MyCorporation.com Review

This is not an advertisement at all, but I just used MyCorporation.com to get our For Profit Corporation setup and it was the easiest thing I have ever done. It went off without a hitch. So if your looking to get incorporated check them out.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Complete junk service. They charge you for what you can very easily do yourself. I would not recommend at all.
    Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

Well it is a huge time saver. You couldn't do it for yourself in 12 days (thats not even business days).

And remember ... time is money.

Honestly you should let a lawyer do it. If you don't have the $500 - $2000 to pay, then you shouldn't go into business in the first place.

You could do it yourself very easily and it would only take a few short hours... Mycorp is just a very poorly run secretarial service... complete waste of money...

Joe
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

Have you used them before? Just curious how you know its poorly run?

Thanks
    Zach

Originally posted by KIAHost
    Well it is a huge time saver. You couldn't do it for yourself in 12 days (thats not even business days).
    Huh? Of course you could. All incorporation takes in most US states is filing one short form with six or eight questions. Then you need an EIN, which you can get with one phone call to the IRS.

Granted, someone might not want to bother with it and so might be happy paying someone like mycorporation.com to do it, and I'd certainly understand that. But my point is that they aren't pulling off any magical feats in getting it done in 12 days.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

All I know is they are very professional and well organized. They kept me informed every step of the way and there is always a PERSON that answers the phone, never an answering machine.

And we actualy only payed $315 dollars to have them do it, provide us with custom shares, write our corporate bylaws. I think it was well worth the money.

I used them before and they are horrible.

Corporate bylaws and statements are generic and as simple as "our goal is to provide business in any matter that is legal in the state of xxxxxx"....

It is incredibly simple...

I would suggest using a real lawyer and getting it done right. If you plan on just reselling rackshack boxes as a hobby or something to do in whatever spare time you may have, a cookie cutter corporation setup may work however if you want to run a real company I wouldn't cut corners on a few things... legal paperwork, hardware etc. included.

-Brendan

I incorporated myself by filling in a simple form obtained online through my state's Secretary of State's office. Cost only the state's $200 fee and was completed in less than 12 days.

However, in regards to,

"our goal is to provide business in any matter that is legal in the state of xxxxxx"....
    I believe this is basic, time-tested business advice. The idea is that your business may evolve over time and branch out into other activities. Making this as broad as possible saves you future headaches.

In fact, the form from my state has this pre-filled under "purpose":

The purpose for which the company is organized is for the transaction of any and all lawful business for which limited liability companies may be organized.

Agreed, why would you want to get too specific in stating your purpose?