Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
  1. #1

    WiredTree - a fraud ?

    like a month ago i got a vps from wiredtree and i wanted to cancel so i submitted a form stating that i want to cancel but they didn't agree and said that i must pay for the next month invoice ! and that it was stated in the tos and i told them that i won't be able to pay that's too strange that even why i wanted to cancel how you ask me to pay for some thing just i won't use and don't even want it and they told me if i don't pay they will suspend me so i told them it's ok suspend me i don't want it, but they kept sending me invoices first a 10$ late fee and then a new invoice for the 3 rd month ! i stopped using their vps from the first month, what can i do now ?
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,480
    Did you
    -cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
    -did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
    -do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

    If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.

    Account Cancellation

    Client must submit service cancellations by opening a ticket through our client portal at least 7 days but not more than 30 days before the end of the service's billing cycle. Cancellation requests are not accepted through phone, email, fax, or any other method besides through opening a ticket through our client portal. You must have all account information to cancel an account. Only the authorized account holder may cancel the account.
    In the event of cancellation, customer will automatically be billed for any excess bandwidth usage during the then-current monthly billing cycle.


    Source:http://www.wiredtree.com/legal/tos.php
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States, United Kingdom & Singapore
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
    Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Did you
    -cancel your account 7 days before the next billing cycle? or
    -did not cancel through opening a ticket at their client portal or
    -do not have all account information (not being the authorized user)

    If not, I don't see the reason why they do not agree with the cancellation of your account.
    I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleash View Post
    I canceled more than 7 days from the next billing cycle and through opening a ticket and iam an authorized user but they said that any open invoices must be paid before canceling and they opened a new invoice way too soon.
    So the problem here lies in that you did not pay your bills before cancelling right? It is your fault then.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States, United Kingdom & Singapore
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
    Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    It is your fault then.
    I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,480
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I thought so too, but rereading the OP's statement changed my mind about it a bit. If invoices are generated early, then the 7 days requirement makes no real sense, and only serves to confuse the customer with regard to cancellation scheduling.
    But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States, United Kingdom & Singapore
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
    Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    But then, when does WiredTree issue the invoice?
    3 days before the due date
    Graham Craig

    Mobile Mechanic Darwin

    IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,480
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    3 days before the due date
    If thats the case, shouldn't WiredTree sent their invoice earlier or lower the cancellation pre-notification duration? I sure hope to hear Zac's opinions on this.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States, United Kingdom & Singapore
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
    Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    @Abu Mami - spam trolling - (as usually) reported for insultive offtopic personally related remarks.
    @Unleash - it's nothing wrong with your english. We understand you and that's only matters.

    So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle, canceled hosting some day later and they want from you to pay it anyway? In case that you really requested cancelation through support ticket 7 days before the end of the service's billing cycle it's obviously their mistake.
    Last edited by Spirit; 04-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by testnick View Post
    So, you got invoice in lets say 10 days before new billing cycle
    NO - lets say 3 days, because they are the facts.
    Graham Craig

    Mobile Mechanic Darwin

    IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    324
    For me, never had a problem with Wiredtree.

    OP as 2 posts, for this thread only. Not very credible to me.

    Pretty strange that ccording to OP, Wiredtree as already sent 3 monthly invoices, while as he said, he is supposed to be in is 2 months of service. Something doesnt add up.

    The 10$ late fee is in their tos. Seems to be another case of user who didnt read the tos before ordering.

    If this is a real case, hope Zac clarify things.
    8wires Hosting
    Quality Web Hosting made simple
    8wires blog
    cPanel | Softaculous
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    644
    No, we're definitely not a fraud.

    Unlesh, please email me the ticket ID so I can look into it.

    We do have a 7 day cancellation policy like LaptopFreak posted in our TOS. Invoices are sent out 7 days in advance for most of our clients, however, there are some clients who have been with us for a long time who get invoices 3 days in advance because that is what we originally did.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | New: Pure SSD RAID-10 Fully Managed VPS
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL, USA
    Posts
    764
    If you fail to follow the procedures to which you agreed to, who's the fraud in this case? Certainly not Wiredtree.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    644
    He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

    He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

    There is definitely no fraud whatsoever on our part.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | New: Pure SSD RAID-10 Fully Managed VPS
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    zac @ wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredTree Zac View Post
    He did not email me his ticket ID, but he did tell our billing department he posted on WHT, so I was able to review the ticket. I just wanted to clarify what happened.

    He did get an invoice 7 days in advance of his renewal date, he put in a cancellation request 2 days before his renewal date, which is not the 7 days notice we require and is clearly stated in the TOS. He got angry with us after being informed of that and then admitted in the ticket that he did not ever even read the TOS. The reason he got the late fee is that he refused to pay the invoice and then his account was automatically suspended later and a late fee was added.

    There is definitely no fraud whatsoever on our part.
    good to hear I trust ya.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •