot)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot.gif  
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

I don't see that on my screen, but I'll look into it. Could you give me some more specifics, like OS, browser, etc you're using?

Edit:
    Oh, I think I know whats causing it, but don't know why. I have a 1px solid black border line under all the dates, so you can distuinguish them from the headlines.

I don't see it on mine either

The design is quite simple, and in this case that makes the site look rather dull. Right when the page loaded I lost all interest in carrying on throughout the site.

But anyways, I would suggest increasing the navigation buttons. They are way too small.

Originally posted by jake712
    I don't see that on my screen, but I'll look into it. Could you give me some more specifics, like OS, browser, etc you're using?
    I using IE 5.1.5 running on a Mac.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Looking fine here...My only whine is the buttons on the left are too small.

I think I've fixed the problems with the Mac browsers, thanks for the heads up. It turns out it was a miswrite of a CSS file reading: border-bottom-width: 100%. Which probably gave you that huge black box/really thick line.

If anyone still experiences problems, feel free to PM me or leave a post below.

i dont see the black box either .... ive always been fond of the minimalistic look myself , nice job

buttons are too small, I can't read them well even on my big monitor. Also just a minor point that there seems to be a lot of wasted 'real estate'. i.e. a lot of blank space.
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.