Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow WebReseller - Shall I chargeback?

Hi there,

I purchased a dedicated server from WebReseller on the 9th June, 2002. Setup was advertised as $99.95 on the site and order form, however they eventually invoiced and charged me for $149.95.

I sent them an e-mail and Leslie replied:
    "Plan was changed on site and order center, but not billing, you will be refunded $49.95 immediately."
    (me expects refund shortly )

I then cancelled my dedicated server about two weeks later on the 19th June, I sent Leslie another e-mail asking about the credit.
    "There was a $50.00 credit on your account that we will just refund instead now. " (hmm... what happened to immediately???)

However no refund ever materialized and as the last invoice shows they still owe me $50.
    08/11/02 Balance Forward -50.00
    (and yet again... as of 9th September, some two months later after refund was promised)

I have e-mailed both leslie@ and support@ twice over the past month via e-mail. In neither case did I receive a reply, not even an acknowledgement.

Just wondering what to do, should I just try to chargeback the full amount? I realise it's only $50.00 but failed promises and still no refund or even communication makes me feel hmm.. robbed?.
    MattF - Since the start..

I have been waiting since April for a refund so good luck, if you decide to wait be warned they like to just ignore you and pretend it never happened.

I think that after 6 months you can't do a charge back. Or something like that. Not sure myself, but I would do it sooner then later.

--
    Speckz

I had the same problem but with webhosting last year, it may not be a large amount of money but its the principal of the matter, i'd charge back today if i were you.

I agree with Speckz, after a while, it will be hard to do a chargeback. If you call your credit card company and explain the situation, provided you have full documentation of the stated expected refund, you should win this case. There is no need for a consumer to wait more than 30 weeks for a refund.

Do a chargeback, but don't get greedy. Just go for the $50 they owe you as you might loose the case for the full amount.

yea be honest being honest has got me outta stuff (like tickets, cops etc..) more than lieing so just do whats right

I would have given them 2 weeks tops for the "immediate" refund before I initiated a chargeback. Not just because of the 3 month burn out period, but because paper often gets "lost" through our bank, and we usually have to file things twice. Don't get me wrong. I think chargebacks are a last resort, but in this case, it doesn't look like you have any other options at all.

Chargeback. The cc companies will protect you.

Yeah I got a special from them from these boards.. advertised half price setup.. they charged me full price and I never ever have hada reply from leslie - They seem to ignore you alright.

1 solution, charge back

What do I have to do with this.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

The $49 would be extremely nice to have back.. it has cost them much more than that in lost business by not issuing that refund up to press.. think I'll get another server there?

What do I have to do with this?
    I presume you have quit/left/moved-on by that above statement. Either that or it seems to me that WebResellers' departments are disconnected/isolated and/or do not effect one another?

Please clarify... Confused.

I'd call them.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

With Webreseller's good reputation and previous participation in this forum, I would have thought they would have responded. Matt - even with teh time difference and all, I'd suggest one last phone call. I am sure they want to work it out and do the right thing.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

I have been using web reseller for a while and they have been good. I would email robert the owner, I am sure he will fix it for you.

We had the exact same thing happen a couple of times. Took us a while to get the credits we were owed, but we did get them and an apology for the delay.

I suggest emailing Leslie in accounts again and CCing it to Rob as well.

Best of luck
    Scott
    http://www.boinghosting.com.au
    put the boing back into your site

actually the limit is 60 days from the date of charge, not 6 months (well every card i have, debits and cards....)

60 days is based on the "Truth In Lending" law You have 60 days from the original STATEMENT date not charge date. However most CC companies will go longer than 60 days. as they are usually on your side. BTW there are other provisions of the TIL law that could stop your legal right to dispute a charge. For example, over 100 miles from home, amount less than $50, or (get this) if you've paid the amount already! If you've paid your CC bill off already, you don't have legal protection under the TIL law. But I don't know of a CC company that would deny it if you're in good standing with them.
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant

This person in particular was sent a refund check becuase he had negative credit balance.... And Monte, we are not going to start with you again, you know it was taken care of and verified...

Originally posted by webreseller
    This person in particular was sent a refund check becuase he had negative credit balance.... And Monte, we are not going to start with you again, you know it was taken care of and verified...
    B** S***

It was never taken care of and never verified even tho I have asked you over and over again to send me anything that shows the refund was issued, you have repeatable ignored my every request for verification. A quick search by anyone that cares will show that in every thread we have discussed this in I have pleaded with you to send me ANYTHING showing the refund was issued and offering to make a public apology if I am wrong. Everytime you have have said it is taken care of matter closed you will not discuss it.

I have come to grips with the fact that I will never get that verification or the refund but I will not forget nor will I just go away. Not as long as you lie about it and refuse to aknowledge it.

Originally posted by JBIZ718
    What do I have to do with this.
    I thought you worked for them in sales?

This person in particular was sent a refund check becuase he had negative credit balance.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see on the above because I have not received anything yet, or no e-mail stating the above.

Giving out client info? yeesh

Originally posted by webreseller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast