Anyone with a windows server or VPS on liquidweb?

Hi there,

Anyone here has a Windows server or VPS with liquidweb?

I saw their ServerSecure for Windows Servers page and was wondering if they actually install something useful to match the claims on that page.

Thanks!
    Steven Martins

Bump. Anyone?
    Steven Martins

Kaspersky Anti-Virus is just an anti-virus, they will probably have it installed automaticly during the Windows installation (image files). Which is pretty easy to do.
    Secure RDP was added with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. I don't have a SSL certificate available to show it to you, but this screenshot kinda shows what it looks like: http://www.petri.co.il/images/secure_rdp_004.jpg
    TCP HARDENING can also be done by the image file or manual. It doesn't take too long and there are lots of guides that explain it, see also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324270/en-us
    DoS-EVASIVE
    Liquid Web's custom DoS-Evasive script monitors all incoming connections. This script helps stop Denial of Service (DoS) attacks by temporarily blocking IPs that are attacking any of your systems resources like Web or Mail Services. All legitimate traffic requests are allowed, while every traffic that is determined to be harmful is blocked.
    I can't comment in that since it's something custom by themselves.
    BFD (BRUTE FORCE DETECTION)
    I know there is a BFD script for Linux, which I also doubt would be a lie. Easy to test also .

I'm pretty sure those are all valid, though your best bet would be contacting them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by smartins View Post
    Hi there,

Anyone here has a Windows server or VPS with liquidweb?

I saw their ServerSecure for Windows Servers page and was wondering if they actually install something useful to match the claims on that page.

Thanks!
    Hello!
    I wonder why don't get in toch with them directly and ask about that?

Most of what's listed above is available for either free download or free scripts online. With the brute force attacks, what are they protecting? The OS? FTP? There are so many things that can be brute forced.
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Thanks for all the replies.

The reason why I wanted to learn from someone who use/used them was to determine if all those "features" were really something to take in consideration when choosing a VPS provider. I have a few possibilities being Liquidweb one of them.
    Steven Martins

Quote Originally Posted by smartins View Post
    to determine if all those "features" were really something to take in consideration when choosing a VPS provider
    These features aren't worth basing the decision on no.