Is Namecheap a good choice for me?

Hi all,

I am a little upset because I host my forum and other sites on my friend's server who has dedicated server, but now he is closing his hosting business

My forum opens very fast with his servers but now I have to go to somewhere else, I just contacted Namecheap and asked if I can host my little-busy forum there or not on their shared hosting package.

They will reply me but I want to know your advices too about Namecheap. Is it good choice to host a VBulletin forum on shared hosting from Namecheap?

Or I should buy their Business Hosting Package?

I don't want to buy VPS or Dedicated Server because I don't have much knowledge of hosting and I have heard that VPS and Dedicated servers are very difficult to manage for person like me

Need your help please.
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround
    InspireFusion.com :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

If your forum is small I would recommend going with hostgator.

- Daniel

I would highly recommend ICDSoft.com - excellent service and excellent quality for the two years I used shared hosting - though you do have to pay in advance for one year. You'll have to look very hard to find negative reviews about this company.

I use Namecheap for domains, so I don't know about their hosting plans.

How busy if your forum? That way we can tell you if you need a VPS or a shared hosting is fine for you.

I suppose that you have logs information from the previous account.
    If you can share the usages with us that will be easier to recommend you something.

* You can check this also

you can check their hosting also..

They provide 24X7 support..almost zero downtime

bluelobs dot in

Quote Originally Posted by santy86 View Post

bluelobs dot in
    What domain are you hosting with them?

I host my domain with them, so far have no problem at all. but don't if their host service is good or not

I've not used Namecheap hosting before. However, it is my understanding that the systems and support personnel for domain registration and hosting are the same. I have used the Namecheap domain registration service on many cases (it is actually my registrar of choice now!), and I have always been very impressed with the quality of service. No trouble with errors, downtime, or rude/ignorant support reps ever!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

reviewman, you mean that you have registered a domain with Namecheap, but don't use their hosting services. Am I reading you correctly?

You can have a fairly active forum on shared hosting with no problems. A lot of what happens is, people run a bunch of mods and plugins, and sometimes they are poorly coded which causes the script to use a lot of server power.

Like other's have asked, how active is it, how many users do you normally have online? Also, do you run any plugins, or is it default?
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Quote Originally Posted by jani View Post
    Hi all,

I am a little upset because I host my forum and other sites on my friend's server who has dedicated server, but now he is closing his hosting business

My forum opens very fast with his servers but now I have to go to somewhere else, I just contacted Namecheap and asked if I can host my little-busy forum there or not on their shared hosting package.

They will reply me but I want to know your advices too about Namecheap. Is it good choice to host a VBulletin forum on shared hosting from Namecheap?

Or I should buy their Business Hosting Package?

I don't want to buy VPS or Dedicated Server because I don't have much knowledge of hosting and I have heard that VPS and Dedicated servers are very difficult to manage for person like me

Need your help please.
    If you are thinking of going with their business hosting package, I would highly recommend you think about going with a managed VPS from KnownHost. I was with namecheap, and they kept suspending a small, mostly static site for resource abuse (hauntedlights.com). Apparently a small WordPress site with caching and no suspect plugins (their own words), with less than 50 visitors a day was enough for them to recommend switching to business class.

But since I had such bad experiences with them, I chose to go with KnownHost (check out the VPS offers forum for their specials), and I got far far more for less money with one of their specials.

And KnownHost's support can't be beat. You don't really have to do anything to manage a VPS from them, since I hadn't a clue. It's very very easy. And KnownHost will transfer your forum for you, if you like. What's even better is they will help you with issues related to your forum software, if they can, not only with issues relating to the VPS.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long

If VPS is something a little more than you want either pricewise or whatever reason, I'd also look into semi-dedicated hosting. Honestly though, as long as the forum isn't super busy, you should be able to run it on shared hosting. Especially at a decent host.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

i think the reasonable way to do it is to get a shared hosting plan..with good bandwidth..plus upgradeable options on your bandwidth n space.... that way when your site reallie grows..u can easily upgrade your plan...
    █ █ Xyclone Hosting - Hosting Made Simple Tech Support On WHT: xyclonehost | nizyaf
    We Are New, That Is Why We Work Harder To Be Better.. STRICTLY NO OVERSELLING!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You Can Live Chat With Me NOW If I Am Online At WHT - Only IE Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by santy86 View Post

bluelobs dot in
    Yeah they look very trustworthy....

I would go hands down with jonesolutions.com

I have used them for years and still do, and run vbull sites there, not once was there a problem caused by them and many times they resolved the problems caused by me.