upload speeds review

Evening everyone, Need help with my upload speed and would like others to advise me if it's fast enough or do I need to keep on working on it.

window servers
    I just upload ( via ftp ) from my cable modem, 1 file that was 2.11 meg's it took 51 seconds

from that server to another windows server ( ftping ) it took 4 seconds ( or faster, I turned my head and it was done )

I really don't want to count the server to server speeds as that might not replicate the end users need.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

I just checked adehost.com. Ping and traceroutes were slow. Sorry.

don't need that aspect, having a hell of time this week. but I need to get a benchmark of others rates for file uploads.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Originally posted by ADEhost
    don't need that aspect, having a hell of time this week. but I need to get a benchmark of others rates for file uploads.

Mike
    It must be your equipment, Mike. What can I say?

Originally posted by chrisb

It must be your equipment, Mike. What can I say?
    well you could tell me what your uploading to your servers at so I can get a refernce point to see how i'm doing

next thing I'm going to do is place a test file out thier and try a download test and open it to the public

anyway that's a unix server your hitting not the win servers

Mike

ps. but I'll look at anybody spped so I can get an idea if I'm doing ok or not

i just pinged and tracert'd adehost.com. Got another IP to check. BTW, the reason I checked is because I was considering your service.

well I'm not crazy about publicly posting my IP's for people to play with or look at. enable your e-mail and I'll drop you something

also I'm tracing from princton NJ about 75ms 76 ms which is average.

where are you comming in from ?

Mike

I'm coming from middle TN. However, I think I've heard that traceroute and ping speed depend on how far away you are, but am not sure. So, maybe your site is not slow.

I was pinging several hosts yesterday, including adehost, and couldn't find one host as fast as my local TV stations's website that is hosted by Interland. Then, it dawned on me, that maybe they were so fast because they are in the same town, yet I don't think Interland is located in my town. So, I think it's because my ISP uses ATT, and so does Interland.

First off, you are right, ping speeds has a direct relation distance, the farther way the web host the longer the ping time ( speed of light still has a speed )

that's why KC, Chicago, houston and St.Louis are such growing hubs. they are in the center of the USA and you would have just about equal times from both ends of the USA. Given you have Mae-East and Mae-West. but more and more I'm seeing peering avoid that route.

go here

www.traceroute.org
    you can test traceroutes from all over the world.

as for interland. they are rather large and have datacenters all over. I would not be surprised that you have a very fast time with them.

Mike