Which is better to use for a home network.

Netgear
    or
    LinkSys

Our local Staples doesn't give us a very big choice.
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Netgear Netgear! NETGEAR, my brother, a couple friends have Linksys routers and hubs and they suck =)

I'm partial to Netgear, for a reason.

Metal cases, sleek look, and they work exactly how I need them to (Home, Dual DSL Lines) (Office, DSL)
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

NETGEAR Shiny blue boxes rule but seriously nice kit that, i love em and the boxes look cool and a cool box is important.
    --
    Rich

definetly netgear. tried both netgear, linksys, and a few other major brands out. definetly preferred the look of the netgear, but basically they all do the same thing. Software that is included is also a bonus.
    http://www.STX-Hosting.com
    .:: Professional Web-Hosting ::.
    .:: Top Dedicated Support !!! ::.
    .:: [email protected] ::.

Im using a linksys but im not very fond of it. It has many problems. Ive never used netgear but i may try it since you guys say its good. I would say to really try and stay away from linksys.

I use a D-Link wireless router. It was on sale so I decided to try it out. Works great. Not having experience with any others, I don't know how it compares. I like being able to surf the internet on my laptop from anywhere in my house or yard. It's cool.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

oh yeah wireless is great. I thought about getting it but i sold my laptop and theres no point in having it if im only using a computer that stays in one place. But if i get a laptop ever again ill invest in it.

Netgear all the way

I have RT311 router, and 2 DS104 hubs and all 3 piceces of equipment fit nicely in a little shelf on my desk. Once I get the funds I'll use switches instead. I'd like to have a managed switch, but I don't have the funds for that kind of stuff.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

I'm running two LinkSys routers with no problems for almost a year now. But I have installed & used netgear just fine.

Looks like Netgear wins because it looks better...

Thanks guys.
    <?
    ?>

Looks aside, I've been very happy with Netgear.

Not linksys. Bad luck. Bad luck. Bad luck.

LOL why is linksys Bad luck. Bad luck. Bad luck. ?
    <?
    ?>

Install. Uninstall. try again. Uninstall. Install. try again. Switch people. They Install. Uninstall. try again. etc...........Take back. Install. Uninstall. try again. Tech help. (shouldn't need it w/ simple product.) Said to uninstall. Install and try again. Uninstall. Throw in garbage. No more linksys. Happy now.

LOL I actually used a linksys router/hub until last night. I have had to reboot the thing more times than there are snow flakes on Vail Mountain.
    <?
    ?>

netgear

My future network will be soley of Linksys.

Linksys WAP11 Instant Wireless Network Access Point
    Linksys EZXS88W EtherFast® 8-Port 10/100 Switch

I can't wait.

lol...I had D-Link at first, but now have Linksys wireless w/ two laptops and a pc base at my house (cable ISP and ethernet connection modem w/ wireless hub). Only thing I've ever had to do was ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew a couple of times, but could be unrelated to the router.

The blue boxes look nice on my entertainment center in my bedroom .
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

I use Linksys. It's working well. Except for sometimes that the router stops responding, then responds again. It's weird, but for the most part, it's great!
    Kaumil P.