Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My review of Webcave hosting

I would like to tell you about Web Cave Web hosting. First off, I opened the first page and I was impressed with the nice layout and design. The prices look good, and there is a good support staff. I currently use the service and I am happy with the hosting. The admin is kind and helpful if you need help.
    The panel is Lxadmin, and the script installer Installapp has well over 100 scripts to it. The link is http://webcave.org.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good host.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community but be sure to keep us posted with an updated review in the near future and do verify your domain with the WHT staff by reporting your post.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks • All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates • 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

hmmm...their site states 2006-2009 but the domain was Created On:23-Apr-2008

using an ipb 1.3 forum with only 2 posts dated march this year.

still ...thanks and keep us informed.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 03-30-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

1.35$/month is lesser than other Hosting companies,but I haven't heard about Webcave so I probably would not comment on their credit-worthiness.

Webhosting-10.com
    Webhosting-10.com Is now a Google PR 6
    We're Looking for Advertisers on our site (Anyone Interested?)

Thanks for review
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Hey,
    Thanks for the great review I have spent the last few years experimenting with free clients and different panels, I think I finnaly got the combination right. I have been around since 2006-2007 area if you whois my other domain web-cave.net it's like July 2006 or 2007 don't renember. But I try to provide the best service possible at the best possible price as you know with this economy , I am new to the paid hosting biz but not the web hosting biz.

Sorry for gamatical errors posted from my phone
    Thanks
    Joey webcave owner

Edit looks like memory has served me wrong web-cave.net was created in June 07 I'll go head and fix that tommorow must be getting old ^_^

Thanks for all the kind comments
    Last edited by WebCave; 03-31-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Stosh,

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been with webcave?

2 weeks or so, no issues.

cool....

good luck.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

Interesting company name.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Interesting company name.
    I really like that name too! I am surprised the domain name was even open!

What is your domain name?

Why is webcave.org hosted on a cable connection?

$ host webcave.org
    webcave.org has address 71.62.168.160

$ host 71.62.168.160
    160.168.62.71.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer c-71-62-168-160.hsd1.va.comcast.net.

Quote Originally Posted by EditDNS-Tyler View Post
    Why is webcave.org hosted on a cable connection?

$ host webcave.org
    webcave.org has address 71.62.168.160

$ host 71.62.168.160
    160.168.62.71.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer c-71-62-168-160.hsd1.va.comcast.net.
    To add to this; webcave.org uses a free template without any 'credit' given to the creator. Lame.

WebCave -- I know you've been in this thread. I'm curious why you are running your hosting company off your DSL/Cable modem?

WebCave -- I know you've been in this thread. I'm curious why you are running your hosting company off your DSL/Cable modem?
    He's below his guaranteed uptime, too, if you check their server status page. Then again, at that price I don't really know what people expect.

Quote Originally Posted by citricsquid View Post
    To add to this; webcave.org uses a free template without any 'credit' given to the creator. Lame.
    i have seen this template and you have to pay for it the free version doesnt not require ccredits
    the site loads instantly for me. I would not care if he did aslong as its a fast and stable conncetion. some companys use 600+ dollar connections and just host about 100 people which is known for using less then a 10mbps connection if you get upload packages
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    i have seen this template and you have to pay for it the free version doesnt not require ccredits

the site loads instantly for me. I would not care if he did aslong as its a fast and stable conncetion. some companys use 600+ dollar connections and just host about 100 people which is known for using less then a 10mbps connection if you get upload packages
    - Would you trust your website on a cable connection? Knowing it will go down atleast once a week?

- Would you trust your website on non-UPS power?

- Would you trust your website on not dedicated AC units?

If so, please let me know, I'll setup a hosting company in my office and have you sign up.

However, 99.9% of people wouldn't dare trust it, if they do, it's because they don't know. Plus he's not even an adult, but that's a different story all together. There has been some successful kids running hosting companies but the majority of them die right away.

- Would you trust your website on a cable connection? Knowing it will go down atleast once a week?

- Would you trust your website on non-UPS power?

- Would you trust your website on not dedicated AC units?

If so, please let me know, I'll setup a hosting company in my office and have you sign up.

However, 99.9% of people wouldn't dare trust it, if they do, it's because they don't know. Plus he's not even an adult, but that's a different story all together. There has been some successful kids running hosting companies but the majority of them die right away.
    how do you know he doesnt have ups power how do you know he doesnt have ac units. how do you know it will go down once a week. I know a host that started from there basement with all of this and are growing rather large.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    how do you know he doesnt have ups power how do you know he doesnt have ac units. how do you know it will go down once a week. I know a host that started from there basement with all of this and are growing rather large.
    Answer my question. Would you trust someone that hosted their company on their cable connection?

What is your domain name?
    If you'd rather report it privately to the moderators, Stosh, use this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=5972361. We'll respect your privacy. Thanks!
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Answer my question. Would you trust someone that hosted their company on their cable connection?
    depends. my home computer with metrocast if you buy there servers you can get a 50mbps connection used for websites from your home. if he had that then yes. seeing is how one of my hosting dedicates only uses 10mbps tops and there are some big sites on there. I use a dedi though

The server is ran out of a residential area and currently all they have to offer around here is cable Verizon is working in the area and i dont go out once a week i have a whole room in my basement climate controlled and backup hardware the room is usually at 64F. but the cable is very reliable and ive been in hosting before. and yes i did use a template when i downloaded it there was just the commented out part in the HTML at the top that's it. we do have a UPS aswell.

The servers are on a different connection then my home.

and yes i was below my stated uptime it is now going up the reason being was the everydns.net outage a few weeks ago not my fault.
    Last edited by WebCave; 04-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.

While trying to run a web hosting business out of your basement may seem like a good idea initially, the end result may not be pretty.

From your whois data it shows Comcast Cable Communications is providing your bandwidth.

Comcast TOS / AUP policy (under Technical restrictions) prohibits running a web server.

use or run dedicated, stand-alone equipment or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises local area network (“Premises LAN”), also commonly referred to as public services or servers. Examples of prohibited equipment and servers include, but are not limited to, e-mail, Web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;
    If Comcast decides they don't like you running such equipment on their network, the will terminate your account.

dident know that well as soon as fios gets here im upgrading to there 20/20 biz package thanks for all the tips guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast