Thread: Unblocking IP

Unblocking IP

Hello,

I have a dedicated server, one of my customers trying to sent spam and I suspended his account.

but my ip blocked on internet and my customers cannot send their emails, how can I unblocking my server IP ?

What you're referring to is your email server IP address being blocked by remote email servers using Blocking Lists such as CBL,

You will have to apply for delisting of your email server IP address using the information you receive in the bounce back from the remote email servers.

In some cases, you will not find a URL/web link for delisting. In that case, the issue is usually resolved automatically after the blocking list database removes your IP in a period of 24 - 72 hours.

Which MTA are you using btw ? In Exim you can also change the outgoing interface IP address so that all emails route through that IP. The IP address of the email server needs to have a rDNS(Reverse DNS) set.

Do a spamhaus lookup for you IP and request them to unblock.
    http://www.spamhaus.org/.

Also maintain the following for you mail servers 1) SPF record 2) Proper reverse DNS 3) Submit mail sending request with you list of IP address to MSM/hotmail , AOL etc.
    Premium Hosting with Disaster Recovery, Enterprise mail and Video hosting
    Hexahost
    http://hexahost.com
    Hosting Simplified

Quote Originally Posted by eth1 View Post
    What you're referring to is your email server IP address being blocked by remote email servers using Blocking Lists such as CBL,

You will have to apply for delisting of your email server IP address using the information you receive in the bounce back from the remote email servers.

In some cases, you will not find a URL/web link for delisting. In that case, the issue is usually resolved automatically after the blocking list database removes your IP in a period of 24 - 72 hours.

Which MTA are you using btw ? In Exim you can also change the outgoing interface IP address so that all emails route through that IP. The IP address of the email server needs to have a rDNS(Reverse DNS) set.
    Thanks for reply,

I use Qmail, can I change IP on this mail server too ?
    I checked my IP on cbl.abuseat.org , in this site said :
    IP Address x.x.x.x is not currently listed in the CBL.

what should I do now ?

Quote Originally Posted by hexahost View Post
    Do a spamhaus lookup for you IP and request them to unblock.
    http://www.spamhaus.org/.

Also maintain the following for you mail servers 1) SPF record 2) Proper reverse DNS 3) Submit mail sending request with you list of IP address to MSM/hotmail , AOL etc.
    thanks for your reply,

I checked my ip in spamhaus.org but in this site said :
    x.x.x.x is not listed in the SBL
    x.x.x.x is not listed in the PBL
    x.x.x.x is not listed in the XBL

Then you mail server is not bloked by spamhaus

Check with your DC / ISP to make a reverse dns entry for you. this is the first requirement for you. Then SPF..
    Premium Hosting with Disaster Recovery, Enterprise mail and Video hosting
    Hexahost
    http://hexahost.com
    Hosting Simplified

Quote Originally Posted by hexahost View Post
    Then you mail server is not bloked by spamhaus

Check with your DC / ISP to make a reverse dns entry for you. this is the first requirement for you. Then SPF..
    how can I define SPF on PLESK ?