Hybrid View

* You are a stinking, rotten patent violator!

I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I beleive this would be much like the patent on the smilie face and the hyper link

It's like having the patent on a pipe that transports water. A hollow tube wherein substances and gases are transmitted (Flow) along a predetermined path.

It just doesn't make sense.

The ability for someone to describe what is technically common in a particular part of our world able to be patented just means "The first person to take the time", no real innovation, no real "Work" or "Resources" put out to develop the idea.

Just a "I said it first argument!"

pft!
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Why does the government allow such stupid patents? I mean its all a trick to get "money".

this is rediculous, why did FTD even settle, damn some people

I really feel for those companies named in the law suits... 'wrong place in the wrong time' . Even thought they will probably win, they still have to shell out some cash to defend themselves...

This reminds me of the company that claimed to have a patent on the hyperlink about a year ago... what ever happened to them anyway?

mpope,

i mugged the ceo and now hold the patent. any offers?
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Another one to check out. As TechTV/ScreenSavers calls it . . .

SCUM ALERT

Trouble is, this stuff is serious.

yjack

a lawfirm i did some work for had a guy from puerto rico trying to take a patent out on banners/popups in browsers in russia and the former soviet republics. he couldnt pay for the proceedings, but the patent was almost granted.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Well even if the patent is allowed to be registered on something like an e-commerce product or process....it would fall apart at the first challenge.

If it WAS theirs it has fallen into common use.

(Technically ASPIRIN was a brand name of a certain version of a painkiller...but the name was never defended and fell into common usage. SO anyone can use "asprin" to describe their brand of acetylsalicylic acid painkiller.)

Bayer had to surrender the trademark aspirin to the US, France, England, and Russia as part of war reparations agreed to in the Treaty of Versailles follwing WWI. In those countries, aspirin is a generic name. But in countries like Canda, Bayer still owns the trademark Aspirin, and no one else can call their acetylsalicylic acid Aspirin.

Patent violations

This is indeed very serious. With recent changes in Patent law, any company using the Internet for business is fair game.

It's not only the Divine outfit, it has spread. If you're concerned about your clients' businesses (and your own) have a good look at http://youmaybenext.com and help fight this predatory action.

Acc to http://www.cblawfirm.com/?wpage=32&aid=31 (watch wrap) it's all legal until it's successfully fought in the courts, and that will take resources. Pls get on the bandwagon. We all have a stake in this!

I have to agree with this post. After reading the patent and complaint. Nothing mentions SSL`s

http://www.youmaybenext.com/ikb/cgi-...ct=ST;f=2;t=70

Thoughts?

This IS very important. I urge you ALL to visit http://youmaybenext.com/ and participate.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

BT (british telecom) was the one trying to claim a hyperlinking patent. Problem was how they defined it, the judge threw out almost all their claims in the pre-trial definition phase. So they knew they had a lost cause and ran away. The wealth of prior art didn't help their case either.

Chet

too many lawyers in this country...

there are currently more lawyers in school then are practicing at this moment. We must cap, then reduce the number of lawyers!!!

...just a little humor, don't sue me...
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.