Thumbs down HostICan give their affiliate partner a wrong report, are they cheaters? [merged]

Hello everyone :

I just want to complain about HostICan.
    I am a affiliate partner of HostICan.
    From Jan.2009, they give me the wrong report about the sales on my file, the sales and commissions were alway be zero.....

I am a web designer, so I am very sure that my clients they signed up to HostICan from my site.
    When they signed up to HostICan, I was by their side.
    But there was still no sales and commissions showing on my file.

I have sent the tickets to them 5 times from Feb.2009, but they didn't reply me any.
    I ask them at the live chat, the person at live chat always told me that I have to create a ticket to their affiliate department.

HostICan....well...I think maybe he/she is cheater, or they have some problems with their financial affairs??

I live in Asia, I have no idea about this !! I think I have nothing can do !!

Or how should I do ??

My english is not good enough, thanks for your attention.
    If there are personnel of HostICan this forum,
    please reply me !!

Thanks
    From Chung

If they really are doing what you say they are doing there isn't much that you can do about it that I am aware of. My advice would be to find a more reputable affiliate program. CommissionJunction.com is a good place to find affiliate programs that you can be sure will pay out.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I ask them at the live chat, the person at live chat always told me that I have to create a ticket to their affiliate department.
    That seems like a pretty fair request. Did you submit a ticket?

When they signed up to HostICan, I was by their side.
    Hmm... maybe they did so from your computer? The hosting company would then have enough reason to suspect these to be invalid/fraud referrals.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    That seems like a pretty fair request. Did you submit a ticket?
    It seems you missed it.

I have sent the tickets to them 5 times from Feb.2009, but they didn't reply me any.

It seems you missed it.
    Yeah, that's what happens when you read multiple threads at the same time.

@ OP: Given their lack of replies to your multiple tickets, it's probably best to just move on and promote another host; unless you can afford to take Hostican to court.

I see that they have a forum: http://forum.hostican.com/. Maybe you can bring up your issue there, and ask for assistance as well as fellow affiliates advice.

well last i checked they did there affiliate through cookies? depending on the persons antivirus and browser it wont accept cookies and thust it cant tell if someone bought the service. Just a guess.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Yeah, that's what happens when you read multiple threads at the same time.
    Yes I know usually you never miss those details.

Try finding Dennis' email address and contact him directly. I've dealt with him in the past and he's typically very willing to help and make sure things are right. Check out and post on their community forums as well.
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

i think if they have been around for sometime, they may have their reasons for not responding fast enough. however, i believe this is a small matter (how much is your affiliate commission that was supposedly paid to you?).

in my opinion, if you are not happy, move on. plenty of other hosting companies around which you can be an affiliate of.
    █ █ Xyclone Hosting - Hosting Made Simple Tech Support On WHT: xyclonehost | nizyaf
    We Are New, That Is Why We Work Harder To Be Better.. STRICTLY NO OVERSELLING!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You Can Live Chat With Me NOW If I Am Online At WHT - Only IE Compatible

Hey guys!

Just for the record, thats not true. I am ALWAYS happy to work with any affiliate, on any subject. If there has been no reply, this normally means, that we (I) didn't get this request for assistance.

However, if you contact me directly at dmotova@hostican.com, I would be more then happy to get this issue sorted out with you.

We provide tracking on TWO levels, which is more then most affiliate programs do. One being an IP based tracking (in case the customer clears the cookies), and secondly cookie tracking (standard for the industry).

I would like additionally point out, that we also provide coupon tracking, so if a coupon code from another affiliate is used, the correct affiliate will receive the commission (this has worked wonders for our affiliates since it was enabled).

There is, no way, shape or form that we're trying to avoid paying commissions. Last month alone, we've paid out over 150k worth of commissions to affiliates, so let there be no dough in anyones mind, about the ability of HostICan to pay its commissions or for the getting commissions credited.

Again, I can't stress enough, that if you contact us (about a commission) problem, that we do our up most, to ensure that all commissions are paid and awarded correctly.

Thanks again everyone!

- Denis Motova
    (HIC) Affiliate Manager

Great reply Denis, glad to see Hostican taking the extra steps for affiliates!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

Thanks, Denis :

I am glad to see HostICan talking here.
    Almost one month pass, I sent the tickets about the problem and nobody replied me, but I posted the problem here, just one day, I got the reply from you!!

Well, I appreciate your attention.
    You could check the tickets I have sent to HostICan first:
    #GLV-853543,#WKS-855179,#UTX-421427....etc.

I think there were the informations with my affiliate account enough.

I have a forum on my site, many clients told me they signed up to HostICan from my site, and told me the domain name they had sign up.
    I don't know who they are ?? They are not my customers.
    So that, the ip issue, I think that's not the reason.

Of course, I have the right affiliate link, and I have my own coupon code.
    I didn't change anything on my site, and I have the correct report in January(maybe).

I don't think there is anything wrong if you give the incorrect report to me, or if these sales were not be tracking correctly is my problem.
    I want to express that, your service sucks....
    What's the attitude at your live chat? And why you didn't reply me my tickets??

If you think I am not a good affiliate partner, just tell me, I will remove your referral link from my site, even you don't give me the commissions that I think I should get.

I just angry about, you never reply me the tickets, and I will keep on giving more clients signup to HostICan, and I will not recieve the commissions ever......??

Dear Denis, my english is not good enough, and I appreciate your attention very well.

I will send this content to your email too, if I miss anything out, please tell me.

Thanks for you help
    Best Regards
    From Chung

Thanks for your post. I got the update from via email. I will be glad to work with you on this.

However, I would like to let you know that the "examples" that you sent me, are all either "refunded" or "fraud" or another affiliates "coupon" has been used. You have to refer good sales to be awarded to your as an affiliate. As you should already know, that referrals that cancel within 30 days or are found to be fraud will not be awarded to you.

I will be glad to continue this conversation in private. Either way, like I've always said, if the sales are good, the commission is ALWAYS awarded. We are a reputable host, and are known well in the industry for our honesty and transparency.

Thanks again!

Denis Motova
    (HIC) Affiliate Manager

yeap2..agree with dennis. in any case, there's always 2 sides of the story. and from how dennis replied and facing up to this issue explains alot of HostICAN's credibility. good job dennis.
    █ █ Xyclone Hosting - Hosting Made Simple Tech Support On WHT: xyclonehost | nizyaf
    We Are New, That Is Why We Work Harder To Be Better.. STRICTLY NO OVERSELLING!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You Can Live Chat With Me NOW If I Am Online At WHT - Only IE Compatible

Denis...thanks:

I have reply your email....

first....the case 1 in email is still alive, he use the coupon code on my file...he didn't refund.

second.... the case 2, he upgraded to your VPS plan, because you suspend his account...So?? that's will not be my sales ??

third...the case 3, he got Refund....I agree it.

I have give you other case, and I will give you more cases, if I knew...

But that is not the right answer,

I mean....
    I have a forum, I will tell then what's the good hosting plan to them.
    When somebody told me he/she have signed up to HostICan on my forum or MSN, but I never saw the commissions on my file...

Not remark as "Refunded", or "Fraud".....etc on my file.
    The report always be zero, nothing there.....

That's what I care about.

If I have referral someone to HostICan, I will recieve a report showing this case, and if this guy get refund, or Fraud is happen, or anything else, this report will be remove from my file, or be remark as "Refunded", or "Fraud".....etc.

Right??
    Does anybody agree that??

That's something wrong on your affiliate system!!
    Don't always showing "zero" to me.
    That's not the business of Refunded, or Fraud...!!

There's not 2 sides of the story....

Dear Denis...

the case 1 you told me he was refunded, the domain is j--star.com, he still alive now, who got your refund?? I don't understand.

the case 2, I think I could't showing his domain here(because that is a adult site),he sign up to your hosting plan, and upgrade to your VPS plan, so that's you mean "Fraud"?? I have no commissions by this case??

= ="
    I want to know how the report always showing zero on my file.
    that's all!!

If I have any question and submit a ticket to your department,
    please reply me, that's all.

Is it possible that I have to create a ticket on WHT forum, somebody will reply me???

That's really sucks...

And Dear Denis...

I just complain about HostICan, not you....
    You are a nice guy, and thanks for your reply and help!!

Thanks!

Best regards
    From Chung

That explains it.

If you have your client still hosted and you get a reply like.. "Refunded", it contradicts the system.

If they say anything instead of Refunded, there is nothing much one can do, and it can not be proved.

My 2 cents.
    Vijay | sales@indianets.com
    indianets.com - Serving successfully since 2007
    Cheapest Multiple C-Class IP Hosting by indianets.com
    Reliable servers | Top Notch Support | Stable

well...this is the email HostICan(Dennis) replied me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------Hey,

Thanks for your message:

1. pxxxxxxx-bbs.com(Adult site) - He may have told you one thing, but the account shows that its closed
    2. epicurism.net - Closed as well.
    3. idigo.net - This guy provided us with fake information, and we're holding this commission the 60 days before issuing it
    as its possibly fraud.

If its refunded / fraud, its automatically removed from your profile.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

In case 1 : He already upgraded to your VPS
    In case 2 : Yes, he was refunded
    In case 3 : That's a joke, this sales never be showing on my affiliate report, how could I know this is true, and this is not reasonable.

And how about the other case??

I provide 5 cases, why the numbers I could provide is 5?
    Because I am a affiliate website, I couldn't know everyone who signed up from my site.

Dear Dennis:

HostICan give a "Always zero" report to me, please tell me, how could I know how many sales I should have??

If somebody signed up to HostICan, and was refunded 25 days later, so I couldn't see any sales on my report between these 25 days?? That's what's you mean??

Are you kidding me?? The affiliate report of HostICan is not like this!!!!

This is a new sales yesterday, the 6th case:

Invoice Number Created On Due Date Amount Total Due
    20775 03/31/2009 04/02/2009 $45.40 $0.00
    Batch Date AuthRet AuthCode AVS TransID 03/31/2009 1 XXXXXX S 2368135416

Fine....Could you tell me how, or when... I could see this sales on my report???????

I provide you 6 cases, these case were signed up from Jan.2009 and I knew it.
    Please tell me, how many sales I lost in this period?????
    10...or 15.....or more!!!

HostICan give me "always zero" report, and never reply me my tickets, and then you tell me a unreasonable reason about these cases here, please tell me how shoud I do??

I have no idea about that!!!

I have more than 80 ~ 100 sales per month on my site for all companies now, I put HostICan on the ranking #5 on my site, but the sales of HostICan always be zero....

please tell me, should I put your affiliate link on my site??
    Your report is wrong, your service sucks, that's my feeling.

I just want to a correct report and a better service, is it difficult??????

Thanks for your patience.
    Best Regards
    From Chung

This is the reply email from HostICan :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,

Case #1 - He never upgraded, and he doesn't have a VPS.
    Case #2 - Solved

We have affiliates from China and Singapore that refer over 150 accounts
    per month to us, and I've never seen an issue with them.

However, I will keep an eye on your account.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Denis :

Case 1: His account was suspended, and your service dept. told him that he must upgrade to your VPS plan, but he want use coupon code, so he cancel his account, and sign up your VPS.
    I think I have no comment about this case....well, that's about your service and marketing.

Case 2: Solved???? solved what?????
    I still get the "always zero report" now. I don't understand.

And how about these cases :
    1. j--star.com
    2. idigo.net
    3.Invoice Number Created On Due Date Amount Total Due
    20775 03/31/2009 04/02/2009 $45.40 $0.00
    Batch Date AuthRet AuthCode AVS TransID
    03/31/2009 1 XXXXXX S 2368135416

Maybe you have affiliates from China and Singapore that refer over 150 accounts, but that is not my business.
    I just want to get a correct report on my file, is it very difficult???

These sales still not be showing on my report, whatever they was refunded, or active, or brabrabra.......
    They should be showing on my report, and not the "always zero" report now.

Your answer is not reasonable, and still not answer me the question :

"If somebody signed up to HostICan, and was refunded 25 days later, so I couldn't see any sales on my report between these 25 days?? That's what's you mean??"

That's a big joke!!!!!!

Maybe HostICan have to check that there were some problem of my coupon code???
    Or tell me why when these clients signed up, I could not see anything on my report????
    And the last, tell your boss, why HostICan didn't reply my tickets from Mar.2009????

Not like this, I have to provide these cases to you, and you answer me your reasons here.
    And how about the other sales I didn't know???

Well....That's what I want to express to you.

Don't give me the report always showing nothing !!!!!
    That's all.

Thanks for your patience.
    Best Regards
    From Chung

Thumbs down I am the affiliate partner of HostICan, they don't reply me again....suck??

10 days pass, HostICan didn't reply me again, suck.
    The sales report always be zero, I created tickets and didn't reply me.
    When I post this experience here, they start to contact with me.

There is my first post about HostICan http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...81#post5972481

They gave me a lots of suck reasons, didn't tell me what's wrong with my affiliate report, and didn't reply me again.
    I always didn't know how many sales I have lost.

well, I just want to express that, it's really a suck company(or service).

That's all.
    If there are personnel of HostICan this forum,
    please reply me again!!

Thanks
    From Chung

You could have just ask here if anyone from HostICan can contact you ....
    Community Manager @ Cloudflare
    I'm on Twitter too. DMs open.
    Passionate about photography.

Cookie stuffing is a possibility, some one else may be getting credited for your sales

That doesn't excuse them not replying to him at all......

Let's keep it all in the same thread, it's the same issue. Threads merged.

Dear idcdc:

Thanks!!

Maybe I just want to express my resentment again.

From Chung