bad ass affiliate program

I've found the ultimate in affiliate programs for hosting companies. Does anyone know of any others that offer such a deal. www.lunarpages.com $40 bucks for a good service to boot. They got 7.95 for 20 gig transfer and 300 mb storage. Fair enough deal but the affiliate program rocks. What other hosting companies offer this type of deal?
    Last edited by Chicken; 10-29-2002 at 10:38 AM.

yes i found it. and yes i would like to work for them.lol what are some that give monthly residuals?

So in other words, your reply :
    I would think a monthly residual plan is worth much more than a one time payout. Even if the one time payout is high.
    is pointless. If the one payout is high and no others offer a residual, which is better?

Actually, it is not pointless. It means that maybe YOU should look for a program that pays residuals. I sell merchant accounts right now and I pay all of my agents bonuses for signing up accounts PLUS monthly residuals.

I do not resell hosting, but if you want to, I don't think it's MY job to search the web for a monthly residual plan that you can join. I was simply stating that you would make more money with monthly residuals than a one time payout.

Plus, when you first made this post the URL of that company was in your signature (and it's no longer there)...so that led me to speculate that you may have some ties to the company that you "found". I have no idea if you work there, or own it, or not...that is why I asked.

I don't like to spread speculation around these boards so I asked you straight up if you work there or if you just found it. Since you said you found it I suggest that you keep looking.

Will do. Thanks.

My hosting company offers residual...

we give 50% of first month package rate up front, then 10% recurring!!!
    Once you have 10 accounts your recurring moves up to 15%
    25 accounts your recurring is 20%
    50+ accounts your recurring is 25%

So companies do offer recurring... if you are interested in doing this type of thing, you should check out the job offers forum as there are lots of companies looking for "sales reps".

There you go.

I was also going to tell you that most hosting companies do offer monthly residuals, but only when you function as a reseller and not just giving referrals. I think the reason it is like this is that most hosting companies that you find on this board don't charge enough money per month to afford any type of ongoing residual plan.

I have never checked out FalGra's company, but you should. That type of payout structure is equal to what most companies would be paying their sales reps. You should PM FalGra and check them out.

One of the reasons I told you to keep looking was that a company who offers a $40 payout for referral of a $7.95/month hosting account may not be doing it for long. It will take 5 1/3 months for this company to recover what they paid you from that account when you include their credit card fees alone. If you include the actual costs of them providing the account such as server rental and employee salaries to get their actual profit per month per account, it may take them 2 years to clear $40 off of that account. And they also have a second teir that can make their payout $45/referral, but we won't go there. I don't see how they can do it.

If (and I'm not saying that they are, but if) they buy the cheapest dedicated server that they can, oversell all the resources to death, buy the cheapest single provider bandwidth on the market, have no 800 number for support, have no backups or contingency plan, and run the whole show with one person just to make a decent profit every month.....is that the type of provider you really want to refer people to???

This doesn't even take in to account the possibility of them losing money from fraud. How many people do you think will send them referrals of all their friends who pay $7.95 for the first months hosting and then cancel so that they are up $32.05/per referral.

I don't know if they have any fraud measures in place, but I checked out their site and the terms of service you agree to when you sign up to be an affiliate say NOTHING about correct conduct as an affiliate or when and how you get paid. Their forum only has one question from a new affiliate about that info and it has not been answered, so that was no help either.

The only thing I saw that would protect them from you telling everyone on this board "hey, if you sign up for a $7.95/month account and cancel right away I can send you $25 through pay pal for helping me out" is that they require you to give 45 days notice for cancelations. All this means is that your freinds would have to pay $15.90 for the hosting and you guys could split the other $24.10.
    Last edited by 7out; 10-30-2002 at 11:35 PM.

very good points but, you pay setup fees if you do not get one year of service. I wonder the same thing though even if you pay 25 setup and 8 bucks a month it takes themn a while to get their profit out of it? we'll see i sold three already? They said they pay on the 5th through the tenth so i'll find out. I just got excited cause its the first time i made money off the web other than doing sites for folks. Thanks for the info though. I looked at his site but i'm just not sure how i am going to setup a page that i can make money from referrals from. What type of service will i provide to get customers into the site to click their ads? i'm currently thinking about it. The adult industry looks like it ight be a good place to start but i'm just nt to sure about that.

Getting people to come to your site is the hard part. Does he sell adult hosting, or was that just a seperate thought about starting with the adult industry? Not everyone hosts adult content. I will send you some info on merchant accounts tomorrow.

they are not doing adult anymore it was a seperate thought. Thanks for the info