blueHALO by InterLand

Hi,

I just saw an ad of blueHALO , a product of Interland.
    The ad tries me to believe that almost everything is pro-active (monitoring, reporting) and everything is as secured as possible by throwing loads of server into the solution.

However, the 10 GB traffic package costs only $16.95 dollar, just like any other quality hosting (who just use 1 server to host on). But they have a much more expensive solution. That is the thing I don't get. If they would have charged about $24.95 I would have believed it more.
    Call me a stupid customer thinking "when I pay more it is better", but I think this solution isn't as high-tech as they are claiming.

Has anyone used this service? Maybe I am just used to high prices (nothing comes cheap in the Netherland, especcially not quality ) and are my concerns not justified

Jacco

Edit: <sarcasm mode>I saw they even offer unlimited traffic. So unlimited traffic with super secured and highly proactive servers for just $42.95 (a higher package than the standard) p/m. Wow, these guys are great </sarcasm mode>

Maybe they can afford to give it at that price?
    Kaumil P.

I have used them when they were stil lhostpro, and things were great then, FAST network and super support.. less than 10 minutes on the average reply time.

Then they merged.. Now they are interland.. this is really a disaster. Support went from 10 minutes to 36 hours and the moment you go over their packages in terms of traffic i was suspended right away for 48 hours. and the only way they will reactiviate is if you upgrade and PAY first.

They may be the biggest in the world in terms of customers. But i'd settle for a medium sized host anyday.

To be fair: If they offer 10 GB.. be assured the bandwidth is good.

Originally posted by Xyptilon2
    I have used them when they were stil lhostpro, and things were great then, FAST network and super support.. less than 10 minutes on the average reply time.

Then they merged.. Now they are interland.. this is really a disaster. Support went from 10 minutes to 36 hours and the moment you go over their packages in terms of traffic i was suspended right away for 48 hours. and the only way they will reactiviate is if you upgrade and PAY first.

They may be the biggest in the world in terms of customers. But i'd settle for a medium sized host anyday.

To be fair: If they offer 10 GB.. be assured the bandwidth is good.
    Is Interland that bad? I also heard people not signing up with Dialtone just because they were aquired by Interland.

Then again, Interland is one of the biggest if not the biggest virtual host out there.
    Kaumil P.

I just found the catch: the $16.95 a month is for a 2 year contract and there's a $49.95 setup fee on all contracts (month to month or 2 year, doesn't make a difference). A month to month contract is $19.95 a month:

http://www.interland.com/products/pa.../?package=b100

Their package hasn't changed since I first started this back in 1997-8, its still is $19.95/mo. Wow!
    Kaumil P.

My local TV station (www.newschannel5.com) uses Interland's W2K IIS hosting. They changed from Yahoo to Interland in August of this year. I can't find any host as fast as this. However, who knows what plan they bought because Interland has so many, accelerator, etc..

See-eye-host is fast too, but they have a bad reputation.

I guess if you don't need any support, these hosts would be great.