Which merchant recom.?

If im not wrong there is lots of merchant account outside there, but which will be cheap and realible? currently im only a reseller, i would like to have online purchase... so which merchant do you think is suitable?

I think its suitable for a reseller to have something like 2checkout.com (http://www.2checkout.com)

This is a 3rd party credit card processor, and they are great!
    Kaumil P.

eh do you need a 3rd Party processing solution or your own merchant account and payment gateway setup ?

Would recommend http://echo-inc.com. This will be your own account. You can make it automatic (with a little programming), or you can use their interface to charge, credit, view details and more. Their price is also decent.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I definately recommend www.charge.com, they have been excellent all the way and have always been available no matter what time of day and ready to answer any questions within minutes. They walk you through everything and have an easy system and excellent rates and a good referral program.

Dont make a descision without checking out www.charge.com.
    Also i was in the process of using www.paysystems.com before desciding on charge.com, if you need 3rd party then i suggest paysystems.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

I would recommend reading the charge.com TOS/contract that they send you very carefully. I found so many inconsistencies and 'holes' that I decided against them.

Stuff like the top of the page defines xx days as a time period, but later on the page it ends up yy days. I dont like that.

I find stuff like that in every TOS/AUP, thats pretty much what they are there for.... but i will check into it, but every company pretty much does that with every service.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

how bout phpmanager?

Originally posted by hostingplex
    I think its suitable for a reseller to have something like 2checkout.com (http://www.2checkout.com)

This is a 3rd party credit card processor, and they are great!
    - Do I need to have an account in the US in order to use 2checkout?
    - I live in Mexico, so what would i need to setup this type of account? just my credit card number? and the payments will go to this account inmediately, or do i need to reach certain amount?
    - Also, the clients credit card is also charged in real time?
    - Whats the difference between just a 3rd party credit card processor and a merchant account?
    - How do I prove to 2checkout that im a legitimate business? Does 2checkout do some kind of investigation about business before giving their service?

Is 2checkout customizable? i mean, can i "brand" the order page? i would not like my clients to leave my site or would like them to return atomatically to my site after the payment was made.

Hope somebody could help with this questions, im just a newbie in all of this credit card stuff

Kind regards!

I dont know, ive heard some bad things about 2checkout lately like lost or late payments, them calling and monitoring your customers, etc. It seems the 3rd party world is going to crap lately so i would suggest a merchant account or paysystems.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

I know that 2checkout will tax you some % of every sales, do phpmanager have such charge?

and i heard that modernbilll is more porpular inside this forum, but the price is very expensive for a starting hoster, how well you think of phpmanager?
    Vince
    [email protected] :: MSN - juzthost :: ICQ - 51377777
    http://www.juzthosting.com :: Your Best Hosting Solution!