Thread: cpanel for BSD

cpanel for BSD

Would you (and why) recommend cpanel over Plesk for BSD?
    argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Why for BSD? I think a better question is, "Would you (and why) recommend cPanel over Plesk?" Control panels shouldn't run too differently on similar operating systems. And, the answer to my question is ( ) I would choose cPanel over Plesk because it more widely-known across the internet and has a generally good reputation. Plesk on other hand does not have as large of a name and also lacks some features that cPanel users really like (and have learned to love ). The only things I can think going for Plesk are it is less expensive and has fewer bugs.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

From what I hear, the BSD version of cpanel is rather unstable, unstable beyond use from what I hear.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com

Originally posted by jw
    From what I hear, the BSD version of cpanel is rather unstable, unstable beyond use from what I hear.
    From your post I'd guess that you haven't used any of the BSD builds. Since the first production recommended versions were released very very recently, I'm pretty sure that you've only seen/hear about beta builds. The beta builds were out there for testing only, and they were clearly marked as such. Please try the 5.3.x versions (yes, as always free 15 day test licenses are avaible from [email protected]) as they are recommended for production use, and are a world of diffrence from the beta builds.
    J. Nick Koston - cPanel, Inc.