A disk/space question... / user too ?!?

Let's say you have a 60 Gb hd than you sell the hole HD it users..and there is 200 users using 300 MB.. and than let's say like 1 user want's to buy more 100 MB...

How is that done ? Since the HD is full ?

Little questions big solutions

well, you can't sell all 60 gigs. You need room on that for your operating system, swap, etc... so you may need to adjust how much total space you have to sell. Unless of course your /home is mounted on a seperate 60gig drive.

what control panel are you using?
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

I'm think off using ensim 3.1 linux on a red hat 8.0

Ah.

I've never used ensim, but I believe 3.1 controls the resellers to what their allocation is. If you're going to have 60G, you'll probably have a dedicated server and will have control over allocations. Like I said, I've never used ensim, but I would imagine that if you controlled the box, you could just tell it that it has 120-180Gig and oversell that way. Also, you could always make an agreement with resellers that they could purchase a 1Gig plan that will charge them if they go over, and then allocate 2Gig-3Gig for them - if you can't tell the box you have more than 60Gig.

If you're just thinking about it, I would imagine then that you don't have a huge customer base yet. Why not go with a reseller account first until you have enough income to pay for the server?

Have you already gotten your UCG server? If not, check out http://rackforce.com , they are better suited for newer users. Their support is great.

Also, 8.0 is kind of new. You might want to consider using something prior, or waiting until 8.1 comes out.

But red hat 7.3 can't be better than 8.0 men

I was thinking off geting that but if i get my own server i have better round and i don't need to change networks...

and the company i was hosting my last site that had a rese.. plan they charge $100 for the dns.

I'm not goin to pay $100 for custum dns..

I'm not goin to move to another server again...

I'm tru jumping from Host. to host. all the host. i have try out ( since 1998 ) stink.. I'm goin to get my own weels

If you are concerned about stability, then anything .3 is better than the next .0

I'd wait until 8.1 unless you always run on the bleeding edge. I wouldn't trust my clients' businesses to something that just came out.

What about backing up peoples data? Raid? HD Mirroring? What if that hard drive crashes with all that load from 200 sites? Pushing 60gb of data?

Maybe you should run two HD's. Split it down.
    Kaumil P.

The backup it's a problem

Mayble i will only use 50 Gb off the 60 Gb

Just make sure you provide your clients with some sort of backup. Or if something goes wrong, you can have all 200 clients coming right back at you, and they aren't going to say "Oh, it's okay... it happens".
    Kaumil P.

I get your dreft...

But my first server will be fill up the 60 Gb than i will get another hd and a secound server...

In the start the jump's and the step's has to be very small..

IDE drives are cheap. Save yourself a headache now and just get two of them. Then run daily/weekly/monthly backups and store those on your spare HD. Drives do go bad. Its one of those things where people always think "oh, it can't happen to me"

I agree with Jeremy,
    Kaumil P.

JeremyV
    Nice ideia...thanks

personally if i have a 60 gb hdd i look at selling 30-35 gb of hosting on ensim max, once you have taken into account the op sys, the cp , email and databases etc etc etc you dont have 60 gb to sell, then theres the swap file, you never aim to sell 100% f your resources, its bad business, i sell about 60-70% and let people upgrade, leave some slack etc. if there is no space then move them to another server. by the time your server is 50% full you should be commissioning your next server good luck
    --
    Rich

oh and redhat 7.3 can be better then 8.0 7.3 is a refined version of 7.0 , 8.0 is a new start in a way so it will have bugs and problems, they rushed its release which never helps so sayng 8.1 is better then 7.3 could be true but 8.0 is a little to fresh to be pushed onto production servers as yet.
    --
    Rich