Anybody reselling from Domainpeople?

Hi there,

We're currently evaluating Domainpeople v/s OpenSRS. Anybody has an experience with DP?

(Integration, support, integrity)

Thanks!

Carl

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on this too. Is it their "Private Brand Professional" package that you're looking at?

Best wishes,
    Simon.
    http://www.AQHost.com
    Fast, reliable dual Intel Xeon servers
    Excellent uptime record
    Efficient and friendly support

FACT

FACT as of September 2002:

OpenSRS/Tucows - 3,044,787 registrations (+82,417 over June 2002)

DomainPeople - 145,139 registrations (-3,892 over June 2002)
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Hmmmmmmm. They also raised their prices for new Private Brand Enterprise customers since I last spoke to them. Not good.

Simon.
    Excellent uptime record

DomainPeople sends out notices to your clients 1-2 weeks BEFORE their domain actually expires offering them a chance to renew it through them. A total violation of their reseller's agreement, in my opinion. Not only have clients forwarded me these renewal requests, I had one report last week that DomainPeople actually CALLED them and got them to renew over the phone. Hello?!?!

I have been reselling for DomainPeople for a year and a half. When I found out this was happening, I switched to Enom and will be transferring all previously DP domains as they come up for renewal.

DomainPeople will steal your clients.

BJ,

To be fair that is outlined in the reseller agreement, or at least it was in the version that I received, and it was a major factor in not doing business with them.

Best wishes,
    Simon.
    Excellent uptime record

I've been with DP for 2 years this coming January. This absolutely did not happen to my accounts last year. I believe this is something new that they added their resellers agreement maybe even within the last year. My contract is from January 2001 and unfortunately, I'll have to go hunt for mine.

Yup, we had clients too and DP had sent (automated?) emails to the clients in certain intervals when the domain was due to expire, telling them how to renew the domain through them before it expired.

To be fair that is outlined in the reseller agreement
    I just wanted to address this point. In my contract it says

5. Communication with Customers
    DomainPeople may freely communicate with Registrant, who has been registered hereunder by Partner, but DomainPeople will not, during the term of this Agreement, communicate directly with Registrant for the purpose of advertising or promotion of services or products unless first approved in writing by Partner.

I contacted my sales rep and he told me that he removed me from the automated notice system. Who knows....

This past week they also came out with a system wide domain lock for all domains. Never announced it. Just did it. Supposedly all of my domains will be unlocked.

I spoke with someone a long time ago and they were VERY expensive.. Like 14.00 per domain if i recall,,

This past week they also came out with a system wide domain lock for all domains. Never announced it. Just did it. Supposedly all of my domains will be unlocked. [/B]
    I'm waiting for unlock of my domain for TWO WEEKS already and most probably gonna lose it... They just ignore me- trouble tickets, letters, whatever.