Thread: How about $15?

How about $15?

Hello guys,

I am looking to buy a host and I can spend $15 per month. I will need to host a basic site and I was thinking to buy a reseller package so that I might at least cover my site expenses in case I can sell an account.

How much can I get for 15$ in a very reliable host (not a new company)? can you help me?

I need decent support and bandwidth above all at my host provider.

thnx so much!!

Have you tried looking in the Resellers Hosting Offers forum?
    HJI Technologies, LLC - A New Uncompromising Experience, Since 2014
    Shared Hosting | Resellers Hosting | VPS Hosting
    Add Incredible Value to YOUR Business | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee*
    Get Started Today! | Sales: (806) 724-8004

yes I did, but many offers are new starting up companies. As you guys are in this business, I simply need to know what is offered in resellers markets (I mean solid resellers) for 15$?

I suppose smth. like 15 gb bandwidth, 20 gb space, etc..

Some of the hosts with a decent reputation give you something like 5Gb of space and 100GB of data transfer for that price. Some give more. Others give significantly less.

Generally speaking, the "less" you get, the fewer accounts the host must put on the server, the higher grade the hardware and the fewer corners must be cut.

I will need to host a basic site and I was thinking to buy a reseller package
    Do you really want to be a host for a few bucks? Just because you buy yourself a car, you don't also start taxiing people part time.

$15 a month is an average price for a decent reseller plan if you're only looking to host your own site plus a few others to cover expenses.

Any specific requirements in terms of disk space and bandwidth though?

Quote Originally Posted by fm78 View Post
    yes I did, but many offers are new starting up companies. As you guys are in this business, I simply need to know what is offered in resellers markets (I mean solid resellers) for 15$?

expect to pay about $1-$2 per GB of space for resellers. So for about $15/mo you can get around 10-15gb of space along with 50-100gb of bandwidth without buying anything oversold.

check the reseller offers section again, there are a lot of legit companies - ask them questions and see how they handle you, just because they are new, doesn't mean they aren't good all companies have to start somewhere.

Finding a reliable reseller hosting for $15/month is hard. If you can increase your budget little more when I recommend Surpasshosting.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

If you are only looking for that little space and bandwidth then you should not have any problem finding a host. Many offer much more than that.

Thnx for all your replies. After some search, I have this final question:

Is it within the market price to have 15gb, 200 gb bandwidth for $15/month in a reputable host? I am not talking about a starting up company's offer.

thnx guys...

Check out hawk host, they do 150Gb bandwidth within your price range (with their current special), might be worth shooting off an email and seeing if they can help you out...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...highlight=hawk

Quote Originally Posted by grahamrb View Post
    Check out hawk host, they do 150Gb bandwidth within your price range (with their current special), might be worth shooting off an email and seeing if they can help you out...

Is the coupon they are advertising give you 25% off forever or just for the first month?

Where are you getting the 15GB figure from? Do you really need that much space starting out? As long as you can upgrade I would suggest starting with either a smaller size or a bigger budget.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Thnx for all your replies. After some search, I have this final question:

Is it within the market price to have 15gb, 200 gb bandwidth for $15/month in a reputable host? I am not talking about a starting up company's offer.

thnx guys...
    No it isn't. Either lower your resources or lower your expectations to a less reputable host.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamrb View Post

According to HawkHost.com's live chat, it's recurring (every month), not only the first month.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Look around you will find something man!
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    According to HawkHost.com's live chat, it's recurring (every month), not only the first month.
    That is correct it's a recurring coupon. We're just in a giving mood to offer such a deal.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

You should check innohosting.com . for 17$ they are providing free billing and enduser support

I second surpasshosting.com. I had a reseller with them before getting servers. Great support, and quick as well. You'll have to increase your budget, but, it's well worth it.

And don't shun start ups. A lot of times they are willing to go the extra mile to help you out. To the larger hosts you are going to be just another number for them to gain income from. Also, with Surpass you get WHMCS free.

A reputable host might cost you a bit more than $15.00. If you contact the host they may be able to offer you a discount coupon.

Most offer a MBG so you can try them out without risk. Best of luck in your search to find the host which is best for you.
    Surpass / Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedi
    Hosting and helping you since 2002
    http://surpasshosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by HostLonestar-Randy View Post
    I second surpasshosting.com. I had a reseller with them before getting servers. Great support, and quick as well. You'll have to increase your budget, but, it's well worth it.

And don't shun start ups. A lot of times they are willing to go the extra mile to help you out. To the larger hosts you are going to be just another number for them to gain income from. Also, with Surpass you get WHMCS free.
    surpass is a huge host. part of hostdime but there still great. its 20 dollars for there first plan but with any other host you would have to pay 40 for the same resources. I do admit some servers do have some issues but just send a ticket and they fix it almost instantly and can move you to a new server for free
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.