Question Secondary MX with spam filtering?

Not strictly hosting but I'm hoping someone may be able to help or offer some pointers.

I'm looking for somewhere that will provide a secondary MX service with some form of spam filtering that tags, rather than bounces suspect spam.

Not wishing to sound cheap (which I guess I am being) but I don't really want to pay a lot as it won't be needed enough to justify spending too much - the best I've found so far is around $40 with a company that will do spamassassin filtering on all mail received, and tag spam, but they won't dequeue mail automatically, we'd have to kickoff a transfer using ETRN.

Usage would be very light, our onsite mailserver is there like 99.9% of the time, so barring when someone digs through our comms cables every few months it'd really just be for peace of mind, and would mean accepting on average 25-30 small messages a day that're mostly spam (the spammers go for the backup MX as it'll get let in through our primary MX's DNSBL program).

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Any CPanel-based host should be able to offer SpamAssassin.

Originally posted by YoHost
    Any CPanel-based host should be able to offer SpamAssassin.
    I'm not really sure what that means though (CPanel Host)?

Probably showing my web-hosting naivety here, but there's *so* many hosting companies out there I can't really email them all to see if they do what I want (bearing in mind I don't want any web space or anything of that nature) - I was hoping someone here uses such a service and could reccomend supplier X?

Paul
    Last edited by hutchingsp; 10-30-2002 at 04:21 AM.

One trick that some admins use is to set their tertiary MX to be the same as their primary MX. Spamware in use now that uses that secondary trick typically picks the last one in line, and so they will end up sending to your tertiary, which is really your primary. But if your primary really is down, legitimate emailers will send to your real secondary.

Originally posted by trif
    One trick that some admins use is to set their tertiary MX to be the same as their primary MX.
    Already tried that - the b*****ds ignored it :-)

Originally posted by hutchingsp
    I'm not really sure what that means though (CPanel Host)?
    CPanel is a popular server administration software that is used by many hosts, including myself. CPanel has SpamAssassin built-in, so any host that uses CPanel should be able to provide SpamAssassin for you.