new fdc servers slow...!!!!

i am transfering content at 80KB/sec... wtf is up with that bullsh*t? from fdc to unitedcolo... ... ... !?! i was getting 900KB+/sec b4... but i guess either the clients that use fdc for downloads only have relinked their files... or there are a hella lotta clients moving their data, which is bogging down their yipes feed... hence... they must not have much b/w from yipes...

i mean... i know unitedcolo is fine... n i have 4 more servers to transfer over... this is gonna take too bloody long... ERRR... atleast unitedcolo is decent on their pricing... $299/month for 10Mbps... not bad... i was getting absolute bullsh*t speeds on petr's guaranteed service b4...

also... petr... why the hell doesn't he just get his main site up with a notice on whats going on...!?! i mean... consider the clients that don't know of WHT... they haven't got a clue whats going on (theres gotta b atleast a handful)!
    Last edited by netdude; 10-30-2002 at 04:54 AM.

netdude,

tone it down. read the forum rules, they specifically state that you may not be rude and verbally or otherwise abusive.

as to the substance of the matter, obviously you would get higher speeds from a cogent box to a cogent box (same fiber, doesnt go through a peering point) than from a cogent box to a yipes box.

think first, post later.

cheers,
    paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

oh... can't forget the 2Mbps caps on the unmetered service... while they were on cogent...! i m just wondering what their caps will be like on yipes... heh... but i must admit, there are some other servers that were just capped at 10Mbps instead... on the cheap shared servers... which was very generous...

no slow, working fine

i dunno man

i m gettin' great speeds from ftp.icq.com downstream... on the fdc box... but upstream... slow for me... maybe on some different segment of his network or something... but its slow... and really bloody annoying... <1Mbps throughput... ~850Kbps actually... and i gotta transfer ~37GB per server... times 6 servers... at that speed... it sucks... !

Originally posted by netdude
    i dunno man

i m gettin' great speeds from ftp.icq.com downstream... on the fdc box... but upstream... slow for me... maybe on some different segment of his network or something... but its slow... and really bloody annoying... <1Mbps throughput... ~850Kbps actually... and i gotta transfer ~37GB per server... times 6 servers... at that speed... it sucks... !
    Are you moving out?? That could take up sometime.

I don't think that many people are leaving FDC. I just think they are all backupping their data anyway.

dude... everybody i know (generally the ones who care about their businesses) are leaving... any intelligent person would... plain and simple!

the only reason me and my friends had stayed was because of the high bandwidth allowances (relatively speaking) for low prices... if it hadn't been, i wouldn't have stayed in the first place... that and petr's continual promises to improve the network (which never happened)... ... ...

btw... i wouldn't trust my sites on that sh*t network... only the files themselves... u think i regard my business that poorly? not in a million years... raw downloads that members don't pay extra for, thats what i had on there... heh... and not warez if thats what ur thinking, nocsol...

n maybe a few client's boxes... clients that i offered a better solution to, but didn't care to spend the few measly dollars to get quality... well... they are paying now... and regreting they ever went with FDC in the first place...

dude... everybody i know (generally the ones who care about their businesses) are leaving... any intelligent person would... plain and simple!

the only reason me and my friends had stayed was because of the high bandwidth allowances (relatively speaking) for low prices... if it hadn't been, i wouldn't have stayed in the first place... that and petr's continual promises to improve the network (which never happened)... ... ...
    (net)dude... nobody i know (generally the ones who care about their businesses) are leaving... no intelligent person would now that FDC got Yipes and the value of the packages improved therefore thus beeing the same $... plain and simple!

And the networ DID improve several times. But that is just me. YOU on the other hand have managed oh so many DCs, how old are you really?, so you should know better :nods to the netdude:

btw... i wouldn't trust my sites on that sh*t network... only the files themselves... u think i regard my business that poorly? not in a million years... raw downloads that members don't pay extra for, thats what i had on there... heh... and not warez if thats what ur thinking, nocsol...

n maybe a few client's boxes... clients that i offered a better solution to, but didn't care to spend the few measly dollars to get quality... well... they are paying now... and regreting they ever went with FDC in the first place...
    Well their (sh*t) network is surely 100.00% better then your multi million dollar Exodus-based NetDude Inc. which doesn't even exist yet (and never will).

You come here, bash Cogent and everyone using it thus self promoting your Rockefeller-Business and are now pissed by FDC who were not only using Cogent but ONLY Cogent.

BTW: I didn't think about Warez and what exactly IS your "business"?

Anyway, who am I to argue with the 10-millon -dollar-man... tell the President I said "Hi" when you have your daily dinner in the White House and take your 5.5 million off Wall Street, I heard the shares you bought are going to drop these days

gimme a few examples of "improvement"... i've got clients that have paid literally thousands in service fees to fdc directly... for things like hardware upgrades and remote reboot ports and access to the switch to be able to get snmp statistics... well... needless to say, these were in the last 2 months... well within the 60-day period for CC chargebacks... and due to the poor service they've personally seen, they're doing a chargeback on all of it... is that proof enough of the bullsh*t that petr provides?

i had to pay for hard drives to be shipped from the datacenter to myself... petr charged my credit card on the 19th... i have yet to see those drives... and that was shipped from chicago to washington... whats so special about me paying for the hard drives? these are the drives i bought from him b4 because the HDs he provided were not enough... ! fortunately, it came up on my credit card as a payment to kingcomp, a hardware business... so bullsh*t about me buying an "upgrade" just won't fly... in addition to the emails... i'll surely be providing a thread on here in the near future about my ENTIRE history with fdc... fortunately, i don't delete ANY emails... i won't pick and choose what i post neither... i'll have a URL with the entire history of emails... both sides of the arguments (if you can call it that)... so petr can't run around and claim i was "only saying one side of the story"...

so... i've got about 7 servers which are done (transfering/etc)... 2 that had hard drives shipped... and 6 more that need to be transfered... and i have a few other friends/clients that i'm moving over...

why would my age be pertinent to this situation? or my management experience? this thread has nothing to do with that.

btw... dude... about my own plans... for those that know me, as incredibly brilliant as i may be, i am also incredibly lazy... in the dot-com hayday, i was zippin' around in my cute little ferrari and all... now... i'm stuck with a jeep... but what my clients will say... is: i'm hella stubborn, too stubborn for my own good... and... i always put the customer first... so that settles that... but i will eventually get around to it... i guess i'm just primarily waiting for blade technology to have slightly more powerful units while still maintaining density... cuz with companies like unitedcolo in this marketplace, its getting harder and harder... heh

heh

<<<snip>>>
    Ok read the entire thing and ok. I will keep neutral on this and will be open minded to (real, non sarcastic) discussion.

As to your agae etc. I haven't said anything about that - don't even know your age actually, heh - mine is 26 btw

btw... dude... about my own plans... for those that know me, as incredibly brilliant as i may be, i am also incredibly lazy... in the dot-com hayday, i was zippin' around in my cute little ferrari and all... now... i'm stuck with a jeep... but what my clients will say... is: i'm hella stubborn, too stubborn for my own good... and... i always put the customer first... so that settles that... but i will eventually get around to it... i guess i'm just primarily waiting for blade technology to have slightly more powerful units while still maintaining density... cuz with companies like unitedcolo in this marketplace, its getting harder and harder... heh

heh
    Well tell you the truth: If I ever opposed you in this matter, it was due to the WAY you promoted your upcoming business and nothing else. Also I have to admit that it is an old story by now and it shouldn't be rubbed in your face al lthe time

On a personal note I would REALLY like to see you open up some place worthy and hell, if your services are good, you don't have to be cheap, I will even become a customer. And I mean that!

Netdude is the king of the ellipsis.

That is all.

Right now my server is upping at about 8.5 mbps . Seems fine to me.