Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My nightmare with corehoster.com...

Just something to share...

I signup with corehoster on 7 Apr 2009 and nightmare started immediately...

support will only reply to tickets starting 9pm (Singapore time) til early morning (Singapore time +8)... this is what the support tell me....

ME: I sent this reply like 7 hours ago, is this normal to get a reply for support this long?

Core: Tickets usually get answered within 30mins- 1hr.
    The reason for the long wait is because we had a Ex-Client harassing bot myself and my staff so i gave everyone the night off

ME: Sounds extremely scary duh... Is there a policy that your support staff can go on leave anytime? Its worrying....

Core: Nothing scary about it, i was here all night. I just did not get to you ticket until now.

ME: That sounds equally bad duh... I'm alittle afraid now... the money back guarantee is 7 dayz right??

core: Hello,
    1. Yes we have a 7 day money back guarantee, but not on discounted offers.
    2. You do not need to worry about anything, there will always be someone online to help clients when need. We also have our 24/7 livehat back online. The 24/7 chat support was offline for the past few days due to the attack we had.

ME: Can I terminate my service now and get a refund? Unfortunately I don't feel very comfortable.

core: 1. Sorry but it looks like you have a discounted services and we do not provide refunds for discounted services.
    2. So far what i see is that you would like to cancel you services because you do not wish to move your accounts by yourself?
    I see no reason as to why you would not feel comfortable using our services considering it has not even been 24hrs

ME: I'm not comfortable because...
    1. Support staff can be on break with no backups
    2. Support tickets takes more than 7 hours to be replied.
    3. Nothing scary about it, i was here all night. I just did not get to you ticket until now.
    I hope I can get a refund...

core: 1. As stated before, there is always staff online to help our clients, so for you to say otherwise is incorrect.
    2. You have only ever opened up 1 support ticket and it just so happend to be when we only had 1 staff online.
    3. I was also here all night and as you may know it has been along 4 days.

ME: I wanna keep this small... I hope you can keep your 7 dayz money back promise just for me and i'll try your service for this 7 dayz. If there is not issue i'll keep my service on and you have my word. I'll just take today issue as small hick ups for a new start up.
    Wad you say?

Core: 1. I am sorry but as stated before we do not offer 7 day money back guarantee on discounted offers, we have been in business for 8 months now and sence Nov - 2008 we have not offered guarantees on any discounted service as it is to easy for someone to come and abuse the server and then expect a refund.

2. I think you will be very happy with our services. I am sorry it took 7hrs to answer your first ticket and i am sure that it did not show a good first impression.

Please note we have 24/7 live chat staff who can help you solve your issues at anytime.

ME: Ok, I hope I don't see this problem in the future... I'll be glad to post wonderful experience with you guys on forums if things is good... I have no idea how to move my account please guide me step by step. I would like my dedicated IP as well please generate for monthly payment.
      0 Not allowed!

I have no experience with moving accounts... my current host did everything for me so moving of accounts 0 knowledge...

this is my conversation with him...

Nick:
    Hello, thank you for visiting Corehoster.com! How may I assist you today?
    ME:
    hi nick
    ME:
    please help...
    ME:
    i suppose it will be easier to talk here
    Nick:
    Ok
    Nick:
    What do you need help with?
    ME:
    can u tell me how 2 change password 1st
    Nick:
    I have already reset your password.
    ME:
    i want to reset it to my own
    ME:
    i cant remember the password u give me
    Nick:
    It is still located in the ticket.
    ME:
    i wanna set my own password
    ME:
    i want my own password
    ME:
    so i dont need to refer
    Nick:
    All accounts are owned by root. This means that no main changes can be done to the main account. This stops people from screwing there account up. The only way to edit your main account is to request the changes.
    ME:
    ok please change my password to XXXXXXX
    Nick:
    Sorry we cannot do that as the password is too weak.
    ME:
    XXXXXXX
    Nick:
    Ok, that will work.
    Nick:
    1 moment please.
    ME:
    thanx
    Nick:
    domain name on the acount?
    ME:
    there is no domain name yet
    ME:
    i wanna move my accounts over
    Nick:
    What is the domain name you signed up with our services with?
    ME:
    securedcnx.net
    Nick:
    Ok
    Nick:
    You password has now been reset.
    Nick:
    Is there anything else i can help you with today?
    ME:
    can you set my default name servers to ns3.securedcnx.net and ns4.securedcnx.net
    ME:
    rather than ns11 and 12 corehoster.com
    Nick:
    Yes we sure can, however we cannot do this over livechat. All accounts changes need to be done over ticket.
    Nick:
    ME:
    how to move my accounts over from my old host
    Nick:
    Did you read the ticket for details?
    ME:
    i can do so
    ME:
    thats y i ask
    Nick:
    You can? or can't?
    ME:
    cant
    Nick:
    Ok, you are going to need to create full backups of each account and place the backups in your Home DIR.
    ME:
    home dir of my old host?
    Nick:
    No, the Home DIR of your new account with us.
    Nick:
    ME:
    then what should i do
    Nick:
    Simply create full backups of each account and place the backups in the Home DIR.
    ME:
    Backup Destination:
    ME:
    what do i select?
    Nick:
    This is where the backups will be stored.
    ME:
    Remote Server (FTP/SCP only): 174.36.38.129
    ME:
    i have a few selection
    ME:
    Remove FTP server (passive mode transfer)
    ME:
    home directory
    ME:
    remote ftp server
    ME:
    secure copy
    ME:
    which 1
    Nick:
    I am sorry but this is something we cannot help you with. I suggest you create full backups of each account and place them in the Home DIR as stated. I would log into the account and help you out be we are not allowed to do that.
    Nick:
    but*
    Nick:
    ME:
    hey
    ME:
    whats the problem?
    Nick:
    There is no problem. All you need to do is create full backups and place them in the Home DIR. This should not take any longer then 1hr depending on how much data you have.
    ME:
    i want to make my service work but u dont seem to want to help
    ME:
    thats the selection i have on the cpanel
    ME:
    i'm just asking u which to select
    Nick:
    Without seeing it i will not be able to help you do this. If this option in not working with your current host simply contact them and they will solve the issue for you and also explain how it works.
    ME:
    this is the same cpanel as what u have!
    Nick:
    Yes i know, but the issue you are having is regarding there servers not ours.
    ME:
    i'm just asking about the selections...
    Nick:
    Yes i understand this and i am very sorry that i cannot be of better help, but i do not know unless i can actually see what you see. Seeing how this is not our server, i suggest you contact your current host regarding the issue you maybe having.
    ME:
    i'll ask them... but i really dont know if i can carry on with ur company's service
    Nick:
    You cannot carry on with us because you cannot place the backups in the Home DIr?
    Nick:
    IT is very simply and will take under 1hr depending on how much data you have.
    ME:
    because u cant tell me how to do it
    ME:
    so tell me how to do it then
    Nick:
    Sorry but as i have stated before, unless i can actually see it i cannot help regarding this issue.
    Nick:
    ME:
    its ok... my patience run out....
      0 Not allowed!

i'm still trying to move my accounts... after i spoke to my current host... i thought my current host is kinda problematic... but is this worst... anyone have any idea to my my accounts... i'm getting this error...

Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpput line 28.

it seems like they arent delivering and i want my money back... should i contact paypal?
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

Hello Leonids,

WOW i don't really know what to say.

I simply stated to you that we need you to place your backups in your Home Dir before the public_html folder and we would take care of the rest for you.

This is very simply to do.

I think the fact that you you feel the need to blaming us because you do not know how to create full backups of each account and upload them to your account with us is pretty bad.

Best Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by VbCrazy; 04-10-2009 at 05:14 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

i have quite a few customers i cant be downloading all their data to my com and uploading them again...

as mention at the top of my post... i have ZERO knowledge of moving accounts without downloading them to my computer... i suppose some assistance should be given by service provider

anyway i'm not here to argue things with u... can anyone give me suggestions on how to handle this? i'm like loosing sleep over this...
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Leonids View Post
    i have quite a few customers i cant be downloading all their data to my com and uploading them again...

as mention at the top of my post... i have ZERO knowledge of moving accounts without downloading them to my computer... i suppose some assistance should be given by service provider

anyway i'm not here to argue things with u... can anyone give me suggestions on how to handle this? i'm like loosing sleep over this...
    Hello Leonids,

Ok so lets get this clear just so i understand.

1. You want us to log into your account, go through each account & generate a backup.

First off we cannot do this as it will take us the same amount of time to do the same thing you should have done yourself before moving to a new host.

Like why should we need to download all of your data and then reupload the data to our server? we have never EVER had a client complaine about backing up there data and placing the backups on the server for us to restore.

2. Today you stated to us that you had backed up your data and placed the backups on your account with us, yet that was a lie as there was no backups. (You never did reply back to that ticket)

3. I have told you like 20 times what you need to do, if you still cannot understand it after 20 times i think it is going to be very hard for anyone to be able to help you.

4. Please do not lie and say you are losing sleep over this as it makes you look bad, there is nothing here stopping you from sleeping.

Best Regards,
    Nick
      0 Not allowed!

Do NOT expect a hosting company to do your work for you unless they state they will move accounts in some form of documentation. This is simply not their job in my opinion. It's great if they offer to help, but don't expect them to do your work for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by VbCrazy View Post
    Hello Leonids,

Ok so lets get this clear just so i understand.

1. You want us to log into your account, go through each account & generate a backup.

First off we cannot do this as it will take us the same amount of time to do the same thing you should have done yourself before moving to a new host.

Like why should we need to download all of your data and then reupload the data to our server? we have never EVER had a client complaine about backing up there data and placing the backups on the server for us to restore.

2. Today you stated to us that you had backed up your data and placed the backups on your account with us, yet that was a lie as there was no backups. (You never did reply back to that ticket)

3. I have told you like 20 times what you need to do, if you still cannot understand it after 20 times i think it is going to be very hard for anyone to be able to help you.

4. Please do not lie and say you are losing sleep over this as it makes you look bad, there is nothing here stopping you from sleeping.

Best Regards,
    Nick
    sorry nick... i see no part in the chat conversation you are helping me... like i've mentioned... i'm not expecting you to move the accounts for me when u say u cant... i just need a step by step guide after which i'll settle them myself... i want my money back.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    Do NOT expect a hosting company to do your work for you unless they state they will move accounts in some form of documentation. This is simply not their job in my opinion. It's great if they offer to help, but don't expect them to do your work for you.
    i did expect things to be done but after he say no... i just want a step by step guide so i can settle things myself... please read before you post... thanx... anyway i stress... I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT here... i want to get things done
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

Hello Leonids,

1. You will not be getting a refund. I have explained several how you can backup your data STEP BY STEP.

Leonids you got to understand that this is not rocket sciences, it is a very simply job to do.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

1. You can request that your current host provides backups for each account, this will save you a little time as you will no longer need to log into each account and create the backups.

You can then get the created backups from the host and place them in your Home Dir, located before the public_html folder.

See how simply that is?

I see no reason why you feel the need to blame us for your lack of knowledge. You should have researched all of this before trying to move to all of these other providers
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    1) Login to control panel
    2) click backup
    3) perform full backup
    4) download backup or upload to new server via the FTP (ip,login and pass needed)
    5) request a support ticket from the new server and they will do the rest.

I live in Malaysia which has the same timezone as you. And if you need more information, googling might help you more. I have chat with corehoster and feel that they are actually very helpful in a way. Lol. I plan to get their service soon as I need to make some plan for my budget since it cost kinda high for me.

Besides, this is the first time I am going to change server as my host is going to shut down. But somehow i know how to perform full backup :O. Kinda easy to understand method. Backup and restore. that all :O

Ps. I am not trying to help them. Just my point of view. Hope you don't get angry with that.
    Last edited by Unknowmaster; 04-10-2009 at 10:42 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

like i've mention... i have ZERO knowledge from the start... i suppose service provider should provide some support or at least an article to help if you dont wanna repeat yourself to other customers like me... anyway i've filed the dispute with paypal... i'll cancel the dispute if things can sorted...

this is the error that i mentioned from the start...
    Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpput line 28.

you can reply to the support ticket if u have anything... i dont wish to flood this place with arguements... i have no intention of starting 1 from the beginning...

i just want some suggestion from others on how to handle this...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowmaster View Post
    Hi,
    1) Login to control panel
    2) click backup
    3) perform full backup
    4) download backup or upload to new server via the FTP (ip,login and pass needed)
    5) request a support ticket from the new server and they will do the rest.

I live in Malaysia which has the same timezone as you. And if you need more information, googling might help you more. I have chatted with corehoster and feel that they are actually very helpful in a way. Lol. I plan to get their service soon as I need to make some plan for my budget since it cost kinda high for me.

Besides, this is the first time I am going to change server as my host is going to shut down. But somehow i know how to perform full backup :O. Kinda easy to understand method. Backup and restore. that all :O

Ps. I am not trying to help them. Just my point of view. Hope you don't get angry with that.
    yeap understood... i did all the googling and to the extend of asking my current host... !!!-_- i still get an error...
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Leonids,

1. You should now have the knowledge to backup your data and move it, as both myself and other members here at WHT have tried to help you.
    2. You broke our rules by opening up a dispute for false reasons, so we have disabled your account.

If you need any other assistance please log into the client portal.
      0 Not allowed!

well... alright... we'll see what can paypal do...
      0 Not allowed!

If i remember correctly. Basically nothing. Its an intangible goods. Base on their TOS, they wont do anything much against intangible goods.
      0 Not allowed!

well... alright... we'll see what can paypal do...
    Not much they can do. Non tangible...
    Just save yourself the hassle and move on....In a nice way
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

11 Apr. 2009 PayPal Case closed
    11 Apr. 2009 Buyer Complaint cancelled.
    11 Apr. 2009 Buyer Complaint Case filed
    11 Apr. 2009 Buyer Dispute filed
    11 Apr. 2009 PayPal Email sent to seller

wow?! i did not cancel my dispute...
      0 Not allowed!

i think i better call paypal and my card company to tell them about fraud
      0 Not allowed!

i think i better call paypal and my card company to tell them about fraud
    Lets get into reality now, You signed up agreeing to TOS within your paypal account when you signed up under your ip#.
    Good luck.
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

but i dont quite understand when they just close my dispute like this? is it hacked?
      0 Not allowed!

Intangible service type purchase. Paypal will not follow a dispute for anything in that nature.
    Dave
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Leonids,

Maybe you should read Paypals TOS/AUP.

Your case was closed becasue Paypal does not cover intangible goods.

All it takes is 1 phone call from us and your case closes.
      0 Not allowed!

----EDIT----
    n/m....Host answered
    Last edited by Mark_W; 04-10-2009 at 11:44 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

seems like he terminated my account and kept my money! incredible!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast