Question how long does hosting setup take?

I just signed up for hosting (just waiting for my account to be setup). how long does setup usually take?
    PixelOptik

If you just signed up and you didnt get anything yet, that means that it has to be processed manually. It all depends on the host and how often they check.

well, they sent 2 emails. One was a Receipt and the other was an order placement review..but in general how long does it take? (on average)
    PixelOptik

In general 24-48 hours if done manually.

actually setting it up probably takes only a few minutes, but you have the time it takes for them to get to your email, plus the time for them to make sure you are probably who you say you are by doing things like checking your IP vs credit card address, etc.

It varies anywhere from instantly to several days depending on the host and how busy/careful they are.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Hosting package wise, we have automated the system so that customers are setup within one hour. This also has all the standard security checks on the credit card etc... built in to this time.

Automation, don't you love it

If you have already gotten 2 emails then you know that the process is well underway. I doubt most hosts would stretch it past 24 hours though.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Agreed. And if you still have nothing 24 hours after you ordered, you should definitely give them a call.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

k, thanks for the help everyone
    PixelOptik

Originally posted by Schumie
    Automation, don't you love it
    Not really. While our processor screens credit cards, we still go ahead and set up accounts manually. I can't forsee the day that we'd ever set up an account automatically. Much better to have a human set of eye's on the process to pick up those oddities that a computer will always miss.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Well, someone told me Ensim accts take awhile to set up because Apache has to be shut down each time an acct is set up.

Ensim or Cpanel, whatever, anytime you add an account, apache restarts... why they feel this has to do with setup time though, I am not sure. It's not like you have to reboot the server, just reload the service.

Yes during the last two weeks I've setup accounts once per day, thanks to our recent sale we got 700 or so new web hosting orders in 15 days, that's a LOT of apache restarts and it'll tee off the customers already setup to have apache start and stop like 50 times per day to add new domains.

Then an Ensim tech (fixing an unrelated problem) gave me a hint on how to batch create domains and only have 1 apache restart, it's so simple I coulda smacked myself for never having thought of it myself. But that only helps when setting up many accounts at once, doesn't do a dang thing for setting up 1 new account 30 times a day.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

700 in 15 days!
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Dixi dixi.. please share your secret

PixelOptik,
    Most companies should be able to have you set up in the first 24 hours or so. If it takes them a lot longer than that (say more than 48 hours) you should be giving some serious thought to just how responsive their support may be down the line??

Our company processes new accounts manually, and rarely (I can't remember an instance) can it take more than 6-8 hours.
    @GHSteadman - Facebook/Twitter/Instagram

http://SteadmanCreative.com/