hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : WiredTree - a fraud ?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

WiredTree - a fraud ?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

WiredTree - a fraud ?

like a month ago i got a vps from wiredtree and i wanted to cancel so i submitted a form stating that i want to cancel but they didn't agree and said that i must pay for the next month invoice ! and that it was stated in the tos and i told them that i won't be able to pay that's too strange that even why i wanted to cancel how you ask me to pay for some thing just i won't use and don't even want it and they told me if i don't pay they will suspend me so i told them it's ok suspend me i don't want it, but they kept sending me invoices first a 10$ late fee and then a new invoice for the 3 rd month ! i stopped using their vps from the first month, what can i do now ?

Sponsored Links
Old
Corporate Member

Did you
-cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
-did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
-do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.

Quote:
Account Cancellation

Client must submit service cancellations by opening a ticket through our client portal at least 7 days but not more than 30 days before the end of the service's billing cycle. Cancellation requests are not accepted through phone, email, fax, or any other method besides through opening a ticket through our client portal. You must have all account information to cancel an account. Only the authorized account holder may cancel the account.
In the event of cancellation, customer will automatically be billed for any excess bandwidth usage during the then-current monthly billing cycle.

Source:http://www.wiredtree.com/legal/tos.php

Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
Did you
-cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
-did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
-do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.
I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.

Sponsored Links
Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleash View Post
I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.
So the problem here lies in that you did not pay your bills before cancelling right? It is your fault then.

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
It is your fault then.
I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.
But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?

Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?
3 days before the due date

Mobile Mechanic Darwin

IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
3 days before the due date
If thats the case, shouldn't WiredTree sent their invoice earlier or lower the cancellation pre-notification duration? I sure hope to hear Zac's opinions on this.

Old
Web Hosting Master

@Abu Mami - spam trolling - (as usually) reported for insultive offtopic personally related remarks.
@Unleash - it's nothing wrong with your english. We understand you and that's only matters.

So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle, canceled hosting some day later and they want from you to pay it anyway? In case that you really requested cancelation through support ticket 7 days before the end of the service's billing cycle it's obviously their mistake.

Last edited by Spirit; 04-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by testnick View Post
So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle
NO - lets say 3 days, because they are the facts.

Mobile Mechanic Darwin

IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

For me, never had a problem with Wiredtree.

OP as 2 posts, for this thread only. Not very credible to me.

Pretty strange that ccording to OP, Wiredtree as already sent 3 monthly invoices, while as he said, he is supposed to be in is 2 months of service. Something doesnt add up.

The 10$ late fee is in their tos. Seems to be another case of user who didnt read the tos before ordering.

If this is a real case, hope Zac clarify things.

cPanel | Softaculous

Old
Web Hosting Master

No, we're definitely not a fraud.

Unlesh, please email me the ticket ID so I can look into it.

We do have a 7 day cancellation policy like LaptopFreak posted in our TOS. Invoices are sent out 7 days in advance for most of our clients, however, there are some clients who have been with us for a long time who get invoices 3 days in advance because that is what we originally did.

zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Old
SEO Extraordinaire

If you fail to follow the procedures to which you agreed to, who's the fraud in this case? Certainly not Wiredtree.

Old
Web Hosting Master

He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

There is definitely no fraud whatsoever on our part.

zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredTree Zac View Post
He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

There is definitely no fraud whatsoever on our part.
good to hear I trust ya.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WiredTree Listing 2014-10-22 09:46:17
WiredTree Listing 2014-10-22 09:46:16
WiredTree Listing 2014-10-22 09:46:15
WiredTree Listing 2014-10-22 09:46:11
WiredTree Listing 2014-10-22 09:46:12