Exclamation We need a redesign!

We've worked out an arrangement with a designer. Thanks to all for your proposals!

We need a redesign for www.nxtek.net

General Specs:
    • 2 or 3 Column Liquid Design – our current design has a fixed width and some external pages break the design.
    • Current Navigation – I’d like to keep the navigation script we have, but the script can be modified to be horizontal or vertical, text or graphics for the elements. I can do this, just keep it in mind for the design.
    • Good Internal Layout – some inside pages have a big amount of text, so it needs to look good obviously.
    • Colors – a nice slate purple, grayish blue, etc, similar to our current colors but purple is our favorite color.
    • Small Flash Header – some animation would be good in the header, possibly the services we offer (Web Hosting, Web Development, Mailing List Hosting, etc. We do a lot)
    • Pictures – Somewhat interchangeable pictures of people, business, huge impressive waves or buildings, stuff like that. These will be used as headers and scattered throughout the site.
    • Icons – if they’re not cheesy. We may need additional ones for our Control Panel.
    • Boxes for Newsletter, Domain Registration, and Search. Logos at the bottom of the main page. All content will pretty much stay the same, we just need a huge facelift.

Designs we kinda like:
    We’d need all the source files, fla, psd, etc. The sliced HTML is preferred but negotiable. Payment by check, credit card, or PayPal. We will pay 50% once we approve the design (screenshot is fine), and the remaining 50% once delivered. This design must not have not been already sold and will not be resold in the future. Partial or total trades welcome in exchange for any services we offer. Potential work in the future is very likely, we’re a swamped web design/development company.

Serious offers only, your designs must be the best.
    Last edited by NxTek; 11-02-2002 at 03:55 PM.
    NxTek Solutions Inc - www.nxtek.net
    Award-winning Hosting, Development, and Ecommerce Solutions
    Locally-owned and operated Datacenter since 1999
    There is no best pizza, only the pizza that's right for you.

Interested

Latest work : http://askhosting.net/v1/

Portfolio : http://www.masboy.com (moving to a business site currently)

Some flash work (its old though, can do much better now ) : http://lovetrain.info/main.p

Price for a one page template/sliced/w logo = $200
    3 pages = $300
    5 - 10 pages = $400

Flash banner (the banner as good as what pixelbrick or 2advanced do) :-additional (depends on complexity)

You will have a site as good as what other design companies do but for a very very less less price. Looking forward to do business with you

MSN : [email protected]

Email : [email protected]

Standard Business Terms
    We work fixed price or time and materials or cost plus.

Payment terms for Fixed Price.
    a. 50% - due upon project startup.
    b. 50% - due upon completion project and files being transferred to the Client specified and acceptance of the work by the Client.

Turnaround times vary, depending on effort, and will be discussed in detail prior to contract/project award.
    Last edited by AmericanD; 10-28-2002 at 03:46 AM.
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com

do you just want templates or will you require content and/or backend coding as well?
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Originally posted by skelley1
    do you just want templates or will you require content and/or backend coding as well?
    Definitely 1 template, maybe a few with our existing content dropped in and rearranged a bit, like on our pricing page.

Depending on your budget, I might be able to do some work for you. This job would require $800+. Also, I would not be responsible for any backend work (this includes writing new scripts, as well as implementation). I will do all work in HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

Here are some work examples:

www.fozzy-networks.com (flash only)
    www.urbantwelve.com/u12v1/
    www.urbantwelve.com/ecosynthetix/
    www.urbantwelve.com/enroute/dedicated.html
    www.urbantwelve.com/ddb/
    www.urbantwelve.com/3tec/

If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact me with information on your budget.

Best Regards,
    Chris Golda
    Creative Director
    UrbanTwelve

Interested

Hi,

I just want to say I am interested. But before I go any further I will be handing in a mock-up so you could see what I can do.

I am very serioius about this, so please don't choose any one yet.
    To God be the glory, Great things he has done!

AIM:kempes900

I noticed your site is primarily HTML, and while that will do just fine for now, when your getting heavy hits and providing any sort of online support, your site will become a beast in terms of bandwidth.

I can probably cut your site down to 1/3 of its original size in HTML using PHP and a MySQL backend (if you don't have access to a MySQL database, either I can provide a hosting package for you that does on my companies servers, or we can work with flat files, wich ultimately is alot slower than any RDBMS)

I would charge around 800$ give or take any features you wanted to add to the original design. And provide up to 60 days of tech support to the actual website, to ensure its functional and bug free.

Your site will load faster, be easier to manage (a single point of data rather than multiple entrys [such as a single contact file containing phone numbers, email address, etc rather than listing all the information across each HTML file]) and will have unlimited room to expand.

If you have any questions, or want to know more about my offer, email me at [email protected] .

Also if you have yet to make a choice, check us out: www.chewnet.biz
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Originally posted by Novicane
    Your site will load faster, be easier to manage (a single point of data rather than multiple entrys [such as a single contact file containing phone numbers, email address, etc rather than listing all the information across each HTML file]) and will have unlimited room to expand.
    Thanks for the offer but we already do this. The pages are ASP, not just HTML, and we use SQL as a back-end.

NxTek,

$1000-2000 is our quote.

We have a team of 4 individuals who work on all projects, design, programming, and implementation.

We have worked with companies such as CNET, Kualo, Ventures Online, and Jarvis Group.

Not to mention our associates work history.

Business Professionals of America awarded us 1st place in Web Development.

We are finishing a project Tuesday, and we do have a slot from the 28th, until November 1st to accept a job.

Please contact our secretary at [email protected] for more information.

Thank you for your time.

J.O.
    President
    Jeoworks LLC

Not sure if this is still open - if so I'm interested. My initial quote is around $400. You can see some of my work here - http://www.blalox.com - Please contact me if interested. Thank you.

Blalox

We have worked with companies such as CNET, Kualo, Ventures Online, and Jarvis Group.
    I'm afraid we have not contracted you for any work in the past, so am a little confused by this comment.

Regards,

Jo Stonehouse
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

Affordable Web Hosting @ www.qoolhost.com

I'm afraid that by looking at his site and portfolio...a false list of clients has been compiled
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

Jo Stonehouse-

Mr. Tomaka worked with your company for almost 4 months.

Chaps, it is against the law to make false accusations which makes false impressions about a company.

Just so you know.

Explanation: Virtual .:G:. Drive is a very large program, in which CNET, Jarvis Group, and Ventures Online are taking interest in.

Mr. Burns with Ventures, Mr. Jarvis with Jarvis Entertainment Group, and Mr. Morrow with CNET.

I would expect an apology, but from what I am told about these people on these boards, you can expect these types of replies.
    Last edited by Jeoworks; 11-03-2002 at 02:22 PM.

I'll first off state that by me saying that I am afraid...is not making an accusation and is not against the law. I did not perform slander...I simply stated that by looking at your work, I saw no connection to the companies you stated you had worked for.

2nd...if I am building a better airbag, and GMC and Toyota say they may be interested in my final product does NOT mean I have done work for GMC and Toyota. In the same sense, if I sell tires, and someone buys tires for their Ford Taurus, does not mean I work for Ford.

3rd...an owner, or at least someone within one of the organizations you claimed to work with, came here and stated that your claim was false.

Now do you honestly think that we have no reason for believing you mislead us?

If you have spent any time on this board at all, ou would know that frauds and fakes frequent here with false information.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

I will apologize if your statements are in fact true...but I still feel there is some misleading information in your claims. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it, and unless proved wrong by fact, will continue to have that opinion.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

Mr. Tomaka worked with your company for almost 4 months.
    Andrew Tomaka worked for us and continues to work for us. I do not feel that this gives you any right to assume that you can claim that your company, Jeoworks, has had any previous affiliation with Kualo. Whether or not Andrew works for you now, or whether he has any relationship with your company at all, gives you no right to assume that you can claim a relationship between "Jeoworks" and "Kualo", for the only relationship was between "Andrew" and Kualo. I have even spoken to Andrew and he has informed me that he will speak to you about this "misunderstanding", if you could even call it that.

I do not understand why I should be expected to offer you an apology, as we have nothing to apologise for.

Regards,

Jo
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

jstonehouse...

Thank you very much for clarifying that. I too was asked to apologize and I guess in the end, I was correct.

So speaking of illegal acts Mr. Jeoworks...looks like you are the one on the unlawful side of things.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

As I have posted in my original post, I expect this from the type of people on these boards.

Quoting myself from the original post, I said Jeoworks has "worked with" these companies, I then went on to list the companies.

Therefore, if you create a product, and companies pursue this product to release it to the public, you are therefore working with the company.

Jo Stonehouse:

I shall tell you how business works. If my secretary works for me for 3 years, and in that 3 years she does work for 2 companies, Jeoworks has worked with those 2 companies.

In my opinion, the companies that deal with my associates, are dealing with my company as a whole.

And FYI, I am the one who inspired Andrew to work for you, in order to gain knowledge for our Web Hosting business we are working on.

Therefore Andrew is working for you, for free, in order to gain knowledge for web hosting.

Did you think he was doing you a friendly favor?

In conclusion, I still expect two apologies for false accusations.

FYI, Jeoworks the company, is based on the associates. What the associates do builds the company. The total knowledge of Jeoworks is based on its associates. Therefore whatever experience they have, adds to the experience of Jeoworks.

If I work for 3rdcoast.com, doing designs for them, my associates can claim to have worked with 3rdcoast LLC.

Just so you know Mr. Stonehouse, Andrew is working for Kualo to better his knowledge, and to better our goal of opening a Web Hosting business.

Therefore he is working directly for Kualo, to directly benefit Jeoworks LLC.

Thank you.

Jeo, sounds like you yourself have a wholeeee lot to learn about ethical business practices.

You reap what you sew, my friend!

g'day

I tell ya! I am being redicouled by kids!

You're talking to me about ethics?

I may act like a kid at times, but I happen to be 38. Old enough to know that it is *should* be ethically and morally wrong to have someone work for someone else to make use of their trade secrets. This doesn't stop people from doing it, but that doesn't make it right either.

To bad Jo didn't have the foresight to have your buddy sign a non-compete agreement. Hopefully he will in the future, to stop scammers from stealing from him.

I'll bet if you did that in the corporate world, there would be some federal time waiting for you in the end. Unless Guido took care of it himself!

If the party you infringed upon wishes to, I am certain that legal action could still be forth coming.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd bet you would be one ****-raising dude/dudette

You have the situation all wrong.

Like I said, when you don't know the situation, its easy to make assumptions.

It is illegal to make false accusations.

Jeoworks...where is your degree in Bus Admin from?

Nobody made false accusations, YOU made false claims. And it's not whether we THINK you made a false claim...you DID in FACT make a false claim and it has been backed by a member of a company you claimed to work with.

If you know the "type of people" that post here...1) why are you here if we're so obsolete...2) why are you asking an apology from these "people."

And if we don't know the situation, how about you bring forth the facts to fully explain and prove the situation.

Kualo has stated no affiliation with your company.

Are you saying that if a delivery boy used to work for Domino's Pizza, now works for Pizza Hut...that Pizza Hut has worked with Domino's?

I don't know how old you are...I don't know what, if any, business education you possess...but contrary to what you think, the people on this board are not stupid enough to buy your crap. Many people on this board are well educated in all areas including Business.

I have nothing against you nor your business. I am glad you are succeeding (if that be the case). But, false claims is a serious offense, and you get caught in the wrong situation, and it will all turn bad real quick.

You're very lucky Kualo has decided to take this with a grain of salt. However, your insistence that they are wrong in this matter may change their mind.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

Therefore he is working directly for Kualo, to directly benefit Jeoworks LLC.
    There was still no co-operation between the two companies...you really need to read your old business books.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

Kualo was unaware that Andrew worked for us.

This is childish. Such a minimal matter. I for one wouldn't even care if I mentioned Kualo or not, in the end, they do nothing for a reputation.

I prefer discussions in a professional manner.

For your knowledge chaps, I never claimed a co-operation.

I claimed that Jeoworks LLC WORKED WITH Kualo. Andrew is apart of our team, which makes up Jeoworks LLC. Therefore Andrew WORKED WITH Kualo, which means Jeoworks LLC worked with Kualo.

I don't know how much more simple I can state it. That is in the old business books. Its called knowledge by association.

Actually I can see that you haven't completed a college degree. In fact, you're frsh out of highschool...you and your 19 year old buddy Travis. So how do you get off calling us children?

co·op·er·ate
    intr.v. co·op·er·at·ed, co·op·er·at·ing, co·op·er·ates
    1. To work or act together toward a common end or purpose.

Hmmm...to work or act together, so in other words work with??? So yes, you did claim to cooperate with those companies. You claimed you worked with them, that is the defnition of cooperation.

I claimed that Jeoworks LLC WORKED WITH Kualo. Andrew is apart of our team, which makes up Jeoworks LLC. Therefore Andrew WORKED WITH Kualo, which means Jeoworks LLC worked with Kualo.
    You admitted yourself:
    Kualo was unaware that Andrew worked for us.
    That Kualo was unaware that Andrew worked for you...yet you say because he worked with Kualo, Kualo worked with you. But Kualo didn't know Andrew was with Jeoworks...so in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM did Kualo ever WORK WITH Jeoworks.

The bottom line is, you made false claims which is illegal. You also gave the false impression that you were older than the rest of the people partaking in the thread in which there is a good chance that you are indeed the youngest person on the thread.

And knowledge by association? Who the hell do you associate with man? You should start associating with a registered post-secondary institute of business, or you're going to be in deep in the near future.
    Lime Drop Marketing!

Anyone who acts in a childish manner, are children to me.

As I said before, you may talk to me over email.

Its rediculous, and unprofessional to do it in here. I even apologized for replying like I did on these boards.

Dear JeoWorks et al:

To start with I am 48 so don't go making any of your remarks about me being a child just because I choose to have an opinion on this subject. I feel since I have been associtated with Kualo for quite some time now in a real sense and actually do work with Kualo in a real sense that I have a right to respond.

When I first read your 'false claim' (and please don't threaten me with your innuendos) that your company had 'worked' with Kualo I was amused. Now I find that you are arrogant enough to ask for an apology from the very company that you have made false claims of being associated with. I don't find this amusing at all. I'm pretty sure if I contacted my legal counsel that they wouldn't find it amusing either. It seems neither do the majority of the other "people" who frequent this board.

If you feel as you stated:
    "I for one wouldn't even care if I mentioned Kualo or not, in the end, they do nothing for a reputation."

Then why make the statement in the first place. If it profited you not to use Kualo as a 'real bonafide' reference without even taking the prudent measure of asking then don't ASSume you have that right. Anyone with a shred of common sense would know that even if they had a real business relationship (one that never occurred except in your imagination) you would still ask that individual or company if they could be used as a reference.
    Why didn't you use Microsoft? Do you use any of their products? I know why.

The only conclusion I can come to is that due to the fact that Andrew had an association with your company and with Kualo that you felt it would help make your other 'claims' look more realistic to members of this forum. At this point I find it hard to believe that you have had any real collaboration with any of the companies you have claimed to 'work' with. As asked before, where is the proof. If you have then more power to you.

I once worked for Canadian Pacific Railway and they own many other companies but I would never be so arrogant as to claim I worked for any of those companies due to the fact that there is an association between them. It's called moral integrity and honesty.

My association with Kualo to set the record straight is that I am the franchisee for Canada for the parent Kualo company. Nothing more nothing less. I guess in your world that would mean because I once had a conversation with Andrew that I could claim that I worked with your company. How ridiculous, why would I want to be associated with your company?

My only concern is the reputation of Kualo, it is a lot more honorable and worth much more than your company could afford.

Dennis Perley
    Kualo Canada

Arg, I wish you had enough respect to send that to me over email.

Feel free to send that response to [email protected].

I will respond at that time.

I have apologized for using Kualo, but for you to attack me is disrespectful, and unprofessional.

Its funny how many people assume Jeoworks is one person.

As you have stated, is Microsoft just one person in Bill Gates? Or is it the 50,000 people that work for Microsoft?

Every single person has assumed that Jeoworks is just me, when infact it includes many others.

Feel free to email me.

Once again, I apologized to everyone for the misunderstanding. I am just defending my view, and asking that I be shown how I am wrong.

Originally posted by Jeoworks
    Arg, I wish you had enough respect to send that to me over email.

Feel free to send that response to [email protected].

I will respond at that time.

I have apologized for using Kualo, but for you to attack me is disrespectful, and unprofessional.

Its funny how many people assume Jeoworks is one person.

As you have stated, is Microsoft just one person in Bill Gates? Or is it the 50,000 people that work for Microsoft?

Every single person has assumed that Jeoworks is just me, when infact it includes many others.

Feel free to email me.

Once again, I apologized to everyone for the misunderstanding. I am just defending my view, and asking that I be shown how I am wrong.
    Just in case I missed it I just read over the whole post again and I don't see anywhere you or anyone else from Jeoworks apologising for using Kualo. That is your second mistake.

If that had happened I wouldn't have felt compelled to reply in the forum in the first place. Then I would have had 'respect' for you and corresponded privately if at all. As it stands I am not impressed with the way you have handled this issue either.

As for your opinion of my behavior that is of no consequence to me. Neither have you made any apology to anyone else for the way you replied in this thread as you have indicated. If you do intend to apologise then do so, in a clear manner. If so, I accept your apology, if not I feel no need to continue this discussion.

DPerley

There seems to be no winning with someone who is so utterly convinced they are right, regardless of how wrong they are.

What strikes me as odd, is once it became apparent that the battle was uphill... it then suddenly became childish to carry out a debate over the board.

Jeo, you dont seem to know the truth even when it smacks you in the face.

DPerley, good points you have but this guy is a waste of your energy. Let him keep his misconceived notions in tact, and the big fish eat him for snack.

They say everyone has 15 minutes of fame... some just have it in a courthouse.

Did I not mention that I would continue this over email?

Those who PM'ed me, or Emailed me recieved an apology, and thank you to those who respected my request.

I will not explain anything on here anymore. Its rude and unprofessional.

Shoney, I also heard that the little dog doesn't stick its nose where it doesn't belong. You should also realize that professionals don't argue over an online board. They settle their matters in a more respectable manner

Once Kualo emails me, I will apologize for wording our relations wrong.

What I should have said is that an associate with Jeoworks has worked with Kualo, not Jeoworks has worked with Kualo.

My mistake.

Jeoworks, If thats a threat... be man enough to say it outright! I dont give a rats about what you think about me, nor my thoughts. As a known, misleader of information, your credibility doesn't stack up to well.

You broadcast wrongful information over the internet, and get pissed when someone calls your bluff. If your going to lie, do so where you wont get caught. WHT is not such a place!

What's rude and unprofessional is knowingly misrepresenting your company affiliations.

Its sad that you think that WHT is a place of integrity.

You think I deliberately sought out to deceive anyone? I thought that it was ok to assume that Kualo worked with Jeoworks because of my associates relations.

I apologized for assuming something that wasn't true.

I am a very professional person, therefore I first apologized for what I said, I then apologized for my actions on this board.