Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by lobaloba9
    hmmm.... $500 limit a day is quite low.

it would be good if we could transfer funds overseas through internet banking. so far, i only know of 1 bank in the world that can do this - Westpac Australia.

other banks only allow overseas transfers to very limited no. of countries. Westpac allows transfers to 100 over countries. sigh... if only the US bank follow Westpac leads.... besides, their charges are very low. AUD$15 for each transfer. CHEAP CHEAP!!!
    How interesting. I was quite impressed when Westpac introduced that feature, but I didn't know they were (one of?) the only bank(s) to do it.

We have been using Westpac for our business accounts for well over a year now - they're the best Australian bank for us.

I also use them for my personal cheque account, savings account and Visa card.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net
      0 Not allowed!

hey shaun, just realized that CHASE bank also supports overseas wire transfer through its internet banking. so westpac is not the only bank in the world that supports this. OOpss..
      0 Not allowed!

Chase fees look confusing and expensive.

Near the top of the page they'll tell you something will set you back x amount, yet further down the page they'll tell you it will set you back y amount
      0 Not allowed!

I have my bank account opened with hsbc usa for two months now. I used Easy Corp Ltd to get this account opened and it was done within one month. Maybe it can help... this is totally free banking with HSBC.

http://www.***********************/main.php?f=banking

They also opened me a personal bank account in a private bank in New York. I got online banking, visa debit card and even a american express gold with them.

http://www.***********************/
      0 Not allowed!

i'm from asia apply for US bank account, i send all the document
    to Wells Fargo 2 months ago, but there is no reply from them.

May i know average how long it take to reply you.

It was 2 months already.
      0 Not allowed!

I think we have to do a lot of search due there are some banks in the states where non residents are welcome. There are some banks in the US that they not always were Americans, and they are the ones who are able to open accounts for people from where they come from. For instance, HSBC can open accounts for people from Hong Kong or Shangai, etc.
    I am from Latin America… I thought Miami or Florida State is the most suitable state to find a bank whose beginners were people from Latin America. I found this page: http://yp.bellsouth.com/yp.dyn?mkt=M...=BANKS&srch=X. In this page there is a list with Miami Banks. Just there I found “Pacific National Bank”, who many years ago was called “Banco Pacífico” and it is from Ecuador. Of course, they are able to open accounts for people from Ecuador just with a signature, but I was grateful when I realize that they are helping to open accounts for people from all Latin America.
    Maybe, you can find the bank from your country, or a country nears yours. They will be happy to help you.
    Mario Agustín Moyano
    G-SE (Exercise Sciences Resources)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123