Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1UHost?

1UHost?

I've been signed up with 1UHost since March and have had only a few problems. However, recently, there was a period of a week when everything ran slowly and I was sometimes unable to access my site. They told me that their servers had been attacked. They got the problem fixed and gave me 2 free months which was fine.

Everything ran great for about another week and a half. Now, (for about a week so far) I can't get to my site at all breittechnologies.com and I can't seem to contact them since I can't get to their site either (1uhost.com).

I had noticed that they posted messages in these forums and was hoping that they (or anyone else who has an idea of what's going on) could help me out.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

Their temporary email address is support1u@bayposta.com

They was changed datacenters to Yipes.
      0 Not allowed!

Well Jbrets, I "think" I have an answer but I'll get to that in a minute.
    Glad you haven't had many problems with them. Wish I, (and apparently MANY other people) could say the same. On 09/07/02 I signed up with them for 1 year ($24). My needs were not that great since i only really wanted the site to teach myself the ins and outs. Was pleased with that account so I ordered another one on 09/14/02. I accidently hit the 2 year option for $42 but thought "what the heck, I'll take it anyway) and THAT'S where the trouble began. 1uhost NEVER did activate that account! I sent SEVERAL emails before finally getting one back saying they would refund my money ($42) in 20 days. That was the last I heard from them on that subject. Sent SEVERAL emails to them since and have not received any response and yes, I did ALSO send emails to support1u@bayposta.com with the same results. Now their site is closed so BOTH accounts are inactive so they have basically ripped me off for a total of $64. Since then I have done a little research and found the following concerning them:
    http://www.theworldjournal.com/speci...tech/alert.htm
    After reading that I began to see what I could do about them with several different agencies in and outside of Turkey and am still in that process. Apparently this is a fly-by-night outfit and a fraud at worse or some Turkish kid who doesn't know what the hell he's doing other than stealing peoples money at best.

Now it's VERY interesting that astraler2k seemed to know something about 1uhost so I did a bit of research on what he's been posting. You might want to do the same. Seems that astraler2k has been asking several questions about problems with servers recently. It's ALSO interesting that he keeps recommending 1uhost in his post's. It's even MORE interesting that he writes in the same broken english that 1upromo and makrino has and they ALL have the SAME misspelling for "because", (Becouse).... You connect the dots. I believe I HAVE my answer.

Suffice to say I sincerely do not believe you can expect service from them, consider you money lost like mine and chalk it up to a "learning" experience. As for me, well, I have plenty of time to pursue these thiefs and hope I am successful so others do not fall in their trap.

Best wishes.....
    Lefty
      0 Not allowed!

Astraler2K -

Thanks for the temp e-mail address. I sent a message to them. I hope they respond. How did you find out this information about them?

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

Lefty -

Thanks for all the info. I wish I would have found this forum before I signed up with a host. I had thought 1uhost's plan was too good to be true, but I figured if they burned me I'd only be out like $50.

My situation is this: I write some software that I give away as freeware on my website. I had no idea that my site would get so popular, but since march I've had way over 10,000 software downloads. I have no problem just forgetting about my $50 and signing up with a new company. The only problem is that my domain breittechnologies.com was purchased through 1uhost for 1 year. If I sign up at a new hosting company, I'm not going to be able to get that domain name back am I? I'd then have over 10,000 people looking for software updates and support at breittechnologies.com which wouldn't exist. Is there anyway I could get the same domain name?

Do you have any advice?

Thank so much for your help. These forums are lifesavers.

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

I still have not heard back from their "temporary e-mail address".

Does anyone else have any advice?

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

JBreits

You own the domain name, so you will be able to move it.

Registrant:
    Joshua Breitbach (BREITTECHNOLOGIES-COM-DOM)
    16280 Herod Lane
    Dubuque, IA 52002
    USA
    breijp@loras.edu

Domain Name: BREITTECHNOLOGIES.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Joshua Breitbach breijp@loras.edu
    16280 Herod Lane
    Dubuque, IA
    USA

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    Joshua Breitbach breijp@loras.edu
    16280 Herod Lane
    Dubuque, IA 52002
    USA

Record last updated on 12-Jul-2002.
    Record expires on 02-Apr-2003.
    Record created on 02-Apr-2002.

Domain servers in listed order:

Name Server: NS1.TEKDNS.COM
    Name Server: NS2.TEKDNS.COM
    Name Servers Updated Date: 12-jul-2002
      0 Not allowed!

JKLIVIN

Thanks for the reponse. I was able to track my DNS to this registrar as well. However, I was never given a login name and password to change this information. Do you think that I am the actual owner and that they just had access to this account or are they the true owners here? I don't want to cause legal problems.

I have contacted their tech support department about this issue.

Thanks,
    JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

JBreits,

Did you not get an email sent to you when the domain was originally registered on your behalf?

It should have gone to breijp@loras.edu.

Do you know what company was used to register it with?
    · Shared Hosting - Servers in the US and the UK
    · Reseller Plans - For ultimate reliability
    · WebAttention.net - Hosting made easy
      0 Not allowed!

I don't remember getting an e-mail from this company.

When I signed up with 1UHost.com, they said that they took care of the domain registration stuff for me. I went to the registrar's site (www.dotregister.com) and filled out the little form to have the password e-mailed to me. The web site replied that breijp@loras.edu was not the e-mail address on file for that domain.

I realize now, that the best way to do this is to register the domain myself through an independant company. This was my first real website though. I'm just hoping that there is someway I can get control of this domain and point it to a new host.

Thanks for all the help.

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

Ooops. Sorry. The registrar's site is www.dotregistrar.com

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

My Advice would be to go to dotregistrar.com's technical support page and send off to them.

Explain the situation, that you had the domain originally registered by a host, that has since let you down. Hopefully they will let you gain control of it then.

Best of luck.

DM
      0 Not allowed!

I sent them an e-mail just this morning and haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for all your help.

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

I finally got an e-mail message back from 1uhost's support team. It is as follows:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

We contracted new collocation service.We are working at new services and
    server configurations.Server will be online immedaitely/as soon as.

Very very sorry delay.

1UHOST Support Team
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, they are still in existence. What is the best way to ask them to give me the log in name and password for my domain name at dotregistrar.com? Since I'm not sure if technically I own the domain or they do, I don't want to tick them off. However, I'm seriously looking at other hosting companies and want the same domain name.

Thanks,
    JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Jbreits,

You own the domain name.. They have a responsibility to provide you the log in details for your domain name... that is unless you signed up to something giving them complete control of your domain name when you originally signed up for your hosting account.

I think your best bet is still with the dotregistrar people. They should be able to hand control over to you.

Hope it works out for you.. keep us posted.

DM
      0 Not allowed!

Hey!
    I'm having the same problem with 1UHOST.
    I registered with them for a year and got my domain name through them. I never got my domain name login info.

At the time their servers went down for a week or so I looked for a new hosting company but realized I couldn't change my DNS info since I didn't have the domain name user and password. I figured out I couldn't contact them because their servers were down so I emailed the people at dotregistrar.com and they gave me an email address of a person who supposedly registered my domain name for me. I contacted that person and I was told to contact someone else so I gave up on that. It sounded as if they were trying to get rid of me (and I guess they still are).

I emailed 1UHOST when their servers went back up and asked for my user name and password for my domain and their response was "tell us what info you want changed and we'll do it for you." I told them I simply wanted my login info. My email was ignored for a week until I emailed them with the same request. This time their answer was that they "do not support domain name user names and passwords." Well, excuse me but who does? They're the ones who registered the domain name for me. They should have the info. I guess they couldn't have said they don't want to give that info to me so they had to come up with an excuse.

Now, to make things more complicated for me, a while ago I asked them to take down some of my contact info I had for my domain because I was worried about my privacy. It's all x-ed out, except for my email address. Even the state shows up as XX. Needless to say I can't select the XX state when trying to enter that contact info in the domain transfer form. So I asked them to change back my info to what it was. I hope they do it, otherwise I'll get really upset with them.

Now I know I should've registered the domain myself but I didnt know better at the time. There goes my sad story.

P.S.: I now have a new domain name and a hosting account with a different company but I'd still like my old domain name back.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Hi kicki,

Your domain your own domain.And we can change all infos if you want.If you want any change, then confirm us please.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by 1upromo; 11-13-2002 at 03:11 PM.
    Signature edited. Please see Forum Guidelines for more information.
      0 Not allowed!

Kicki -

I was able to complete a domain transfer and got the domain under my control. I have switched to national-host.com for my hosting provider. So far they seem to be good. I'll post later on their service. I would recommend just trying a domain transfer. Most places will only charge you if it goes through. Maybe it will since your e-mail address is in the info.

Good luck. I hope you're able to get your domain back. Let's tell the world to steer clear of 1uhost.

Jbreits
      0 Not allowed!

Let's tell the world to steer clear of 1uhost.
    Amen to THAT! If enough people get the word about this fraud hopefully he won't have enough business to make it profitable.

OH! So 1UPROMO, you've decided to join the conversation I see. Good, how about commenting on what's been said about 1UHOST although I doubt you could really have much to say. Or better yet, how about giving me my money back that you stole from me for an account I NEVER recieved! Be careful what you say. I have ALL emails (even the "few" you sent) documented and will gladly post them.

Bottom line......
    Stay away from this person and 1UHOST or risk loosing everything. 1UHOST has been proven to be an Internet scam and fraud!

MTA
      0 Not allowed!

I'll go through with the domain transfer once they change the info for my domain. They had put my domain name instead of my full name so I didn't even know what to type in the transfer form.

I agree, let's tell the world to steer clear of 1UHOST. I could go on and on about how bad they are but then I realize that the "you get what you pay for" saying is true.

But isn't it funny how they hurried up to try to solve my problem only after I posted in this forum?
      0 Not allowed!

Of my biggest complaints is their lack of ability to write more than 1 sentence to answer a question.

I am a software developer and routinely answer support questions via e-mail. In my experience, customers prefer to have in-depth descriptions of the problems and how to correct them. This may mean writing a few paragraphs of information (heavens no! :-) )

My point is that getting information from 1UHost support was HARDER than pulling teeth. I never got an e-mail from them that was over 1-2 lines (even when I requested in depth information). This never gave me the amount of information that I needed. On several occasions I even asked them if they understood my english or if they would prefer that I use a translator program before sending my e-mails. They replied that they understood (which I doubt).

A perfect example of their short, non-descriptive, poor english is the recent post in this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your domian your own domain.And we can change all infos if you want.If you want any change, then confirm us please.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lefty - Like you, I have all the correspondences I ever made with 1UHost. I was thinking of posting them to show people the truth about this "hosting company".

JBreits

That's just terrible.
      0 Not allowed!

JBreits, I agree with you. I was never sure if they understood what I was trying to tell them judging by the responses I got.

Also, I would've appreciated it if they emailed us before upgrading their servers. I think they upgraded at least 3 times and not once did they warn us about it.

I started the transfer and I'm waiting to see if dotregistrar will allow it or not. Things are looking up... but not for 1UHOST.

"Warm regards!" LOL!
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Jbriets..
    Yeah, I was thinking about posting all the emails too but I just figured it wasn't necessary because the word IS getting out and even though 1UHOST is as sleezy as they are I have never posted anyone's email's to me without their consent (unlike 1UHOST, I have ethics) ,unless I deemed it an absoulte must which may be the situation here should 1UPROMO decide to debate me which I HIGHLY doubt.. LOL

I hope everyone's also aware that it is very probable that 1UHOST has several accounts here on WHT as I stated in previous post's. All this isn't a matter on conjecture or speculation, it's a proven fact that can be documented by MANY people. That being said, I wonder if WHT might consider removing accounts that are proven to be frauds so those frauds do not have a forum to spread their BS..... Hmmmm...

Kicki,
    I'm glad you got a response from 1UHOST BUT remember responses may not translate into action. I too posted a complaint about 1UHOST and got an email from them only minuets after I posted here BUT I NEVER they never did refund my money... Still I hope it works out for you.....

MTA
      0 Not allowed!

"Warm regards!" LOL!
    LMAO........
    Well, at least we can laugh about it. That's a positive!
    Another positive was that I found this forum BECAUSE (not becouse..lol), of 1UHOST. Finding WHT was worth the money 1UHOST stole not to mention I got a quick, down and dirty lesson in web hosting.....
      0 Not allowed!

HA!! I laughed like crazy when I read the end of your message.

As far as their "upgrades" go, after the second "upgrade" I stopped believing that they were actually making upgrades.

Besides downtime from their "upgrades" my web site users experienced corrupted downloads quite frequently. Also, they suspended my account twice; once on the basis that I was sending SPAM (which I was not) and another on the basis that my cgi scripts were using up too many resources. In both cases I was given no warning before they suspended me. Lastly, just before I switched companies, I logged in to my 1UHost Cpanel only to find out that they had lost their CPanel license!!

These people are a joke.

Good luck with your transfer.

JBreits
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast