Creating New Business

I just open my own web hosting business and have only 1 customer so far. They sign up but did not upload a site yet, its been a couple of days? But I am lloking for the most cost effective way to get new clients. any suggestions?

I just checked out the website listed in your public profile and I noticed that you have 3 customer reviews on your site?

Not that anyone else knows but how can you have three reviews with only one customer?

On a more positive note I do like the site. I like the pricing structure, doesn't seem like your going unlimited like most startups. I would recommend investing in perhaps some SEO and submitting your website to top Web Hosting Directories. Good SEO goes along way with any industry and is most likely the most cost effective way to drive additional traffic to your site.

Regards,

Yes you are right about the reviews. They were in the template when i downloaded it. We will change that asap. Thank You

Another quick and easy way to drive some traffic and possible sales is to try and sponsor a mid sized website as a free service. Offer them a free web hosting package in return for some text or graphic ads on their website. If you are not using the resources on your dedicated server why not sponsor some smaller sites to help drive business?

You could give some multi-level referral program.
    A -> B -> C
    A receives commissions for referrals of C!
    The program should be for existing clients or affiliates.
    It could be with points or money.
    Using both one should be able to pay for your service(s).

Maybe try helping your first client out by sending out a "standard" email that you can say you send to all clients after one week or so. Ask them if they need any assistance, as maybe they can't figure out how to upload their site. Try to provide the highest quality of service possible and they might reciprocate by either telling their friends or posting a positive review on a site like WHT.

People have said things about SEO, which is fine and good, but you're really not offering up anything special and I doubt you will ever be that high in page rankings compared to established companies that have been around for years. I'd say word of mouth is your best bet to start.

Feed Back

Thanks guys for the feedback. I just lost my job and starting out this buisness is frustrating. I think my offers are great deals. If I new someone who would like to give me some free ads or traffic for free hosting, I would not refuse no one but adult sites and proxies.

It's doubtful that anyone will tell you the most effective way to bring in hosting clients. Simply because they would be telling you the most effective way to compete with them. If you're looking for the most effective way you need to do a great deal of testing and be sure to keep track of all your results.

If you're not advertising, then you are already at a big disadvantage to your competitors.
    ...john2k...

Check to make sure that client is not sending spam from your server

That would not be a good thing lol. First client and he gets your IP blacklisted.

We send 2 welcome emails to all new customers. One from the billing tech, and one from me personally. They are not automatically generated and they are actually hand typed. There is a basic template we use that is a predefined response in WHMCS, but, we also add in some personal things as well. The canned message is the things we want everyone to know about, check the announcements section at elast every week or 2, where its located, how to open a ticket, where the knowledgebase is, etc.

For locals they are calls not emails, as they are given our phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by caredding View Post
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I just lost my job and starting out this buisness is frustrating. I think my offers are great deals. If I new someone who would like to give me some free ads or traffic for free hosting, I would not refuse no one but adult sites and proxies.
    One thing I noticed about your site is that even though your bandwidth amounts are pretty fair, and 99% of customers won't use that much anyways, to potential clients they might look unfair considering lots of hosts offer 22243789147GB bandwidth, knowing full well that they will never deliver.

Just a thought.

My suggestion is to get rid of the Live Support unless you're actually going to be online with it the majority of the day. That's very deterring to customers otherwise.

And I noticed you said you're doing this after just losing your job. Do you have another form of income or are you attempting to rely on this web hosting company to pay bills? I would advise against that as it can take some people many months to begin to even break even.

You have a resource that you could have developed a personal relationship from your former co-workers. I would have contacted them and told them about your hosting services and if they could give you a word of mouth referral to others. Be sure to give them a great deal and they might just bite! Good Luck
    Turbo Charged Shoutcast Hosting!
    Turbo Host USA

Thanks Guys for the suggestions. I would give away hosting in exchange for links or ad space.

Quote Originally Posted by caredding View Post
    Thanks Guys for the suggestions. I would give away hosting in exchange for links or ad space.
    Maybe try posting an offer in the "Related offers" section

Good luck to you.

I doubt anyone would seriously give you enough tangible answers to your question -- when they themselves can be using that advice for their benefit.

No luck being a newbie and all. Please pm me if someone is interested.

Walk door to door and ask for their buisness. Sell yourself and not just the business.

It's important that you leave a great impression on people. If you don't capture someones attention in 5 seconds, your done. Move on to the next person and try again.
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice