View Poll Results: What are you going to be doing on Halloween?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trick-or-Treating

2 7.41%
  • Going out to party

4 14.81%
  • Sitting home with the lights off

5 18.52%
  • Distributing candy

5 18.52%
  • Other

11 40.74%

Post What are you going to be doing on Halloween?

It's just going to be a regular day for me, I don't celebrate Halloween in any form.

I'm gonna be in Vegas for a week, you gonna miss me?

Hmm.. just like every thursday, I work late

At home Distributing Candy.

Fun eh? maybe.

If it doesn't rain, I'm going to take my 2 year old son out trick or treating. He's going as Bob the Builder -- his favorite thing right now.

Its suppose to rain Thursday - well at least according to the local news -- but weather.com says its only a 10% chance of rain... very weird.

Its going to be hotter than heck outside though. Its almost November, and its 20F hotter than its suppose to be (80s).

Gotta love El Nino here in Florida.

As luck would have it, it's supposed to snow tomorrow here! But be that as it may, we're still gonna brave the elements and help out with a local ski team on their haunted hayride. The whole concept amuses me....dress up and scare kids riding on a hayride! Only in Iowa would you and your children ride around in the forest while its snowing only to be frightened by a ski club who hides and drinks in the bushes.

The worst part is, I actually had a costume picked out before I got invited to this (cos there's about a million costume parties going on)...I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and buy that flimsy cow costume from Wal Mart (cos that costume seems to be the one nobody buys...so I figured I'd go off the beaten path)...hooray! I can only imagine the horror which will become the unsuspecting youth when a cow (arguably the most frightening of barnyard animals) haunts the hayride....hopefully said cow paces himself so he isn't in a drunken haze clinging to a tree so he doesn't fly up into the sky....
    Last edited by DaveMc; 10-30-2002 at 07:01 PM.
    Not only do I think for myself, I AM myself

same old same old... but my 3 year old will be out with her mother separating neighbors from their candy supplies She's pretty good at it too, and usually collects a nice haul.

A princess this year (complete with whacking wand), and a NY sewer rat last year

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

sigh

this isn't a big deal where I come from

The joys of having a 2 year old... Mommy and Daddy get to eat most of the candy

My son would be bouncing off the walls if we let him really have all the candy he collected.

So that wouldn't be good -- Mommy has to get stuff done the next couple weeks --- big time!

The joys of having a toddler

It's just a regular day. No one trick or treats where I live, since there's no paved roads/lighting.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

I'll be finishing putting my site back online at 4000 bytes at a time .

I'm stuck in Florida too, and it is hot as heck here... up till the weekend anyway when it is supposed to cool off.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Unfortunately their are ALOT of kids in this area, me and the wifey are the only ones in the area without kids. I spent $20 on candy, and I will be handing it out all night, should be interesting to see all the kids costumes.

Thank God for the cooling down time we're going to have this weekend! We need it!! 82F/85% humidity is a killer.

Where are you at Jerry??

Muahaha
    Of course Jax has humidity because of St. John river.

On the other hand, here in CFLa we have lots of lakes, so.....

Thank Goodness for AC (and for AC/DC)

studying, hate it, for one quiz on chem I have studied for about 5 hours so far. I also got a calc quiz, but thats always easy
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Jax is nothing compared to Sarasota (where I am) (I lived here for a year - several years ago).

CFL is nothing compared to here on the Gulf either

Jax, when it gets cold, it gets cold (for FL that is), Sarasota's lows are 50 max.

I just love it down here, with the locals.

When it gets down into the 60s, all the locals dig out their winter clothes, and pile it on. Being from Michigan, when it gets in the upper 50s, we dig out our summer clothes. I remember last "winter" everyone kept on asking us, "Are you cold? You must be crazy!!" Thinking to myself, "You're the crazy ones!! Wearing a down parka when its 60F" LOL

sleep.

I'm dressing up like a motocross rider and spending the evening riding out at the track
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

I'm in Jacksonville...

Hehehe... I remember when we first moved from Illinois to Florida during late fall, end most people were wearing heavy coats, and stuff and we were wearing shorts... I like 50-70 F weather. While I was going to high school bout 3 years ago and I rode my bike about 3 miles to school regardless of how "cold" it was... People thought I was "fuc*in' nuts"

Jacksonville is backwards too (or it is because Georgia sucks ) ... Just to prove it, the St. Johns river is one of two or three rivers in the northern hemisphere that flows north (the other is the Nile and I cant remember if there is a 3rd one).

*edit*
    Fixed a bunch of silly typos
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

bleh when's the last time i posted here...

anyways, im gonna be a stressed Georgia Tech student who sits in front of one of the dual LCD multimedia computers during halloween studying for tests and doing a crapload of work... hows that for a helluva costume

i wonder if i can get any candy from here...

Bag Snatchin .

Yes that is correct SUPREME*emperor penguin has decided to make a plan and snatch his sister's candy bags....

*Yes note supreme (sour cream added to the taco ).

BTW no I'm, not supreme emperor penguin!