hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : This guy started coding PHP 25 years ago ! WOW !

Forum Jump

This guy started coding PHP 25 years ago ! WOW !

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
WHT Addict

This guy started coding PHP 25 years ago ! WOW !

While looking for someone who could help me with getting some PHP work done, I found this guy which claims he started coding 25 years ago !
Too bad for him that PHP was introduced in 1995, which is just 14 years ago.. wicked ! Moreover, if you're just 17 years old, having 25 years of experience is quite a record if you ask me !

Screenshot from MSN log:
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zlaebq.png

My advise is, if you ever need to get some php work done, hire this guy ! You can go wrong with all those years of experience

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Wow, that's... just... dumb... He should at least have done research into PHP to make sure that he know's what he's talking about .

I started programming PHP in '01, it's changed a lot since then, I wonder how much it's changed since before computers and the internet became mainstream

Old

I really get love with php programming since a long time ago. But I have confused to this language...please give me a lesson.

Sponsored Links
Old
Just me

Maybe it was a simple mistake? Maybe he's been doing programming for 25 years in the medical field. It happens, people make mistakes you know.

Then again, maybe he's been using C for 25 years (I have no idea how long it's been out, so who cares if I'm wrong ), in which case, the language is pretty much the same. There are differences, but the two are very easily compared.

Personally, I've been working with various languages myself for close to 30 years now. I find it hard to remember when I started what language, what project, etc. Yeah, 25 years is an exaggeration for him, but maybe he got started with medical programming 25 years ago.

Old
Retarded Noodleator

Damn Rasmus!
He stole the whole thing from this guy!

Old
working on it

He is Rasmus in an earlier life coding in the future

If you dont believe in reincarnation and time travel is it his problem ?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Maybe he feels as if he's been programming for 25 years. I know after long nights of trouble shooting and sleepy mistakes. I feel like I've programmed for ever..

But then again...

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Wow he was caught bad. What did you tell him after though?

Old

We seem to get a lot of this where I work when we hire people, though I must admit, not 25 years. I have caught out a number of people by asking them what version was out when they started in PHP, it quite often trips them up.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
[...]

Then again, maybe he's been using C for 25 years (I have no idea how long it's been out, so who cares if I'm wrong ), in which case, the language is pretty much the same. There are differences, but the two are very easily compared.

[...]
The guy is 17

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "I was a UNIX admin for 15 years! Now how do I use this SSH thing again?" I'd be rich.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Apperently he is a "top coder in the UK".

Last time I worked with a self-proclaimed "top coder", it was an interesting experience ... :-)

The company was short of staff for one project, so two guys who were the company's "top coders" were brought it; and we also took on two trainees, who (IIRC) I gave a programming course for.

Some time later the trainees were doing real work; and there was a bug in one of the "top coders" programs. The "top coder" explained to the Software Director that it was impossible for the code to work properly on the particular hardware we had, as there was not have enough memory.

After days of argument, the software director gave up; eventually he assigned the job of fixing the program to one of the junior programmers ... who fixed it fine.

Top coder Paul Luper, where are you now?

Old
Temporarily Suspended

interesting story, tim2718281! Ever heard back from him/them?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2718281 View Post

Top coder Paul Luper, where are you now?
Dissecting your jr programmer.

Cloud VPS Hosting

Old
Corporate Member

Whoa! Did he travel back in time?

Check out our Managed Dedicated Server Special Deals!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
The Story of PHP and Joomla!: WHD.global 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-04-01 10:33:59
Cloudmeter Survey Shows Most IT Solutions Fail to Capture Critical Customer Data Web Hosting News 2013-08-29 12:24:20
Linode Mitigates DDoS Attack on Linode Manager Web Hosting News 2013-08-06 14:46:48
How IBM's Acquisition of SoftLayer Fits into its Enterprise Cloud Strategy Blog 2013-06-04 17:24:06
CDNify Launches to Serve Startup Content Delivery Needs Web Hosting News 2013-04-22 11:41:14