hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Programming Discussion : is there anyone who know how to set up paid for web email?

Forum Jump

is there anyone who know how to set up paid for web email?

Reply Post New Thread In Programming Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2002, 12:59 AM
Disabled

is there anyone who know how to set up paid for web email?

I have a website that I want to put a paid for email service on. People go to the site, sign up for an email account and pay for a year. I have NO idea what I need to be able to do this. Does anyone know?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2002, 01:07 AM
Soldier, Author and Patriot

easiest way I know is to have a reseller account and sign them up for a site with a custom skin that only allows email access. You can do this with Cpanel pretty easily.

Old 10-29-2002, 01:10 AM
Disabled

Sorry for not being clear in my first post. I want something like yahoo mail on a site I have.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Soldier, Author and Patriot

you could do something like that with a reseller account. they would be given access through your website to a website account that actually doesn't allow websites, just email only. I had that option a while back for a beginner account for people that just wanted a name and no site. You just put a login and password form on your site for them to access instead of letting them into Cpanel, if you don't want them to do anything else with it.

There may be other ways tho.

Old 10-29-2002, 01:44 AM
Disabled

I need to be able to charge for each email address at the same domain, not per domain.

Old 10-29-2002, 05:44 AM

maybe this will help

Visnetic MailServer with WebMail (deerfield.com) will allow new users to sign up. It is very very simple. It will NOT, however, allow the users pay and keep track of all that sort of thing. It just allows the user to sign-up, instantly gives them an email account and that's it. You would have to integrate your own sort of payment system.

Remeber though, once installed, you have to log in the web interface as the admin account and enable the signup process and set the default domain (if you have more than one) to let the user sign up under. I think you can allow them to select from a list of domains too.

for what it's worth, once installed, self.html is the file that lets the user register. you can customize many aspects of how all that works with your own html code and scripts.

good luck!

-Martin

Old 10-29-2002, 06:15 AM

Obviously you are going to needed unlimited pop mail accounts. There are a few scripts floating around but I am not familiary with any. Sorry I could be any more help.

Old 10-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Disabled

I found a service where I can purchase the mailboxes and resell them. They have integrated billing and everything so I think im just going to do that.

Old 10-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

2checkout.com

I wrote a script and to keep track of accounts. i didn't find anything out there to do it either. so i had to write it myself

John

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Melbourne IT Completes Acquisition of Netregistry Web Hosting News 2014-03-31 04:37:11
Cloudmark Shares Strategies to Avoid Email Blacklisting, Improve Deliverability Blog 2013-05-31 14:57:24
Super Charge Your Trial Program Blog 2013-05-16 09:48:11
eleven Email Security Report Finds European Countries Top Spam Senders in October, November Web Hosting News 2012-12-13 10:05:37
Atmail Email Tools Get Boost from $2 Million Investment in Growth Web Hosting News 2012-11-21 14:25:41