Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any dirt on Host Rocket?

I may change SP to Host Rocket. Any dirt out there?
      0 Not allowed!

I did find this using search http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=hostrocket. They do have a impressive site, but have not had any experience with them myself.

Rob
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-05-2002 at 10:05 AM.
    Best Regards,
    Secure Reliable Low Cost Hosting Solutions
    http://SRLHosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

I saw that, too.

It really worried me. They are the number 2 hosting company by several guides.

Chuck
      0 Not allowed!

We use them for managed hosting for my forum.

Overall I would give there hardware a 10, support a 10, service a 10, network a 9.

I would say overall very solid company.

Joe
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"
      0 Not allowed!

Host Rocket threads are posted on these forums often. Some good, some bad. Do a search.
      0 Not allowed!

I think because they have so many servers, you'll get alot of mixed stories as some of their servers are in better working condition than others.

Clients that've come from HostRocket have all complained of intermitted slowness and all out downtime that support denied had happened.

And like other people mentioned, this forum is full HostRocket threads.
    UpNIX Internet Administrator
    --
    http://www.upnix.com
      0 Not allowed!

I know crazy amounts of hostrocket dirt! PM me for details!

-Brendan
      0 Not allowed!

PM sent.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: I saw that, too.

Originally posted by cwbullet
    It really worried me. They are the number 2 hosting company by several guides.

Chuck
    What guides?
      0 Not allowed!

NEX DOG! YOU SHOULD KNOW THE FORUM RULES!

By the way, your post count is currently 666...Thats the 3rd one in the last 2 days.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility
      0 Not allowed!

Aw, I had to make this one 667.

What's this about the Rules?

I think jokes are allowed....
      0 Not allowed!

lol dreamHOBO, yeah it was just a joke.
    the HR guy said PM me for plenty of dirt, and I dont actually think nex dog PM'd him, he just said it for a laugh. hehe
    For quality hosting at a quality datacenter - www.ultralogic.net
    admin@ultralogic.net
      0 Not allowed!

Well, they sure have solid uptime. Lately they've been having problems with their mail server but I guess that's minor since things seem to have resolved now. The only problem i see with them is support.. It takes up to about 48 hours for a ticket marked "Normal" to be answered. Ocasionally you'll have a response within hours, but most of the time its 24-48 hours. But generally, i'll give them 3.5/5 :-)
    Have you Floble'd today?
      0 Not allowed!

He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog
      0 Not allowed!

.....is no longer alive.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I saw www.hostrocketsucks.com too.

It was pretty descriptive. In fact I guess the guey had problems with his emails , even rolled back to an old hotmail account just to keep his business alive ( can you believe it ).

And also at the time I have seen it , he was playing already with hostrocket lawyers. Having an impressive site has nothing to do with having a good service.

If you want an impressive site you can get it.... Just an example , we already made some "expensive" sites to some resellers of ours that request it.

I mean you can sell caviar with an ugly site and you can sell grand ma pie with an outstanding one.

As a designer I have to agree that the design of a site is the first impression that a client gets, but in my opinion it has nothing to do with the service.

Their site was made by pixelbrick.com .

Just like rackfast.com . I guess they are partners , they have definately something to do with HR.
    ADJK Design Technologies
    Web Hosting, Web Design , Advertising , Risk Free Reseller Solutions
    www.adjkdesign.com
      0 Not allowed!

...I guess the guey
    is actually

THE GUY , lol.

Using a QWERTZ keyboard now, sorry for the typo lol.
    ADJK Design Technologies
    www.adjkdesign.com
      0 Not allowed!

In our defense, the mail system that the guy on that site had a problem with has not been in use for any of our customers for many months, and he has not been a customer of ours for over a year and a half now.

As for sanjiv, he is located on the other side of the world from the bulk of our customers so we unfortunatly have to do all of our mail server work during the middle of the day for him.

Ticket responses are absolutly no where near 48 hours in lead time, if you get bored goto http://hostrocket.com/support/ and give it a test yourself, noone will get angry.

We do appreciate all the kind words from our competitors over at adjkdesign.com, it keeps us on our toes

-Brendan
      0 Not allowed!

Well, im my eperience (and yes, I unfortunately do still have two accounts at Hostrocket) the machines can be fairly stable most of the time. However, the support people have been very rude, don't answer questions, and do take a long time to respond to a ticket...only to not answer it...or only partially answer it.

Peronally, I would avoid them. They may be great for some.... but rude support and frequent suspensions of sites is common. *When* their forum is up, you will see those threads frequently until they delete them.

Just my $0.02
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet
      0 Not allowed!

I also saw the www.hostrocketsucks.com page when it was up and I was scared to even look at the hostrocket.com site lol. There are plenty of good hosts out there with great support, I would avoid hostrocket. Im currently looking for hosting also, and if you post in the webhosting request section they are always helpful and willing to work something out with you. The forum is filled with plenty of good hosts who are very nice people..so take your time and look around
    PixelOptik
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HRBrendan

We do appreciate all the kind words from our competitors over at adjkdesign.com, it keeps us on our toes

-Brendan
    Well let me tell you. All I have said here was actually public some months ago....and you know it because in the site hostrocketsucks , the guy was asking for help from other web hosting firms , in order to get a defense, since we was already afraid of what you could do. And if he was afraid.....

About my opinion about your design , sorry but it is the truth.

Anyone disagrees ?

I guess not. Your site was not designed by yourselves. And it is listed at pixelbrick.com, so what do you want to do against that ?

I said nothing against you. I said what I saw and what I think , that's all.
    ADJK Design Technologies
    www.adjkdesign.com
      0 Not allowed!

Well whatever you can tell people whatever you want, the fact of the matter is that the guy who ran that site has not been a customer of ours for a year and a half.

Look at your own company, ours, or think of another one, and tell me alot has not changed in the past 18 months. I'm willing to bet at least half of the hosts on this board wern't even in business 18 months ago.

I'll be the first to admit that we have had our share of problems but to judge a company based on the review of perhaps the most delusional customer I have ever encountered's take on things from a year and a half ago is rather naive.

At least Jeep Guy is a current customer of ours and although he's not our biggest fan... probably with good reason... I am not up to date on his specific situation, he's very much in the minority as far as our customers go.

Jeep Guy, if you can email me some examples of our support staff being rude I'd love to see them as that's something we are working on improving as well, and feedback is always appreciated.

-Brendan
    Last edited by HRBrendan; 10-28-2002 at 06:14 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

And does the guy have against PixelBrick? FYI, RackFast is the Data Cener/Dedicated Hosting branch of HostRocket.

Nice sites bring in the customers and good service keeps them. Sound logic and good common sense.
      0 Not allowed!

No one talked here about Pixelbrick being good or not , that is not the point.

The point is ..... that logical of " good site - good service" for me does not work , that's all I mean.
    ADJK Design Technologies
    www.adjkdesign.com
      0 Not allowed!

I dont think anyone in this thread has mentioned that but you, I think most people are well aware of the fact that things aren't always as they appear.

-Brendan
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast