hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Random House?

Forum Jump

Random House?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Random House?

Has anyone ever heard of Random House hosting? Know anyone that is using them? Reviews?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Community Liaison 2.0

What's their website address?

A serial entrepreneur is someone who effectively manages startups within their means to manage them, not someone who runs 30 different business ideas at once hoping one works. If I wanted to hire someone to throw things at a wall to see what sticks, I'd hire a two year old.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM

randomhouse.biz

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Web Hosting Master

Never, ever heard of them. Best to do a Google search in all honesty.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Yea their on the net.

Technology Services

It is the goal of Random House Technology Services to professionally manage and operate infrastructure services in a manner that delivers the greatest value to our partners. We constantly strive to improve the consistency and reliability of the IT infrastructure by upgrading and standardizing proven technologies.

Our service management approach is focused on the four key principles below:

* Requirements Gathering - Dedicated project and account managers to facilitate open communication.
* Change Control - We rely on a formal change management process to mitigate the possibility of a disruption to the production environment.
* Problem Determination - Through the use of automated monitoring and Remedy for problem tracking, in the event that a problem does arise you can rest assured that our Command Center is fully aware of the situation and working diligently on a resolution.
* Escalation - Our formal escalation process guarantees that any issue is tracked and communicated to our partners in a timely manner.

Our staff of over 200 dedicated IT professional will provide you with a managed hosting solution that is second to none.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Community Liaison 2.0

I'm not sure what a book publisher is doing in the hosting business, but randomhouse.biz is connected to randomhouse.com. It's strange I couldn't find the former in any Google search, despite a 2002 domain registration.

A serial entrepreneur is someone who effectively manages startups within their means to manage them, not someone who runs 30 different business ideas at once hoping one works. If I wanted to hire someone to throw things at a wall to see what sticks, I'd hire a two year old.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

I did a yahoo search bunch of stuff on there.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
I'm not sure what a book publisher is doing in the hosting business, but randomhouse.biz is connected to randomhouse.com. It's strange I couldn't find the former in any Google search, despite a 2002 domain registration.
I am glad I am not the only one that found it rather odd for Random House to be in the web hosting business.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
WHT Addict

Good publisher. They publish a lot of stuff from human rights organizations and academia.

Hosting? Iunno

Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Maybe they are just getting in on the act.

You Can Live Chat With Me NOW If I Am Online At WHT - Only IE Compatible

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
The WHIR returns to Pravda Vodka House in Toronto for Networking Event Blog 2014-04-16 16:41:32
House Passes CISPA in 288-127 Vote Web Hosting News 2013-04-19 16:42:06
House Intelligence Committee Hopes to Revive Original CISPA Web Hosting News 2013-02-11 17:38:54
Green House Data Expands Cloud Hosting Service into New Jersey Web Hosting News 2012-12-13 11:16:47
FireHost Report Shows SQL Injections Up 69 Percent Over Q1 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-24 16:48:13