Question Windows 2000, SQL dedicated server with maximum bandwidth and reliability

I wanna have a dedicated server. Min configuration is p-4 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 2*80GB IDE, 300GB, W2k, SQL 1 processor. What are the options for me?

What options are you looking for?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Thumbs down JUST 10gb

Hey just 10 GB transfer, what I am gonna do with that. Also no P4 available and limited customisability. Need rock solid server with half of TB traffic. Not a baby. Let me know if the 10 GB transfer is daily.

Funny, those specs are almost the same I needed for my network of websites. I choose FastServers.net after quit some research and have about the machine you mentioned but with a lighter CPU (but the option to plug in a second one). Untill now they have been very satisfying when it comes to service and performance. Check their website, offerings and their rep on this board.

lol would be an interesting way of quoting bandwidth, 10 GB per hour have you considered colo, might be a viable alternative for you, build your own primo server just how you want and just buy 500 GB of bandwidth.
    --
    Rich

Hey just 10 GB transfer, what I am gonna do with that. Also no P4 available and limited customisability. Need rock solid server with half of TB traffic. Not a baby. Let me know if the 10 GB transfer is daily
    What are you talking about? Did I miss something?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

server

Watch the P4 Processors, it is my understanding that they do not perform as well. The Old reliable PIIIs or Xeons are the best. Of course, that is my opinion.

Springer
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-02-2002 at 02:15 PM.