Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* Customers looking POSITIVELY at what happened with FDC

Ok first, just want to say that personally I am very glad to be able to put that "Yipes" in my offers from now on.

Second, I have been in touch with the people that use the servers I have @ FDC for hosting and they are VERY exited that they can put that "Yipes" in their offers too now. It seems that this upgrade to a much better provider was worth the downtime.

Of course there are still bad moods but it is funny how 90% of all the bad mood disappeared when everything came online again.

As to this happening agian I can only say 100% sure that it will not. Of course will FDC be stricter then ever now but I actually have faith in Yipes. They need business and that is why they fight for it. They are not in the position where they can CHOOSE CLIENTS like Cogent.K.O. does.
    When I remember back to the days that NocSol used Yipes in another DC I remember spam etc incidents beeing worked out together with Yipes. NEVER was there ever a word of actually booting us. And why should they?

If you run a DC you rent a server to Person A who then rents it to Reseller B who rents it to Host C who rents space to HostReseller D who rents it to Customer D who has a sub account with PErson E who spams. Get the picture? YIPES KNOWS THAT. They will warn you and insist persistently on actions beeing taken but hey will not bust your balls or make you destroy businesses or even destroy yours...

'nuff said!
      0 Not allowed!

so... how long ya figure 'till they either go broke or boot all their $99/month clients using 2Mbps or more??
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by netdude
    so... how long ya figure 'till they either go broke or boot all their $99/month clients using 2Mbps or more??

The way I see it, they've got to be bringing in over $25k/month of revenue (being very relaxed on these figures, probably a lot more).

How much does a gig-e of Yipes run?
      0 Not allowed!

1) They got a VERY GOOD deal but I cannot reveal details, it is not as low as Cogent.K.O. of course but not as high as you might think

2) There is always a possibility to add providers that are cheap like Qwest, Internap, Exodus or even Aleron (50-80$/mbit)

3) FDCs network is less utilized then you think provided that all those 600GB/month+ deals are only utilized to an average of 100-150GB/month each. Ok profit will be lower but FDC just became more valueable due to bandwith from a premium provider. No more "ah it is Cogent " posts
      0 Not allowed!

$50-$80/Mbps on exodus... that'd b the day... LOL... can barely get verio that cheap in GigE's... lol

and mind you, this is paying upfront for an entire GigE... not just for what gets used...

and this is just like how they were going to bring in yipes for redundancy b4, right? lol

and nocsol... for your "i can not reveal details"... thats a funny one... petr can tell you all this highly confidential stuff, but nobody else can know... thats professionalism for ya... lol... i believe the last time i checked, yipes stated in their contract that the pricing information was confidential... i m not sure on that tho... haven't looked at one of those suckers in a while... afforablecolo.com/cbaker can clear this one up i bet...
    Last edited by netdude; 10-29-2002 at 08:32 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

o... the way i see it... the bigger sites (cuz no professional site gonna touch fdc) out there... that use a lotta bandwidth... well... all my friends on fdc (well, that were on fdc)... would have their sites hosted on other providers (for performance, quality, uptime, etc)... and have just the files on fdc... which would result in a few servers, with a lotta traffic... heh... (something i admittedly did too)... now... whats petr going to do about that? cap them all? (cuz we all know he caps... don't even try and deny that one nocsol)... and put up with their whining for a few weeks? or boot them?
      0 Not allowed!

$50-$80/Mbps on exodus... that'd b the day... LOL... can barely get verio that cheap in GigE's... lol
    1) The 50-80$ were meant for Aleron.
    2) You don't own a DC so you cannot really rant along about what prices are possible, with those who do/did like me. No offence!

and nocsol... for your "i can not reveal details"... thats a funny one... petr can tell you all this highly confidential stuff, but nobody else can know... thats professionalism for ya... lol... [/B]
    I work closely with Petr for a while now and now that Cogent.K.O. is gone I will Sell-like-Hell™
      0 Not allowed!

As to this happening agian I can only say 100% sure that it will not. Of course will FDC be stricter then ever now but I actually have faith in Yipes. They need business and that is why they fight for it. They are not in the position where they can CHOOSE CLIENTS like Cogent.K.O. does.
    FDC should have been tougher when they had Cogent. You don't see other hosts with Cogent gettting disconnected. We have been working with Cogent and they have been very easy and understanding.

So CogentXP is now Cogent.K.O?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RackMy.com
    FDC should have been tougher when they had Cogent. You don't see other hosts with Cogent gettting disconnected. We have been working with Cogent and they have been very easy and understanding.
    Well if you had any serious customer-base you would experience those problems too
      0 Not allowed!

Well if had any serious customer-base you would experience those problems too
    Actually we do and again we have had no problems
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

not these stupid flamewars again guys ...
    peace, love and harmony
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually we do and again we have had no problems
    Well if that was true then why do you say that "We have been working with Cogent and they have been very easy and understanding."?

Or on the other hand if it IS true how do you know that "they have been very easy and understanding."?

But let's leave the specualtions. Give me 2-3 URLs of people (hosts) that have servers with you and I will sign up with them and forward the info to the email of my booted spam-customer. Heh, I see the threads already "RackMy disconnected by Cogent"
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BiGWill
    not these stupid flamewars again guys ...
    peace, love and harmony
    Would love to but I am really sick of "Mike from RackMy" and his attacks against NocSol and everybody I happen to work with.

Instead of all of us teaming up against willful force against us we behave like little girls that fight over Brat Pit (myself included, not taking my tail out of it)
      0 Not allowed!

But let's leave the specualtions. Give me 2-3 URLs of people (hosts) that have servers with you and I will sign up with them and forward the info to the email of my booted spam-customer. Heh, I see the threads already "RackMy disconnected by Cogent"
    You make no sense.

I have never seen anyone else get "disconnected" from Cogent. As with any provider, if you poorly manage your network and allow people to violate the AUP over and over again you will get disconnect. Plain and simple!
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

You make no sense.

I have never seen anyone else get "disconnected" from Cogent. As with any provider, if you poorly manage your network and allow people to violate the AUP over and over again you will get disconnect. Plain and simple!
    It is NOT that simple. I am not arrogant enough to say that you are not experienced enough to judge that. You do not run a dead-cheap-DC like FDC. If you would you'd have hundreds of servers and with those the problems just like FDC.

And btw: I know a LOT of people that have problems with Cogent.K.O and/or were disconnected... mainly because they used their bandwith...

Look at the initial "FDC down" thread! Almost 40.000 views.... you see that they have a LOT of customers...
      0 Not allowed!

<SOAP BOX>

Guys! Can't we all be civil, and act like adults! There is no point in arguing. It accomplishes nothing.

</SOAP BOX>

Ok, now I feel better. That was my mature moment of the day.
      0 Not allowed!

If you would you'd have hundreds of servers and with those the problems just like FDC.

And btw: I know a LOT of people that have problems with Cogent.K.O and/or were disconnected... mainly because they used their bandwith...

Look at the initial "FDC down" thread! Almost 40.000 views.... you see that they have a LOT of customers...
    We do have hundreds of servers. What other hosts have been disconnected from Cogent? Just because there have been almost 40,000 views does not mean much. It just means that a lot of people are wanting to know whey they were disconnected.

BTW: Rackshack uses 650 + Mbps of Cogent BW and you don't seem them getting disconnected.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

We do have hundreds of servers. What other hosts have been disconnected from Cogent? Just because there have been almost 40,000 views does not mean much. It just means that a lot of people are wanting to know whey they were disconnected.

BTW: Rackshack uses 650 + Mbps of Cogent BW and you don't seem them getting disconnected.
    1) You do NOT have hundreds of servers

2) If you "know someone" in RackShack you will know that they had IMMENSE trouble wiht Cogent but, again, I cannot reveal anything further, sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

2) If you "know someone" in RackShack you will know that they had IMMENSE trouble wiht Cogent but, again, I cannot reveal anything further, sorry.
    1) Yes, we do have 100s of servers. If you like, I can point you to several customers who have seen them

2) Again, Rackshack has not had Cogent "disconnected"
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

Robert you are really doing yourself no favours arguing with a well respected and liked member such as Mike, considering the trouble you have given WHT in the past.

I assume in you're very blinkered approach you are still blaming Cogent for not wanting to get their IPs blacklisted?

Like Mike, I have not seen other datacenters that use Cogent get disconnected. It was purely FDC's carelessness. Care to point me to some other datacenters that got disconnected by Cogent?

Btw, I've seen Yipes prices that match / beat Cogent prices in Gig-E commitments.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NocSol

who are you to say they dont?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Robert you are really doing yourself no favours arguing with a well respected and liked member such as Mike, considering the trouble you have given WHT in the past.
    1) I argue with anyone I see fit.
    2) He is NOT respected by ME and that is all that matters to me, sorry but most people feel like this and just don't admit it. I do.

Like Mike, I have not seen other datacenters that use Cogent get disconnected. It was purely FDC's carelessness. Care to point me to some other datacenters that got disconnected by Cogent?
    [/B]
    I will ask the folks I know of if it is ok to reveal them and their issues with Cogent either publicly here or as an PM to you.
    It is perfectly ok to me that you have doubts, I would have too.

Btw, I've seen Yipes prices that match / beat Cogent prices in Gig-E commitments.
    [/B]
    Yep, me too
      0 Not allowed!

1) I argue with anyone I see fit.
    2) He is NOT respected by ME and that is all that matters to me, sorry but most people feel like this and just don't admit it. I do.
    Fair enough but an argument is one thing and a slandering match is another. I don't see how you can say how many servers RackMy hosts when you don't work for them and probably haven't ever seen their datacenter. Mike will see the servers each and every day at a guess.

I will ask the folks I know of if it is ok to reveal them and their issues with Cogent either publicly here or as an PM to you.
    It is perfectly ok to me that you have doubts, I would have too.
    Please do. I would be most interested. I would guess they would be pretty pissed off with Cogent so they wouldn't have any problems revealing their issues they had with them.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

sorry but most people feel like this and just don't admit it
    Why not set-up a poll?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!