Thread: WorldCom

WorldCom

Any comments about WorldCom.Com

Do they provide hosting servers? How are their services, support and pricing?

Any experiance?

Thankyou
    VIKTOR

Re: WorldCom

Originally posted by viktor
    Any comments about WorldCom.Com

Do they provide hosting servers?
    Thankyou
    VIKTOR
    So You are asking question and don't know what the company offers?

Does hotmail.com offer free email accounts?

As far as I know WorldCom does not provide hosting scvs..
    Have you Floble'd today?

Moomy why the water is wet ?

Re: Re: WorldCom

Originally posted by VIPsNet

So You are asking question and don't know what the company offers?
    YES, I do not know, that's why only asking!

Still has not get the answer.

VIKTOR

Well it depends what country you are from?

If you give us some info i will be able to look up on there site and be able to see exactly what they offer.

Kind regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

yes, worldcom offers hosting services

good choice! why use a company that might exist a couple months down the road? pfft, everyone sign up with the bankrupt ones!
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Originally posted by rusko
    good choice! why use a company that might exist a couple months down the road? pfft, everyone sign up with the bankrupt ones!
    Mommy, should i file for chapter 11 just to get new clients?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

If you are thinking about going with Worldcom, be prepared to spend some bucks!

Worldcom does provide colocation, and managed colocation.

Worldcom is not going out of business any time soon. The government just won't allow it. Think about how critical Worldcom is to everyone's day to day life. Most of the Government's network runs on its backbone, 1/3 of the internet traffic travels its network. Most of the largest businesses in the world use Worldcom's network.

I had a server colocated in Worldcom's Virginia NOC. It was a great expirence and I wish I still had a server there. Tech Support was fast an efficent and speeds were absolutely amazing. The only problem is the price, Worldcom is not cheap.

Also, to the person that said you should not buy from chapter 11 companies. I guess that means no one should buy services from:

Qwest
    Worldcom
    Adelphia
    Williams (they just got out)
    XO

I see alot of top bandwidth players in there. For those of you who didn't know the worldcom backone hosts 40 percent of internet traffic and 70 percent of email traffic.

Originally posted by rusko
    Are you kidding?
    Filing Chapter 11 has ensured that they will be around.They are going to come out of this virtually debt free.
    Not to mention the fact that 70% of the US Government relies on their backbone.
    Or that the NASDAQ uses them exclusively.
    WorldCom is who I get my bandwidth from, and its who provides the datacenters that we have cages in.
    I have nothing but praise for the level of service, and the quality of the connection.
    If you would like to know details about hosting with them, I will gladly put you in touch with my Account Rep to discuss what you need Viktor.
    Hope this helps even a little.
    Regards,
    James Shomaker
    CEO
    XGamer Networks, Inc.

Originally posted by dk2
    For those of you who didn't know the worldcom backone hosts 40 percent of internet traffic and 70 percent of email traffic.
    As well as the US State Dept.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Originally posted by dk2
    Williams (they just got out)
    Williams? You mean WilTel...

They changed their name back to WilTel (Visit http://wcg.com and watch the flash introduction...)

Thumbs up Excellent

We use UUNET and they are nothing but excellent

Re: Excellent

Originally posted by daff
    We use UUNET and they are nothing but excellent
    I second and third that.

I fourth it.
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.

UUNET is a WorldCom company

they offer shared BSD hosting (400$ monthly), dedicated BSD hosting ($2000/mo), NT shared/dedicated hosting.. Solaris hosting, database hosting etcetc... And of course, they have HIGH pricing and set-up fees....

they also offer colo for $1300 full cabinet, standard cabinet $900, half-cabinet 500$ (Atlanta, Ga.; New York, N.Y.; Washington, D.C.; San Jose, Calif.; Dallas and Houston, Texas )

list prices of course..

We use UUNet as well as part of our BGP4 routed providers in The Planet's data center (yep it's a WorldCom company, I think that's why it was brought up), and I fifth that. Pings are extremely low, and so far that route has had 100% uptime.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Thumbs down NOT!

The percentages quoted earlier (UUnet/Worldcom carrying 40% or the Internet's traffic and 70% of email) is incredibly OVER inflated.

WCOM execs have been tossing out this figure based on a study done several YEARS ago. A more modern and accurate measure shows that traffic is now mostly spread out evenly among the "Big 7" providers (UUnet, Sprint, Cable&Wireless, Qwest, Level(3), Genuity, AT&T).

UUnet's network outages that occured approx. two weeks ago had very little impact on the Internet as a whole. If WCOM/UUnet were to disappear tomorrow (highly unlikely), the Internet would be largely unaffected and the planet will keep on spinning!

UUnet is still a good network but it isn't the shining example that it once was. Service and performance have declined ever since it was absorbed into the WorldCom collective. The massive lay-offs at WCOM probably won't do much to improve QoS.

If you want UUnet wait till after the bankruptcy. After they dump that massive debt you'll see a huge price decrease.

Btw, another Bankrupt player to watch is Global Crossing. They are emerging from bankruptcy soon and already selling dirt cheap.
    Last edited by Dragoon; 11-03-2002 at 03:48 PM.

Originally posted by dk2

For those of you who didn't know the worldcom backone hosts 40 percent of internet traffic and 70 percent of email traffic.
    That's because Worldcom doesn't boot their spammers. A lot of that email is spam.

If you're going to go with them, specify that you want your assigned IP's in advance so you can check to see if they're in any spam blocking lists. They just put the College Board (the people who do the SAT's, etc.) in blocked space that they *knew* was blocked, and which has been blocked for a long time due to a nearby spammer. You might also want to specify that getting your IP's listed in a blocklist through no fault of your own is grounds for termination of contract. They host so many spammers (and refuse to boot them) that a lot of their IP space is poisoned. As spammers are getting pushed off of other networks, they are going to UUNet, because they know they won't get booted.