Has the recent internet scare affected the VPS Industry?

April 1 and nothing happens. The recent target this week of governmental computers in 103 countries by a rogue GhostNet and you have the makings of sequel to the movie "Hackers". Perhaps someone was trying to make a movie themselves as the vulnerability was programmed to take control of webcams and microphones. Regardless, this could be the catalyst that pushes viruses companies to develop software that not only looks for signature base threats but also detects 'suspicious behavior' incorporating heuristic protection capabilities. For the time being it seems the recent Windows exploit has been patched by the fine folks at Microsoft. The moral of the story: if you are running the Windows OS contact your VPS provider to make sure they have installed the latest patches.
    Top VPS Hosting Providers
    See some of the best VPS hosting providers and learn about VPS Technology at
    Best VPS Hosting

has not scared me really. I use a paid virus scanner and one i have been creating one myself. the suspected did happen at my work but only got a few computers.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Talking Conficker paranoia

VPS industry is mainly based on Linux, then the conficker hoax cannot affect it seriously. And serious VPS Window$ providers are safeguarded against viruses...If Window$ VPs customers open doors for virus this is another problem, a personal problem, not a VPS industry problem...
    The-REV, OS/2 Guru
    http://macarloshark.com/
    Trusted Since 1997
    Blog: http://my.opera.com/The-REV/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by VPSMaster View Post
    April 1 and nothing happens. The recent target this week of governmental computers in 103 countries by a rogue GhostNet and you have the makings of sequel to the movie "Hackers". Perhaps someone was trying to make a movie themselves as the vulnerability was programmed to take control of webcams and microphones. Regardless, this could be the catalyst that pushes viruses companies to develop software that not only looks for signature base threats but also detects 'suspicious behavior' incorporating heuristic protection capabilities. For the time being it seems the recent Windows exploit has been patched by the fine folks at Microsoft. The moral of the story: if you are running the Windows OS contact your VPS provider to make sure they have installed the latest patches.
    Why would it? The patch for it came out a few weeks ago also...