Money making on the net...

For those looking to create careers on the net, what would be something where someone could make a career and have a decent profit?

Hey Derek. I guess you live near me here in orlando using CFL RR. Well I do gaming and make some extra cash with it. But really depends on your talents. Also it may take you a year or two before you make anything decent. There is no such thing as a instant boom.

Well I think that advertising is dead which means whatever you decide the user must be willing to pay for it. If it is on the net people expect it for free. Hell they dont even click on banners now anymore.

Sell Free Hosting

How can you "sell" free hosting ? Or was that being sarcastic

The advertising scene has really sucked over the last several years. It's definately not like the old days where you can just set up a site, send traffic and make a living off it.

Those were the good old days for easy money. I truely think that AllAdvantage and other pay-to-surf companies crashed the whole CPM market.
    Kaumil P.

Derek, you need more than a desire for money to earn profit with any business.

You need long term business goals, and be able to put in a lot of work. The internet doesn't change that.

There is room for building an internet career - but even then, profits aren't necessarily going to be great - and because the internet is so completely over-marketed upon, being able to distinguish a new business is highly difficult. Referrals is the key here.

No matter what anyone says, there's no such thing as easy money. Everything has its price. And reward takes great effort.

^- Agreed.
    Kaumil P.

I have learned in the recent years, that money can be made on the internet, doing things you would never imagine. I have one friend as we call him "The Ebayer", he is the type of guy, who collects just about anything, and saves it. Meanwhile, as of the last couple of months, he looks around his house, and finds stuff he does not need anymore, and then sells it on Ebay. He inherited lots of coins, stamps, baseball cards, antiques, when his father died. He makes good money doing it on the side, I can remember at one time, he sold a coin for $1500. There is so much you can do to earn money on the internet, it just takes an idea!
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Originally posted by hostingplex
    How can you "sell" free hosting ? Or was that being sarcastic

The advertising scene has really sucked over the last several years. It's definately not like the old days where you can just set up a site, send traffic and make a living off it.

Those were the good old days for easy money. I truely think that AllAdvantage and other pay-to-surf companies crashed the whole CPM market.
    I beg to differ lol. While for the majority, it will be be hard and take some time to build up a sizeable amount of income that one can live off, like many things, all it really takes is some luck, and setting something up in the right place at the right time

Originally posted by hostingplex
    How can you "sell" free hosting ? Or was that being sarcastic ..
    You have to ask?

theres some good points in there guys, thanks