Arrow osCommerce any one ?

Hello every one

I have a customer who wants to install osCOmmerce for them selves and their clients,

What i want to know is will there be any problem if he installs it or will it have problem to exist along with Interchange.

any comments ?

Thanks/-

OsCommerce is a really good script. We have already installed it for a couple of customers and they are ok with it. I don't think that oscommerce has problems live in an account that interchange is also installed (but...just forget interchange..too much trouble for what it does).

So, does that mean we have to install the script individually for a customer / domain, or do i have to just intall it as it is on the server and every customer can use it as and when required ? and any good HOW-TO will be really appreciable.

coz i have never installed osCommerce and m still wondering how does one administer it after doing the installation,

any isights please as to how i go about all this ?

Thanks

You can install OSCommerce on the user account. It does not run on the server level like for example Interchange.

Just go to www.oscommerce.com and see the docs and forum for installation. It is very simple, just untar the package on the server and run the install program.
    Providing YOUR Internet Action!

www.addaction.net

Thanks addaction !!!

It was really a confusion initially, when i heard about oscommerce, But now after going through the docs, Its all Clear.

I initially thought it was a server based installation. If any one else need the the documentation here is where u can get it.

http://www.oscdox.com/modules.php?op...download&cid=1

Enjoy !!!!

OSCommerce is a great program. We host many sites that use it and never have any problems with it.

www.addaction.net

Can ocommerce be used with WorldPay anyone?

Thanks

Yes, there is a payment module for Worldpay, check the OSCommerce site and look under the contributions. http://oscommerce.com

www.addaction.net

OSCommerce is the best free miva like program I have found. and yes it can be configured to work with just about any pay system out thier.

A client we have has configured it to work with his 2checkout.com system and we understand ( I have not looked at my clients site ) that it will work with paypal also.

will it work with world pay? i think it should, the FAQ from worldpay should have some code that is compatable with miva, So using that example you should be able to deduce the right configuration to make it work on OSCommerce.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.