Cancellation not a nightmare yet but might be.

I have moved hosts (See http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=74910 for why I moved) and am trying to get a refund on my unused months of yearly paid hosting. The host states in their terms of service that unused months will be refunded. However...

The cancellation form doesn't appear to work so I raised a help desk report after about a week. 13 days later no-one can seem to help me and I'm no closer to getting a refund. (So I've cancelled another account but that's probably going to be drawn out as well).

The host uses helpdesk for correspondence and answers it but that isn't getting me any closer to my refund.

Is 13 days a bit long to sort out a refund? Do I have any options to speed up the resolution?

hi sims,
    do they have a phone number? If so, give them a shout, and I mean a shout lol. No just kidding, if they do have a number, give them a buzz and see what they have to say and see what is being done about the situation.
    If they dont have a phone contact, keep nagging them via email and if they still dont answer/refund you, I suggest spreading the word that they are a lieing company who dont stick to their own rules.
    13 days is unacceptable, but hey, they might have a legitimate excuse.
    I hope it works out, if it doesn't, post here again and let us know.
    best wishes
    - Ross
    For quality hosting at a quality datacenter - www.ultralogic.net
    [email protected]

When I asked for a refund from edgehost earlier this month it took about a week and a half to finally get it, but they were dealing with router problems and such and in the end I was taken care of fine.

So maybe they have something else going on, but even then, they should e-mail you with SOME kind of information after 13 days, even if it is just to say, well get right on it as soon as we can, you will still be refunded everything you are supposed to when get to it, or something ya know.

Good luck.

I looked through the helpdesk calls again and the heldesk person is trying to contact the owner to see if she can help (their business has grown by leaps and bounds so systems have changed over time). This was two and a half days ago so I should probably wait a bit longer to see what happens.

This helplessness I have over this problem does show the hazards of dealing with a company in another country without a phone contact. My new host doesn't have this problem so that lesson has been learned.