Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hostpacket will not respond to my emails/ph calls **UPDATE** hostpacket.net is DOWN!!

I signed up with hostpacket.net several months ago. They charged me 4.95 and got me going. No complaints. I didn't use the account for a while and forgot about it.

On my last billing statement for my credit card, I noticed there was a 4.95 charge from hostpacket.net. "Oh yeah," I thought. I guess I forgot about it but since I've been charged I might as well use it. Well I emailed the support people at hostpacket to get my user name/login and all of that other good stuff. If I was charged for it, I should be able to use it, right?

Well, they never responded to any of my repeated emails. I also placed about 6-7 phone calls to the phone number listed on their website. I left a message once, explaining the situation and left my email address and phone number. I have not been contacted at all.

This whole experience has left me rather confused and pissed off. $4.95 is not a big deal to me, but I figure if I get charged for a service then I should be able to use it. Refuting the charge with my credit card company is a lengthy process, and I don't really want to go through with that, but will if I must.

Hopefully, posting my story here may instigate a response from the people at hostpacket. Thank you for reading, and please offer some suggestions on how I can fix this crooked situation.
    Last edited by tingwc; 11-02-2002 at 07:35 PM.

Let me also add that of the 6-7 phone calls I've placed, I have NEVER GOTTEN A LIVE PERSON TO SPEAK WITH. I always get some kind of computerized female voice that asks me if I want to leave a message or send a fax. What's the point of having a customer support line when no one ever answers?

If they have a little 24/7 support thing anywhere on the site, I think the computerized female voice is what makes sure they can actually have that. lol

No matter what, you can always get stuck with "her" lol

Well it IS possible that you are calling at times when hostpacket's phones areny manned. (I'm not sure of your locations to each other in the world and the time zones)

or maybe its a one-person operation and he or she needs to hire staff

Maybe they were abducted?
    argonblue.com | sales | 800.710.8004
    LA Grand Avenue, Rancho Cordova, cages, racks and power plus HE Fremont cabinets available!

Are they still running? I thought they shutdown ages ago.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Yeah.. think they did

Well I can buy the excuse that they are not manned when I call them. But, I live in Texas and I believe the number I have been calling is a California area code. Regardless, it is a US telephone number and it's not like I have been calling at 2AM in the morning.

Besides the phone calls, I have sent many many emails. My sent mail box of outlook does not lie. They have not responded at all. Is there another way to handle the situation other than refuting the charge with my credit card company?

Well, things don't look good:

http://www.hostpacket.net/livechat.php

So that doesn't works. And their forum doesn't look good either:

http://www.hostpacket.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Nothing but problems there. Maybe they have bitten the bullet. Nice site though, wonder if we can buy it.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Stats from their phpbb:
    Most users ever online was 1777 on Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:02 am
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

It looks like Kevin left and someone called "Martin" has stepped into the spotlight. Good times to be had by all.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: Hostpacket.net will not respond to my repeated emails/phone calls

Originally posted by tingwc
    I signed up with hostpacket.net several months ago. They charged me 4.95 and got me going. No complaints. I didn't use the account for a while and forgot about it.

On my last billing statement for my credit card, I noticed there was a 4.95 charge from hostpacket.net. "Oh yeah," I thought. I guess I forgot about it but since I've been charged I might as well use it. Well I emailed the support people at hostpacket to get my user name/login and all of that other good stuff. If I was charged for it, I should be able to use it, right?

Well, they never responded to any of my repeated emails. I also placed about 6-7 phone calls to the phone number listed on their website. I left a message once, explaining the situation and left my email address and phone number. I have not been contacted at all.

This whole experience has left me rather confused and pissed off. $4.95 is not a big deal to me, but I figure if I get charged for a service then I should be able to use it. Refuting the charge with my credit card company is a lengthy process, and I don't really want to go through with that, but will if I must.

Hopefully, posting my story here may instigate a response from the people at hostpacket. Thank you for reading, and please offer some suggestions on how I can fix this crooked situation.
    I think you can say good bye to your money and the service. -That Kevin is a thief, i have also paid for their "service", i received just 4 days of service, then asked my accounto to be canceled and my money back,.. that bastard is still charging my credit card and giving me stupid answers about why he will not refund me.

Hope somebody could do something about this jerk and prevent other people from being stolen.

And you are right, maybe its not a lot of money but the fact that this ass* continues to charge me is really pissing me off

Charge Back!

I would agree....the host would get a fee to pay and your order is cancelled! Payback for not supplying you paid service and no more charges. HostPacket would certainly realise the lost a valuable customer!

Good Luck. Service like that is just not aceptable.

doh!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    It looks like Kevin left and someone called "Martin" has stepped into the spotlight. Good times to be had by all.
    This is old old news. Do a search on the boards here.

Martin
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww it's broke

Hmm...odd.

I did several contract projects (graphics) for Kevin and he was always prompt with his payments etc. I would not imagine that he won't be responding. I hope this issue is settled soon.

Guess what I called my credit card company and they said while they I can dispute the 4.95 charge, there is no way to block this thief from charging my credit card in the future. This crook must know this and this is why he continues to charge innocent people. I'm going to dispute this charge and if the SOB tries to charge me again I'll close my frickin' account and open another one just so he can't have access to it. This sucks. Kevin go to hell.

Also... www.hostpacket.net IS NO LONGER WORKING. Did he pack his bags and run away to Costa Rica or what?

Just ask for a new CC number. Easy. Do it now to avoid headaches in the future.

well, it was just a matter of time for this ass* to close the business,... like tingwc, i hope this idiot dont even dare to charge my credit card again or ill hunt his ass all the way to taiwan, where i think he should be right now

timechange: did you designed hostpacket site or what do you mean by "contract projects (graphics)? do you know his real address/phone number? or even his god damn credit card number,.. maybe i could charge his credit card back!

too bad for all the other users out there, just hope this ass* wont do any more stupid things again!

so kevin, (cause im almost sure you continue reading this forums),... go to hell and kiss my ass!!!

Sorry that you got scammed. I designed banners, ads and portals for Hostpacket - not the web site. Kevin is based in Hong Kong but all the payments he made were using PayPal from an account in Canada. That's all that I know.

Well, hostpacket.net is up and running again. I was hoping that the site would die and never come back. You too Kevin. I hope you die and never come back.

Red face

I don't know where Kevin currently physically resides, but when I sent payment to the company by money order, he told me to address it to "Teresa Fong" and I've got the address of the apartment complex.

Piano, could you PM or email me the address to which you sent the money order? We may be able to dig up some information about this low-life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast