Someone please recommend a good Windows hosting provider

Hey all,

I've had a nightmare experience with Nodehosting.com.. probably the worst support I've ever had (I'm not exaggerating either). I'd like to switch.. all I really need is a Windows server with 50MB space, a mail component of some kind (JMail, SimpleMail, ASPmail, etc.), pretty good web stats (LiveStats, Urchin, Webalizer, etc.), and the ability to access an Access database. (don't need DSN, I can do DSNless)

So, recommendations anyone?

Thanks!

I can recommend gearhost.com but be aware they charge $10 extra for livestats. So it is the cost of the plan + $10 setup + $10 for livestats activation (1 time fee).

Is it LiveStats 6.x?

Originally posted by OtherMDesign
    Is it LiveStats 6.x?
    yes, 6.2.... what is that about?

What's it all about? I need a good web stats I like seeing how traffic is going. And LiveStats is one of the best.. 6.2 is a major improvement over 5.0.

What's it all about? I need a good web stats I like seeing how traffic is going. And LiveStats is one of the best.. 6.2 is a major improvement over 5.0.
    Okay...

You are right, it does do a good job on information... BUT I've had free ones that gave me just the same info - just not in "live" time. I guess if you like sitting around the computer seeing how many people are on your site at any given time then this might be the "high" you are looking for.... (joking...)

I too would go with GearHost if you are looking for a Windows host.

Do you know if I'll be up & running immediately if I sign up at Gearhost?

Also, their lowest plan (Silver) doesn't include MS Access. But can i still do a DSN-less connection ?

Also, their lowest plan (Silver) doesn't include MS Access. But can i still do a DSN-less connection ?
    I don't remember how fast it took them to hook up my website. I have a large site and moved it in sections to ensure it would work at gearhost... couple of days of moving/testing. I think (don't quote me) that they sent a temp place for me to upload content but I did not use that.

DSN-less connection - I would contact gearhost customer service for this answer...

I have used exa-bytes in the past and found their service quite reliable.
    Hosting and Design Services
    www.KiwiBloke.com

Our iControl software creates your account instantly when you signup online.
    Also, their lowest plan (Silver) doesn't include MS Access. But can i still do a DSN-less connection?
    Technically you need to go with the Gold for the DSN but you can do a DSN-less connection on the Silver.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

Any decent Win hosts with more than 250MB under $99/yr?

RyanK,

I'm a bit wary of signing up with you guys, mostly because I went to your "contact us" form and never received a response. What if I have an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP? Will I have to wait 2 or 3 days?

I'd like to know what ASP email components you guys have.. JMail, SimpleMail, etc.?

Thanks

Other - can you please contact me offlist at farena@nodehosting.com - I would like to know what happened prior to this past week. I just got back into another feast of love against this company. Seems I can not even take a vacation around here.....

Frank

I'm a bit wary of signing up with you guys, mostly because I went to your "contact us" form and never received a response. What if I have an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP? Will I have to wait 2 or 3 days?
    Please understand that this response time is not support response time. With GearHost you have three main support relms (phone, ticket manager or forums). What you used was a contact form page, thus responses from Sales can take a couple of days.
    I'd like to know what ASP email components you guys have.. JMail, SimpleMail, etc.?
    We support a verity of components, over 60+. For mail we support, ASPMail, ASPEmail, CDONTS, SimpleMail, DynuEmail, JMail and I think a few others just for email.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required