Dedicated Servers with Ensim

I'm looking for a dedicated server with Ensim. I have spend the last two days searching and reading the forums.

I've searched on some provider names and got pages and pages of results to wade through and sometimes some flame wars or threads veering off-topic.

I want to hear the good and bad experiences with providers of dedicated servers with the Ensim control panel.

I want excellent customer support and uptime. Cost is a consideration too, but that is something that is easier to get from the provider's web site.

If there are certain things that will add to my monthly cost that isn't obvious, please point that out.

Jennifer

Easy choice there, RackShack is the best service you'll find, I would go with them!

It depends on weather you need the server managed or not.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: johna11en@hotmail.com | e-mail

I'd be interested in hearing about both managed and not. I'm a fast learner, but don't know if I really have the time right now. I guess it depends on how much extra it would be for managed.

Jennifer

I'd have to recommend RackShack.net as well, they have excellent support and their servers are affordable. I'd try to snatch one of those $1 setup servers before they sell out

UnitedColo.com also has Ensim servers for $99/month. Their support seems to be pretty good and their uptime is improving from what I hear.

RackShack and UnitedColo are both unmanaged. If you want a managed server, you might want to check out RackSpace.com, they have a lot of good reviews

Managed - They control just about every aspect of the server and the software.

Standard - A host will provide reboot, and usually software updates. That is usually about it.

That is the quick explanation of Managed Vs. standard dedicated hosting.
    springer

Expect to pay about $150 extra per month for a managed server...

That Rackspace it's a good visual off the manage ISP's...

They charge as hell for servers it's almost no Bandwight

I wold advise serius to get an unmanage you can loss like some time getting ass kicked buy the server but you will get more stuff off it

PS : Unitedcolo.com does not have ensim it the $99 plan only it the $199 but rackshack.net does have ensim it the $99 plan but offers lower bandwight than Unitedcolo check both and chose

Good luck

Originally posted by hostingsp
    That Rackspace it's a good visual off the manage ISP's...

They charge as hell for servers it's almost no Bandwight

I wold advise serius to get an unmanage you can loss like some time getting ass kicked buy the server but you will get more stuff off it

PS : Unitedcolo.com does not have ensim it the $99 plan only it the $199 but rackshack.net does have ensim it the $99 plan but offers lower bandwight than Unitedcolo check both and chose

Good luck
    Please don't get drowned in bandwidth numbers. I'd rather buy 50GB but be sure that the speed and support will always be fine, than 500GB at the same price but with tons of downtime, saturation, slow support responses, ...

Back to the original topic : most dedicated providers will be able to set up an Ensim-ready box for you so that you only need to upload your own license key (from ensim.com).

Rgds,
    Carl

Please don't get drowned in bandwidth numbers. I'd rather buy 50GB but be sure that the speed and support will always be fine, than 500GB at the same price but with tons of downtime, saturation, slow support responses, ...
    Yeah ok... If you don't want a 4 hours response ( Unitedcolo.com it's about that, and @ rs i guess it's lees ) than buy a 400 Gb from rackspace.com for $1000. While you can get a $99 from RS(400GB) our United(500GB).

Back to the original topic :
    I was on the topic...

most dedicated providers will be able to set up an Ensim-ready box for you
    I have ask United to install the ensim for me to try the 30 days free lincen. and they said sorry but we can't you will have to install that buy your self.

And RS already comes it ensim

Mango

Don't crazy talk this guy man.. Rackshack.net and Unitedcolo.com are one off the greatest ISP's and they will provide it they promise !!!

ps: If are goin to get a manage it 50 Gb get a T1 (download/upload) DSL our CABLE and host the site on your windows
    Will be cheaper and you can manage real easy
    Last edited by hostingsp; 11-04-2002 at 05:28 AM.

hostingsp, your getting a bit obsesed (if thats how you spell it ) with bandwidth

OOOOppPPPPSSSssSS

Bandwith

Bandwith

Yes yes, we know you love bandwidth *wubs his 400gig*

Originally posted by hostingsp
    [B]
    Mango

Don't crazy talk this guy man.. Rackshack.net and Unitedcolo.com are one off the greatest ISP's and they will provide it they promise !!!
    OK, just FYI, we own $2700 worth of servers at RackShack, so I do know how well they are. And we also *had* experiences with UnitedColo, see another thread for details.

I just think it's extremely strange why a couple of days ago you were bashing RS and praising UC from all sides, and now you're defending RS

I think you're a very remarkable person...

Carl

What hosts offer managed with Ensim?

Jennifer

For excellent managed service with Ensim, check out:
    remarkablehosting.com

The downside is that they are more expensive. However, if you value your peace of mind, it may be worth it.

Marlon

Also check out Webreseller - http://www.webreseller.net
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard