how much??? 2MB Line???

Hey im hosting a few sites from my server, im my house

but one of them will be my companies site, which i want to have a nice speed

So im wondering. How much, do u think, on avarage, a 2MB both ways connection would cost monthly?

this will be fore about 5 sites, 4 small, 1 medium

Thanx

Do you need this line to goto your house or is a datacenter ok? If a datacenter is ok what kind of bandwidth cogent or quality?

it would be going to my house

where it would be connected to a dedicated firewall, my server and two networked pc that i work on

basically the connection will be used just for the server, but for a bit of my internet browsing by one of my two pcs. but the amount of internet surfing i would be doing on it would be small since im working most of the day.

so it would be a 2mb line directly to my house

There isn't that many options for that you can run two T1's for 3mbit but that is going to cost you quite a bit. Only other thing I can think of is get business class DSL

i dont like the idea of dsl just incase it disconnects

but i know i can get buisiness class cable access from my provider up2 about 12MB

but the waiting queues for quotes of them are months

does anyone know a ruff price a 2MB a sec, buisiness class cable connection would cost me. i already got a nice cable modem, just wondering about monthly price

It depends where in the country you live (I am assuming UK, right?). We got a price for 64k to our office and it was 6k + VAT per year and we're not exactly right out in the sticks.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Yes DSL would be much more reliable than cable. The way the dsl network works vs cable. Cable providers just assume if there stations dont have power then your home wont either. So if the power goes out so does your cable line. Also I have been experiementing with it and my cable line seems to go down every few days about 3-4 am for itleast 15 minutes. And sometime during the afternoon (about once a month).

A 2Mb line from a cable company near me would cost itleast a couple hundred dollars. Being that a residential 2000/384 plan vs bussiness 2000/384 plan is about 100 bucks more alone (with no real difference, however there is no 2000/2000 residential plan.

dslreports.com has lots of prices and things if you mess aroung long enough (both for cable and dsl).
    Jimmy

You'd be looking at about $750-1200/month for each full T1 (1.4 Mbps)

However, if you wanted to go with a lesser quality bandwidth option, such as a cable modem or DSL you could possibly get off for a LOT less... I've seen 1 Mbps cable connections for under $100/month.
    CDHost - Managed Business Hosting
    http://www.cdhost.com - [email protected]
    Proud Host of PhotoshopForums.com!

With most isp's you can't run a webserver off your modem for a residental plan. Its the #1 reason why ppl get disconnected from cable in the St. Louis, MO area (Charter) Business plans are a little ify as well. Check before you do it. You don't want to pay for it, then get disconnected within a week.

I vote cable over dsl. Cable you deal with cable co. But dsl, you deal with dsl ppl & fone co people.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

seriously your cable goes down every night??

last time my cable went down was about 4 months ago. seems reliable to me.

found how much a buisiness class connection would cost.

512k upload buisiness class cable costs 50 a month

1MB upload buisiness class cable costs 80 a month

anything higher they said i have to go for fibre lines, which are going to be expensive.

so i guess 1MB will have to do