Dedi Servers, but really VPS's

Hey guys, been looking into how providers can provide automated reformat and well today i found out today. They are not really dedi servers, but more super VPS's. The biggest company to do this is 1and1. Another is OVH.

What are your thoughts on this?

Best,
    Nathaniel
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

There are plenty of ways to accomplish this with a dedicated servers. A combination of PXE and DHCP makes this process relatively simple.

Now the process to do this on VPS is vastly easier, but there are plenty of dedicated server providers that offer this service as well.
    ExpressHosting.net - Fast. Reliable. Affordable.
    Shared Hosting | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Cloud | AS53255

Well i was speaking to a person from Parallels and he said the only way he is aware of this is by doing it like this and thats how their software does it.

Best,
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

OVH servers are 100% dedicated (with exception of RPS servers - their have shared NAS hdd).

Automated reformat and reinstall is real simple, and 90% budget providers in Europe do it - you just must use PXE boot feature, to boot dedicated server from special remote server and then some scripts to mount hdds, format it and expand clean system image..

There are many systems that can accomplish this. I have personally used Altiris to automatically deploy multiple servers from a single console. (http://www.symantec.com/business/deployment-solution)

Parallels authors the Virtuozzo VPS software so of course they will tell you that since that is their context.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

I think the guy from Parallels has no clue what he is talking about & Parallels Containers deploys templates not fresh installs.
    unless you mis quoted him

it would not be that hard to implement as posted by expresscolo
    there was some software that did just that provision dedicated servers "NOC Monkey"

MMM & guess what NOC Monkey is owned by Parallels
    http://web.archive.org/web/200702262...key.psoft.net/

Quote Originally Posted by logikstudios View Post
    Hey guys, been looking into how providers can provide automated reformat and well today i found out today. They are not really dedi servers, but more super VPS's. The biggest company to do this is 1and1. Another is OVH.

What are your thoughts on this?

Best,
    Nathaniel
    It's rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by logikstudios View Post
    Well i was speaking to a person from Parallels and he said the only way he is aware of this is by doing it like this and thats how their software does it.
    And the Chevy dealer will tell you that the Chevy is the most reliable, fastest, whatever-you-want-to-hear vehicle he's ever heard of.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.