Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LOL what a joke: Blatant site stealing.

wow... that's not even KINDA different. lol I'm assuming intruity had it first?

serverrack.net is the more professional looking site, I would have thought they would have had the design first.

I assume intrutity only because it was listed first. I have no idea which one. lol

No, I designed serverrack.net so i know it was first..

the side menus in the subpages of intruity and and that animated gif with the logos is also mine. hehe

the funniest part is how they imitated the flash piece.

If I were you, I'd be flattered that someone "tried" to copy your design.

maybe my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, sure, I see similarities like the location of the flash and the background image is the same (and I've seen that on many sites), but other than that I don't see any "blatant site stealing"
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

Well i must say, im not really one for shouting 'ripped' as alot of hosting websites look the same to me anyway, however that is deffinately a rip no doubts about it.

Originally posted by anantatman
    No, I designed serverrack.net so i know it was first..

Don't worry, it is very obvious yours is the original. It is a MUCH more professional looking design.

It's actually funny... I clicked serverrack.net first, and though "hmmm... I like that design". Then clicked intruity and was like "Oh my god that's ugly" hehe....

lol why do ppl steal designs lol thats just sad. it ruins your companies reputation once your caught.

They are both ugly.

Originally posted by mpope

It's actually funny... I clicked serverrack.net first, and though "hmmm... I like that design". Then clicked intruity and was like "Oh my god that's ugly" hehe....

If you read this whole post, you know that the person that designed the orignal was reading this... even if you think it's ugly, it's better to keep that to yourself than being rude and saying you think its ugly.

But of course, he must be the greatest designer of all :

http://www.mocdesigns.com/portfolio/

He must be the master of typography, color usage, and graphic design. Why else would he be so blunt if he was not so sure of his apparent genius in this field.

I'm truly honored to receive such criticism from a great artist!

Hehe.

The overall design looks similar but isn't an exact copy. Like someone already mentioned, consider his "inspired" design approach a compliment to your original work.

Just a thought....

Has anyone tried to contact www.intruity.com? Perhaps it would be best to at least give him a chance to defend him/herself....

Originally posted by GoLions
    Just a thought....

Has anyone tried to contact www.intruity.com? Perhaps it would be best to at least give him a chance to defend him/herself....
    But that would defeat the purpose of WHT, I mean 75% of people Just point fingers and call each other names.

They are similer, but not a direct rip.. So someone Looked at you layout and thought it was cool.. So what??

They Imitaed a few apperance pieces, I really don't think anyone is going to confuse the 2 sites..

I would be grateful of course if they were "inspired."

I suggest you look in the body tag of the code of intruity.com

"<BODY text=#000000 bgColor=#666699
    background=images/layout/layout_background.gif
    tracingsrc="/images/serverrack_primary_big.gif">"

Here's what else seems to be copied:

Other HTML
    Background Images
    JavaScript Code
    CSS files
    Right Sub Nav, Sub Nav Elements..

Imitating is fine. Being inspired is fine. But actually copying it is whole another thing.

I just thought it would be "courteous" to at least let intruity.com know what people are saying about their site. One of the things they do is web design, and accusing them of stealing a design could hurt their reputation. If they DID steal, then perhaps that's what they deserve.... but if they didn't.....

I'm not an advocate for intruity.com at all..... just trying to stick up for someone who'snot here to defend themselves

I hate to go against WHT protocol....

I would be grateful of course if they were "inspired."

I suggest you look in the body tag of the code of intruity.com

"<BODY text=#000000 bgColor=#666699
    background=images/layout/layout_background.gif
    tracingsrc="/images/serverrack_primary_big.gif">"

Copying the HTML straight is what I'm not too keen about.
    I didn't look at the source code.

Not too smart, eh?

Ha, I was more making fun of the thread rather than your work.

But of course, he must be the greatest designer of all :

http://www.mocdesigns.com/portfolio/

He must be the master of typography, color usage, and graphic design. Why else would he be so blunt if he was not so sure of his apparent genius in this field.

I'm truly honored to receive such criticism from a great artist!

Hehe.

From the Intruity site: Copyright © 2001 Intruity, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Although maybe Intruity hired a "designer" who ripped off anantatman without them knowing. Still doesn't make it right but maybe they'll change it.

very nice.. is that "media temple" in the muchstylez site, the media temple? if so i'm seriously dissapointed.

I am predicting the the aleged offender shows up and says one of the following:
    - I hired it out, and the 'designer' ripped me off. (never questioning why the images names all start with "serverrack_")
    - It was only a test page, and wasn't supposed to be open to the public, yet.
    - I liked his site, and was designing one insired by his, but accidently uploaded his, instead of mine.
    All followed by a insincere apology.

Same old story from lazy asses. I'd rather have my site look like crap than rip sombody elses. In fact, I have one crappy looking one right now, But it is all mine damn it!
    (for the record, I do have a couple of fairly decent ones too, and they all all mine as well)
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast