Question Is 2CheckOut Cool?

Is 2CheckOut an actual payment processor? I was planning on using either AuthorizeNet or PayFlow Pro through Total Merchant Services but can't make up my mind.

http://www.totalmerchantservices.com...rates_fees.asp

http://www.totalmerchantservices.com...etup_costs.asp

We're a web hosting biz and would like to do the normal online signups and recurring billing (thru Quickbooks) and right now just accept check and the occasional PayPal payment.
    Last edited by NxTek; 10-28-2002 at 10:31 AM.
    NxTek Solutions Inc - www.nxtek.net
    Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
    Locally-owned and operated Datacenter since 1999
    There is no best pizza, only the pizza that's right for you.

2CheckOut is not a "true" payment processor. They have their own merchant account and are allowing you to process charges though it. That is why your customers will see "2CheckOut" on their credit card statements instead of your company name.

They are considered a third-party processor. There is nothing wrong with using them or another tpp if you don't want to get a real merchant account (or can't).

Michael
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. I think we're going to go ahead with the Merchant Account then. I'd like our own company to show up on charges we bill for!

NxTek,

I used to be a 2checkout member, but then closed it for a variety of reasons and opened a merchant account through Total Merchant Services who you mentioned above. That was a very good move I feel, you'll be quite happy with your own merchant account.

Best of luck,

David
    http://www.genaldi.com

Great, thanks. I was considering asking around here for recommendations on Merchant Account vendors but have been impressed (so far) with TMS. I hope I continue to be.

I have. Everyone's got a bad story about every company.

Acording to recent announcment from 2checkout, your company name will show up on your client's statements if you go with 2checkout. This is the smallest of all thir problems.

Their ploblems are:

Random downtime,
    Random errors in the admin interface and during the purchases,
    Money on occassion goes missing (you do get it back eventualy) .
    Admin frontend and their backend are not synced (If you chnge some info in the admin frontend that does not mean that these chnges apply).
    Deleyed notifications,
    Random parts of service are malfunctioning at all times (or login does not work, or refunds are broken, or similar).
    Now, if there would be prompt support then all this would not be too much trouble, but you are lucky if you get response to your trouble ticket in less then 2 days.

I'm not too happy with 2checkout -- slow replies on tickets, unfriendly staff, system errors,etc

Do NOT use 2checkout, they are absolutely horrible. I have been a member for over a year and the chargeback rate is absolutely horrendous. They do absolutely NOTHING about chargebacks, nothing stops customers from simply not paying! Their support is horrible. Expect to wait weeks instead of days, and expect a brief and unhelpful response.

I asked them to cancel one of my orders, instead they cancelled my account and now I lost my customer's information! Be warned...

DO not use 2checkout.com i cant even access there site from 2 locations i have tried to comment on them on there forums and i think my ip is banned.

That means cant access my admin page etc. Now that is one sad service.. 2checkout.com at there best.

Kind regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Actually I think we're really cool but will admit to bias.

Our chargeback rate is being lowered because of the reduction we've garnered through our new account relationship. Chargebacks affecting order after 11/15/2002 will be $15 instead of the $29 we previously passed on.

If your IP was banned from forum usage you can contact me to see about getting that removed. This would have nothing to do with problems logging in to your admin panel, though, as the processes aren't linked at all.

Kristin

[email protected]
    Kristin Dach
    Support Services
    2Checkout.com

Is this forum only for current customers, or can potential customers visit also?

I believe it currently setup for existing merchants to use only.

I can double-check on that, however...

Kristin
    Kristin Dach
    Support Services
    2Checkout.com

I love 2checkout service and have been using them for more than 7 month now.

However on the otherhand 2checkout.com must improve on the support and downtime.

I think you'll notice an immediate improvement in support turnaround and quality for tickets and email-based queries. A solution to our (endless) telephone difficulties probably won't be found until we relocate to our new facility in early 2003.

Downtime has been very much reduced since we switched to VO from Interland. I believe the last episode was due to a firewall upgrade gone awry ....

Kristin
    Kristin Dach
    Support Services
    2Checkout.com

Originally posted by certify
    I love 2checkout service and have been using them for more than 7 month now.
    You've been screaming about how bad 2checkout is in the 2checkout censored forum for over a month now. Why do you guys flip-flop so much?!?

Re: Is 2CheckOut Cool?

Originally posted by NxTek
    Is 2CheckOut Cool?
    No, they are not. I just tried to purchase something from a company using 2checkout. Everything seemed to go fine, I received email conformation of my order, and then a few minutes later I received an email stating "Credit Card Credit Transaction Cancelled". I know there is nothing wrong with the card, but from what I have been reading here and a few other places, there seems to be a major problem with the 2checkout order system.

Needless to say, I will not be doing business with anymore companies that use 2checkout. Think about that before signing up with them. How many potential customers are going to keep trying to pay you when 2checkout messes up an order. New customers are too important to trust to this company.