Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Angry FlohHost Is Terrible! Have to read this.

About a month ago I signed up with FloHost. You know, the company run by a 17 year old kid. I have had nothing but problems. My site is always down and sometimes for days at a time. It was recently down because of a billing error. He said I owed him money when I didn't because I had only been signed up for 3 weeks.
    He has a section on his site called 'Account Information'. It's not up yet so I sent him an email asking when it would be up and the reply I got made my opinion about FloHost even worse. I am now in the process of changing hosts. If anybody knows of a good one please let me know. Here is the EXACT email I sent him along with his EXACT reply.

MY EMAIL - "Are you planning on having the 'Account Information' section up any time soon? That would help out alot
    with people paying bills"

HIS REPLY - "Dude shut the **** up, I will do things when I ****ing do them. You just send the ****ing money when I send your god damn bill. Go to hell if you do not like it and do not tell me how to run my ****ing business. And I do not care if you go whining to people that your webhost (Flohost) sweared at you. I am getting tired of all of your ****ing whining."

Very professional huh? If you search the rest of the webhostingtalk.com forums you'll see that he 'says' he openly accepts, and likes, constructive criticism. hah. yea right

Thank you all and don't use FloHost
      0 Not allowed!

Imagine that.

Did you search WHT before signing?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Also BTW something funny I dug up in his support forums: http://www.flosupport.net/forums/sho...p?threadid=191
    He's for sure immature, and shouldn't be in this business if he treats his customers like that.
      0 Not allowed!

Never choose a biz who can't read the rules
      0 Not allowed!

17 hours to find a spammer? Hmmm, and who would be so idiotic to send 48000 emails to the email address of their host :/

Also by reading that post, I get the general feeling that his customers must live in the same house or something, as many of them are using the same language. If somebody was constantly using language like that on my forums they would one day find themselves locked out I'm affraid (after due warning, of course )

I do regret the fact he's using the same VB skin as me, somehow makes me feel bad for some strange unknown reason
      0 Not allowed!

It's ok Tazz .
      0 Not allowed!

That is simply amazing. I hope you cancel your account immediately. You can’t even move up the food chain to complain since he’s the “CEO” and owner! I don’t mean to slam all young entrepreneurs out there but this situation goes to show that there is something to be said for the professionalism and maturity of an older person over a 17 year-old. No matter how smart and determined you are (and he must be to have his own business at age 17) the fact remains he is only a teenager and that comes out crystal clear in his emails and post. If that is attitude towards his customers it won’t be long before he doesn’t have any!
      0 Not allowed!

Agreed, although it's not *all* people. I believe splash host ceo is either 17 or 18, and started younger then that I believe am I not correct Alan?, and there are many more examples.
      0 Not allowed!

it is very easy to see that this company is ran by a kid, just from the posts he has made.

But even i know that a 17 year old can run a hosting company with a certin level of professionalism.
    modiphy.com :: Phenomenal Web Design
    modiHost.com :: Affordable Web Hosting

0 Not allowed!

After "retiring" from WHT, Travis has gone into this mode where he thinks he's untouchable. He lives in a small town where he's the only one who's got the brains to work out the computer systems, networks etc. With so many people relying upon him, he thinks the same situation should apply on a global scale.

I've known Travis and his bull**** from the days he run a phpnuke based gaming website (www.gaming-havoc.com), in six months or so he was suddenly running a hosting company and he claimed/boasted regularly to us that he had his own data centre. A quick tracert shows clearly he only has a colocated server.

When myself and Matt (Smidwap.com) didn't offer him support when everyone here at WHT was flaming him (see the thread about EarHost's new management, his reaction was to send IMs to us with obscene messages. I think at the time Matt was wanting to buy a reseller from Flohost, and Travis responded with "**** off, you always ****ing whine all the ****ing time, i'm sick and tired of it"

I hope some day Travis is brought down a peg or two, and with his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if it was sometime soon.
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with FloHost since this past July. There has been only 2 downtimes since I have been with them and each did last over 24 hours but other then that the downtime has been kept to a minimum.

Now I have had some unpleasant experiences with Travis myself on several occasions. I'm not going to argue there is no excuse for his behavior and its even embarrassing to say "I'm with FloHost" when these kind of topics are discussed but he was man enough to contact me back and apologize on each occasion.

The reasons I have stayed with FloHost for so long are because of the great prices and uptime. Travis also has a great support team working for him now that reply to help tickets asap and he seems to be improving the service all the time with extra features.

I honestly would not recommend FloHost to anyone for any reason because of his lack maturity but as far as I'm concerned I'm sticking with FloHost where I pay less for more and don't have any worries about the reliability and stability of my site.
      0 Not allowed!

Teamhead, i've seen your posts on FloHost's support site, and your review was the first one in a long time that just screamed 'honesty'.

FloHost is certainly cheap, so I wouldn't really argue otherwise whether or not people should host there, but I believe firmly that Travis is a egotistical kid, who sometimes doesn't deserve what life has given him. I'm not saying it from a jealous point of view, because I am in awe of the thousands of minors who have started up businesses and operate with a lot more maturity and professionalism. What Travis has accomplished in comparison to them is insignificant,
      0 Not allowed!

Travis has the best intentions. Now, I can't go further than what am I about to say, because I promised to him I wouldn't. He has a few personal problems that may cause him to really act like an a$$hole sometimes, but he can also be a nice person. The problem is, it depends on what time of day you talk to him.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.
      0 Not allowed!

Remember Earhost ? Well, i was one of there clients, and Tim told me, that Flohost was taking over all earhosts clients. So i decided to give them ago. Travis told me that he had refunded $1000's to earhost clients, yet he wouldnt refund me my $50 . Anyways, after about 2 weeks, i wanted to cancel my account with him (which was a free month on trial), so i contacted him, and he cancelled it straight away for me. Then the next day, i asked him for my refund of $50, seeing as he was now owner of ex eh clients, and he made up some crap that, he had stopped because tim was lieing to him. Personally he talks bull. Dont trust him, or the company, and i believe hes 16, not 17.

Just my $0.02
      0 Not allowed!

Im not trying to disrespect him or flohost, but i would rather host my site at http://localhost than him.

Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah.. I remember once, that Travis told me I should "respect" him..

I was like..
      0 Not allowed!

this is crazy... I went to his site and people seem to cheer him on... Hmm.... cursing and going on like he is crazy... in a profession there is no room for that... no matter how tired you are....
      0 Not allowed!

Lol his forum look's like he is Ben Laden with his minion followers .
      0 Not allowed!

I've known travis for a while, he has very good intentions, though he is emotionally unstable, one time he'll give me everything i want, 1 hour later i ask one little question he starts swearing
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LordLardo
    I've known travis for a while, he has very good intentions, though he is emotionally unstable, one time he'll give me everything i want, 1 hour later i ask one little question he starts swearing
    That is exactly what I am saying too. I have to admit, maybe he shouldn't be running a web hosting business, but he has problems that most of us do not encounter.
    Matt De Leon
      0 Not allowed!

I do like the title "go with the flo".... at least it is original... I think it is anyway.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hekwu
    I do like the title "go with the flo".... at least it is original... I think it is anyway.
    Hehe, it is original, but that has little or nothing to do with business. Anyways......
    Matt De Leon
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a spoilt brat.

I am 17, and I sure as hell don't talk like that to my customers. Sure I pull a joke every now and then, but I never use profanities.

To bad I cant say the same for the artist who is being played from my computer at the moment - Eminem
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by faculty
    Sounds like a spoilt brat.
    I'll be the first one to tell you he isn't a spoiled brat.
    Matt De Leon
      0 Not allowed!

It sound's like Travis has teret syndrome or something lol . Reminds me of Dewce Bigalo Male Gigalo
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast