Post Resume: Linux Technican

Hi All,
    I am new here, but this is the kind of place I've been looking for. My current place of employment is going through financial difficulties, so they have laid off the tech support with the exception of myself. I am remaining a few extra weeks to help them with documentation of problems on the servers, but I figured I should get out and start searching.
    The desired salary listed on my resume is what I am currently paid, but I am willing to negotiate and work for less... or more.
    I have my resume posted on, so I just recreated it and uploaded it to my personal site.
    I can work just about anytime, I go to college online as well, so it isn't constricting. My business and personal AOL IMs are:
    I'm online alot, so it shouldn't be hard to contact me.
    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Blackthorne; 11-01-2002 at 03:57 PM.

we got dis l33t hosting compny n we need staff. u can have unlimited space bandmwidth 4 payment cuz we cant afford 2 pay neone. cheers and u can contact me on irc in the warez channels"

This is most likely the type of response you'll get Blackthorne, folks here are very cheap, but in any case, good luck with your search.

You always have to try. In anycase, that was a very funny post, good way to get my day started. lol

Very Professional Blackstone

Just wanted to compliment you on your approach. A coherent explanation as to your status and what you are looking for with a quality resume attached. I would think it will lead to some possibilities.

Again, it is nice to see someone present themselves professionally when asking for a job.

how can you offer unlimited bandwidth ?
    FastRack Hosting - HTTP://WWW.FASTRACK-HOST.COM
    [email protected]

Thank you, Incognito. I really enjoy doing this kind of work and there does seem to be some good opportunities here besides free bandwidth for my services.

Halo Service,

It was a joke

Impressive resume and a very understandable post. Neither are seen here enough.. Not sure if you are open to this but will you work doing just hourly or as needed admin work until you find something full time? We don't need help all the time but I know this is something that does come up a lot. Get with me and maybe we can work something out on the work we need.

We use Plesk/RH 7.2 are you familiar with this??

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Are you also available to work on a project-by-project or short-term hourly basis?

Hi Atr,
    Yes, I'm available for projects and short term hourly basis. Guess it just depends on what you want done. I'm not a major programmer, but I give you an honest opinion of whether or not I can accomplish what you want.