View Poll Results: Would you pay $300 per year for a complete web host resource site?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 11.11%
  • no

16 88.89%

Well, would you?

If there was a site that offered a complete resource for web hosts, like guides, tutorials, forums, etc... etc... of course more features.

Question: Would you pay $300 per year for access?

For a web host or a web hosting prospect?
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

Any user...

I may be willing to pay $300 if I knew how the product was proven to be very useful through customer testimonials. A good idea would be to have a demo of your member's area.
    Matt De Leon

It is not a product. It is an actual complete resource site.

It is sold therefore it is a product. Well, it basically depends how you look at it.
    Matt De Leon

There is no way you can actually offer a demo... people could just take the info and run. It is technically a resource site that sells itself as a service.

Hmmm...well, you could have a sample tutorial orr guide. Nothing much, just something to give the visitor an idea how the member's area works.
    Matt De Leon

Lightbulb

He'd be basically selling memberships to receive access to the site.

I consider $300 to be a fair amount for money. Considering how much information is already accessible over the internet for free, this "resource site" would have to be a heck of a solid program in order for me to take part in it.

Also, I most likely would not sign-up immediately, even if I heard many positive reviews. I'd wait a while until the site's reputation is strongly built up.

Yes, bsite would have it all in one, to save the hassle of searching everywhere else. There would also be new features in you can't get anywhere else, nothing planned yet.

I haven't really seen any host resource sites yet.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    Also, I most likely would not sign-up immediately, even if I heard many positive reviews. I'd wait a while until the site's reputation is strongly built up.
    Agreed. You might want to get some deal going to give a selected group of people free membership to review the product.
    Matt De Leon

Originally posted by Derek
    Yes, bsite would have it all in one, to save the hassle of searching everywhere else. There would also be new features in you can't get anywhere else, nothing planned yet.

I haven't really seen any host resource sites yet.
    Well...I think the point is words aren't worth $300. People have to have proof in front of them showing that people have actually used the site and has proven useful.
    Matt De Leon

What do you reccomend? Trials can't be offered because as said, they could grab the info and run.

By the way, if you vote no, please give some input on why. That's usually the point of these surveys.

What do you reccomend? Trials can't be offered because as said, they could grab the info and run.
    I recommend giving a selected group of people free access to the site (people you know well enough to trust them not to steal content) and have them evaluate it (hopefully good evaluations ) so that visitors know there is something truly worth $300 behind the site.

Just as a suggestion: Do make sure you go to the extreme to keep your content copyrighted so that it may not be stoled. If members are sneaky enough, they could simply copy the articles, guides, tutorials, etc. and post them somewhere for their own selected group. Just like mp3's and warez...
    Matt De Leon

There would have to be some seriously kicka$$, cutting edge stuff in there for me to pay 300 bucks.

I voted NO because, How do i know the 300 dollars i pay will give me my money's worth?

Unless you have some way to prove that the information contained within is worth the gold, i'm not parting with any.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I voted no because I do my research on google for free. It is a pain that's its scattered all over the web but still it's there for free. I don't pay $300 a year to host my site I couldn't see myself spending $300 for resources on web hosting that I could most likely find for free on my own. My perspective is that of a consumer, I'm not a host.

Aren't there already good free resources? Why would anyone pay when they can goto SITE A or SITE B?
    Kaumil P.

Re: Well, would you?

Question: Would you pay $300 per year for access?
    Unless it loaded to the rafters with info that was:

A - specific to my exact needs
    B - Something that couldn't be found through some judicious Googling

Then I'd have to say no.

=mazz=